Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Sadly going to have to pass on wine and dine. Debated finding coverage for the child and dogs but just not that into this theme. I’ll be at marathon weekend though, bummed they don’t have a 10k/half challenge.
I really wish this too. Goofy is too much for me but the 10k/half combo is just right

DomVF07

now that we're all registered...Someone talk to me about the expo.

I've always just gone to get my bibs and whatnot whenever I got a chance to get over to WWoS. What's with the chaos on the 1st day of the expo? worth it? I'm local now and only about a 25 minute drive from WWoS. Worth taking the day off work or no?
We always went the day after it opened to avoid the usual madness. We did one year go the day it opened but went towards mid afternoon after resort check-in so 3ish? If that helps any. Not sure if this year warrants any need to get there early. Seriously bummed about the race jacket though!

DomVF07

First race back on property with the coveted sneaker ornaments and Tervis mug? A zoo.

If there's anything you want, I'd pre-order. And I assume the first hour Expo opens will be madness. I always like to stop at the Arena first to pick up my pre-orders and anything else I want. Especially when bib pickup is in the same building, which it has been for W&D in the past.
We always did the same! That pre-order bag came in handy before bib pickup for all our extra odds and ends we'd somehow end up with. 🤣

Christi22222

Had no intention of signing up for Wine and Dine. Too much going on in our lives, especially with planning to do the Dopey in January. So....more complications in our life ensued and we opted to skip the insanity that will be Marathon Week. Never really went back and re-visited the option of doing the Wine and Dine. Out of curiosity today I looked to see how fast the events were selling out. At 11:00 am mountain time, I was shocked to see all but the 10k were available. Took it as a sign. Husband and I are signed up to do our first Wine and Dine event with the Two Course Challenge. :)

Surferboy567

Of course, the 10K distance is the only virtual race I am (at least now) registering for in terms of races for Wine & Dine.

I am sure registering for virtual will be a different experience though.

OG Runner

Of course, the 10K distance is the only virtual race I am (at least now) registering for in terms of races for Wine & Dine.

I am sure registering for virtual will be a different experience though.

When are you going to run a Disney race at Disney? I know you have run just about everything virtually and successfully,
but your really owe yourself the experience of running one of them in the parks.

Surferboy567

You won't regret it. The combination of the number of runners, the overall atmosphere, as well as, going through
the parks makes it an exceptional experience.
I am extremely excited, and it’s something I have been meaning to do for a while.

In the meantime, to keep myself fit and motivated virtual races is a great option.

When I do go in-person I plan on doing it big full challenge and 5K.

MoonRakerSCM

We're going to WDW the week after the run weekend. I plan to be carried around the parks upon a gluttonous carriage of food and alcohol... but this morning, all my friends were doing it... I saw the cliff... and I summarily jumped off it with them.

Just changed my flights to arrive on Friday and I am now doing the 10k and half challenge.

Why do I do these things?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We're going to WDW the week after the run weekend. I plan to be carried around the parks upon a gluttonous carriage of food and alcohol... but this morning, all my friends were doing it... I saw the cliff... and I summarily jumped off it with them.

Just changed my flights to arrive on Friday and I am now doing the 10k and half challenge.

Why do I do these things?

FOMO is real....

surfsupdon

I still think recycling the theme helped. If I ran virtual last year, I’d sit this one out until new medal designs came.
And I also think the lack of room availability is a negative.
We shall see moving forward!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom