Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Figment82

Just had a memory pop up that 11 years ago yesterday was the start of the very first W&D Half. And early in the morning, 11 years ago today, I finished my very first half marathon. 😂

I’m glad they moved the timeline for the weekend back a month, for the sake of humidity levels. And while the unique nighttime race was fun, boy do I not miss that late night!

MoonRakerSCM

I keep waiting on details... hoping they line up with previous years.

I'm arriving into MCO on Friday at 4pm and will Uber directly to the expo for packet pick up.

I've never ran at WDW but hear the 10K usually starts at the MK parking lot and ends at Epcot? The half does the same but goes via AK? My only thought is they may not do that this year as they may not want to transport everyone via busses to the start line (covid)?

I am realllly hoping that 🐀 is open during the party as I want to go on it and I have little faith in the VQ system during the day.

Hooray Disney run, will see everyone there!

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member

I'm arriving into MCO on Friday at 4pm and will Uber directly to the expo for packet pick up.

I've never ran at WDW but hear the 10K usually starts at the MK parking lot and ends at Epcot? The half does the same but goes via AK? My only thought is they may not do that this year as they may not want to transport everyone via busses to the start line (covid)?

I am realllly hoping that 🐀 is open during the party as I want to go on it and I have little faith in the VQ system during the day.

Good news, 🐀 will be open for the party! https://www.rundisney.com/blog/wine-dine-run-and-party-see-whats-in/

878ADE9F-4A8E-492A-AE0D-7A349B996628.jpeg

The guide usually keeps the same web address from event to event and year to year, it still comes up as Princess 2020. Hopefully, it will be updated in the next week or so with this year’s maps, etc. It should be at the following address when it finally is updated: https://guide.rundisney.events/

Last edited:

dreamfinder

My only thought is they may not do that this year as they may not want to transport everyone via busses to the start line (covid)?

There is no way around buses at the start and the finish. Not enough parking anywhere really other than the parks, but unless you do a loop, still need to offer transit back to the start to pick up cars. Not to mention a large amount of runners don't have cars. Should be like all the WDW transportation, masks required.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Good news, 🐀 will be open for the party! https://www.rundisney.com/blog/wine-dine-run-and-party-see-whats-in/

View attachment 592300

The guide usually keeps the same web address from event to event and year to year, it still comes up as Princess 2020. Hopefully, it will be updated in the next week or so with this year’s maps, etc. It should be at the following address when it finally is updated: https://guide.rundisney.events/

Already rode Rat Ride 4 times during my preview.

A guide, waivers and corral placements would be nice, though.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

It will be chaos if runDisney doesn't provide transportation to/from the races each morning. Not everyone staying on property has a car.

I imagine you'll have to mask up on the bus, as you have to do now. The buses are charters, probably from Mears.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
All Wine and Dine races are once again open for registration. I’m guessing they are trying to squeeze a few more sales out before finalizing the bib numbers for the various corrals (if memory serves, they tend to wait to release the guide and corral placements until they cutoff new registrations)

Last edited:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
All Wine and Dine races are once again open for registration. I’m guessing they are trying to squeeze a few more sales out before finalizing the bib numbers for the various corrals (if memory serves, they tend to wait to release the guide and corral placements until they cutoff new registrations)

I emailed rD yesterday about getting a refund now that I'm WORKING for rD. We'll see what happens.

Texas84

Possibly, but two weeks out for guide and corral isn't unusual.

Texas84

It will be chaos if runDisney doesn't provide transportation to/from the races each morning. Not everyone staying on property has a car.

I imagine you'll have to mask up on the bus, as you have to do now. The buses are charters, probably from Mears.
Ran a local 10K where we were bussed back to the start. They passed out free masks on the bus. We should get free runDisney logo masks. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom