Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

RunningKoen

A44B9149-EF84-4C03-BDD9-17EBF97A9F3F.jpeg

It was hot and sweaty

RunningKoen

9915CBE3-76A5-402D-A31A-2011D07F8A06.jpeg

I loved the rain. Cooled me down a bit. Was going to run soaked anyway for this was a nice change.

The humidity was a killer for me. Slowed my pace down and did a bit of stops (3 bathroom break and all waterpistool aswell). 2.45! Coral C wasn’t that bad. Might have been in B I guess. Took me until the entrance of studios to find the part of the race with runners with my pace and the massive overtaking stopped

Figment82

Even after training all summer in the central FL humidity, yesterday still managed to kick my bum. Just wasn’t my race, I guess. I was in corral D and found the course to be unusually congested all the way until we hit World Drive around mile 7/8. Not really a problem with course etiquette or anything specific, just a ton of people in general on a course that never seemed to thin out. That, coupled with the humidity, made for a bit of a frustrating run.

Didn’t get the time I wanted, but still had fun overall, managed to finish, and kept the “perfect” streak alive another year! 😂

Congratulations to everyone that participated this weekend!!

Surferboy567

It’s been a week since the end of the trip, thought I’d give my thoughts as a first time Wine & Diner.

First off, this was my second ever in person runDisney weekend. It also happened to be my first in person half marathon ever as well.Couple more firsts as well, this was my first time attending Food & Wine (that I can remember).

In comparison to Springtime Surprise (which is my only basis for comparison as it’s the only other live weekend I have participated in). I’d say that Wine & Dine has a lot more “going on” between the post-race party, very merry, Christmas festivities, half marathon. I do however, feel that the theming on Springtime Surprise is much better (at least so far). I didn’t hate the themes for Wine & Dine weekend they were just weaker than the Springtime Surprise themes. Everything else “going on” though really gives the weekend a distinct feel and is something I enjoyed.

I can definitely see myself running Wine & Dine next year. I am already participating in Springtime Surprise again next year in person. For both weekends, I have ran all the races and challenges.

The Wine & Dine challenge medal this year I have to admit (in its closed position) I didn’t notice how ornate it ended up being this didn’t come across in pictures. It is one of the most ornate medals that I have in my collection. Aladdin is also my favorite classic Disney movie so I am a little biased.

As this was my first Wine & Dine, and first in person half I thought it would be nice to commemorate this occasion. On the final day of the trip, I headed over to EPCOT and took the medals, and challenge bib over to the Art of Disney to be framed with the matting. I imagine it will take quite a while to receive them back but, the waiting should be worth it.

Overall, a fun weekend. Would definitely run it again.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom