Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
It’s been a week since the end of the trip, thought I’d give my thoughts as a first time Wine & Diner.

First off, this was my second ever in person runDisney weekend. It also happened to be my first in person half marathon ever as well.Couple more firsts as well, this was my first time attending Food & Wine (that I can remember).

In comparison to Springtime Surprise (which is my only basis for comparison as it’s the only other live weekend I have participated in). I’d say that Wine & Dine has a lot more “going on” between the post-race party, very merry, Christmas festivities, half marathon. I do however, feel that the theming on Springtime Surprise is much better (at least so far). I didn’t hate the themes for Wine & Dine weekend they were just weaker than the Springtime Surprise themes. Everything else “going on” though really gives the weekend a distinct feel and is something I enjoyed.

I can definitely see myself running Wine & Dine next year. I am already participating in Springtime Surprise again next year in person. For both weekends, I have ran all the races and challenges.

The Wine & Dine challenge medal this year I have to admit (in its closed position) I didn’t notice how ornate it ended up being this didn’t come across in pictures. It is one of the most ornate medals that I have in my collection. Aladdin is also my favorite classic Disney movie so I am a little biased.

As this was my first Wine & Dine, and first in person half I thought it would be nice to commemorate this occasion. On the final day of the trip, I headed over to EPCOT and took the medals, and challenge bib over to the Art of Disney to be framed with the matting. I imagine it will take quite a while to receive them back but, the waiting should be worth it.

Overall, a fun weekend. Would definitely run it again.
Thanks for sharing about your race weekend.
I'm trying to decide if I do next years W&D or make another try at Marathon.

I'm curious if you or any other runner noticed a difference on the half since they pushed Proof of Time back 15 minutes (2:15) from the year before being 2hr. I was wondering if that helped runners from not getting blocked behind a wall of walkers that the year before was like.

Surferboy567

Thanks for sharing about your race weekend.
I'm trying to decide if I do next years W&D or make another try at Marathon.

I'm curious if you or any other runner noticed a difference on the half since they pushed Proof of Time back 15 minutes (2:15) from the year before being 2hr. I was wondering if that helped runners from not getting blocked behind a wall of walkers that the year before was like.
I didn’t have any problems where I was placed in Corral D (for two course challenge) Corral B (for 5K), would I of liked to be higher up in the challenge sure, but wasn’t an issue. All the runners I started with kept a decent pace and wasn’t really stuck beyond a few bottlenecks.

Surferboy567

Framing done by Art of Disney. On the left they framed my bib, just got it today.

Attachments

• 295A2CE3-FFAA-49F9-8FEB-211B4FF5791B.jpeg
    295A2CE3-FFAA-49F9-8FEB-211B4FF5791B.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 72

Surferboy567

i don't think i want to ask what that cost...
You really don't. They do a great job, but I go to Michael's and they also to a great job for a lot less.
$120, yes it’s pricy but I didn’t think it was awful considering Disney prices. Shipping costs are extra, wanted to do something special for my first Wine & Dine and in person half.

Surferboy567

The first are special. I keep both my marathons out, while all my other 20+ disney medals ended up in a box somewhere.
I keep my other non framed medals on a medal hanger.

EDIT: Haven’t decided what I’m doing to do with the upcoming Springtime Surprise medals since I’m such a fan of theme I may frame them.

Though, I anticipate having many more races ahead of me so possibly the hanger.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Throughout the celebration, Disney 100 will showcase fans’ favorite stories and beloved characters with monthly themes. This February, we’re highlighting one fantastical and magical family from the Academy Award winning Walt Disney Animation Studios film, “Encanto”! And though here at runDisney we’re not quite ready to spill the beans on the full theme for our 2023 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend, we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to join the celebration and share a sneak peek!

When you run the 2023 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon at Walt Disney World Resort, or in any destination of your choosing as a virtual participant, you’ll be cheered on by none other than Mirabel and the family Madrigal!"

Blog-1.jpg

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Probably an unpopular opinion but, while I don’t dislike Encanto, this makes my choice easier to stick with Springtime and Marathon this coming year. I wish they would just go back to some classic Food & Beverage Disney theming like 2019 and before for this race weekend!

surfsupdon

Probably an unpopular opinion but, while I don’t dislike Encanto, this makes my choice easier to stick with Springtime and Marathon this coming year. I wish they would just go back to some classic Food & Beverage Disney theming like 2019 and before for this race weekend!
Agreed. I love some of the music of Encanto, sure. But is the race the Wine&Dine Half or the Encanto Half??

I don’t get themes sometimes.

Go back to an Epcot, travel, food, drink, etc theme. But just to say the W&D Half is themed to Encanto…really makes no sense.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Agreed. I love some of the music of Encanto, sure. But is the race the Wine&Dine Half or the Encanto Half??

I don’t get themes sometimes.

Go back to an Epcot, travel, food, drink, etc theme. But just to say the W&D Half is themed to Encanto…really makes no sense.
Totally agree. I'm so confused with the PR statement and trying to do a sneak peak that raises more questions than it does with excitement. Is the Theme going to be family and dinner?

Also if they're not ready to share details yet on the theme, maybe they should've shared Disneyland's race details first.

surfsupdon

Totally agree. I'm so confused with the PR statement and trying to do a sneak peak that raises more questions than it does with excitement. Is the Theme going to be family and dinner?

Also if they're not ready to share details yet on the theme, maybe they should've shared Disneyland's race details first.
And also, when was it announced that during 100 Years of Wonder that we’d have month long feature celebrations??? I’m a huge Disney fan, and I’ve never realized their intention. I was like, “What?!”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom