Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm shocked that only the 10k is sold out. Would have expected the 5k to follow. Apparently the expected demand isn't there?

Or the race weekend conflicts with other majors, like Los Angeles. I know a few runners have commented that they registered for others, like Garmin, believing Marathon weekend would be the first in person to return.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I still think recycling the theme helped. If I ran virtual last year, I’d sit this one out until new medal designs came.
And I also think the lack of room availability is a negative.
We shall see moving forward!

I'm pretty sure you are correct about room availability. Several runners in my FB group have commented that they are waiting to see if they can get a room before registering.

Figment82

A very full fall race calendar and 4 months less advance notice are probably the biggest factors, coupled with already restrained resort availability (plus aggravation towards park passes, etc.) and people either desperate to travel and booked a big vacation elsewhere or are still too scared to be in large groups. Add in a tiny fraction of international runners who aren’t sure if the border will be open yet.

I’m honestly surprised they went ahead with W&D (and so late in the game too), but personally I’m thrilled, haha!

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I mean...I'll be there.

Now if I didn't LIVE in Orlando, probably not because we have a "trip" (now staycation) planned for the 50th on 10/1 and it wouldn't have been in the budget for another trip.

Surferboy567

I’m in for the 10K.

Couple of things, entered the queue on two devices.

1st one I started at 9:49 (basically right when the queue opens maybe a couple of seconds late)
2nd I started maybe 30 seconds after the first

The 1st one showed a wait time of 12 minutes (actual 7)
The 2nd showed a wait time of 20 minutes (actual 9)

Both had different queue id’s and the first had a smaller number which I am assuming notates your place in line. Not sure if this info can help anyone registering for future races but there ya go.

We cannot submit results until November 1st, and a Spotify playlist is also in accounts already. It is however, a general training playlist and not race specific.

EDIT: Interested to see how long these last.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom