Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

dreamfinder

Interesting wording regarding start groups:

• runDisney will be utilizing Start Groups to follow health and safety guidelines and manage the flow of participants from the staging area to the start of the race. Your start group designation is a small “s” followed by a number (such as s1, s2, s3, s4) and is located in the upper corner of your bib.

Interesting. B.A.A. did something similar for Boston last weekend, but since they load buses from a single location, they could control the flow much easier. You get on bus at time, off bus, drop bag, last port a pottie stop, then start running. No hanging around in the staging area at all. Although going off the start area maps they posted, it looks like instead of having people clustering at the actual start area, you cluster in the pre-stage area. Doesn't look to be a huge difference to me.

Is there really any point in this when they are happy to do this in MK?

Plausible deniability. At a race everyone NEEDS to be there at the same time. At something at the MK, everyone just happened to show up at the same time for the same thing. The parks were open all day, it's not WDW's fault everyone came early on........

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
@DznyGrlSD,

As you are now our insider for runDisney, have they said anything about runner tracker? Or will we just have to wait until the waivers final drop to see if it's available...

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
@DznyGrlSD,

As you are now our insider for runDisney, have they said anything about runner tracker? Or will we just have to wait until the waivers final drop to see if it's available...

I've only been through Traditions/orientation. I have my 1st runDisney training day tomorrow. From what I understand there are still a LOT of moving parts getting back to live events and wine/dine is quickly approaching.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom