Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

skiir97

Just something that I've been thinking about....I've seen several races modify courses to be loops due to a shortage of volunteers (which is obviously understandable).

Do you think runDisney might have the same problem and have to modify the courses to accommodate less volunteers?

DomVF07

Just something that I've been thinking about....I've seen several races modify courses to be loops due to a shortage of volunteers (which is obviously understandable).

Do you think runDisney might have the same problem and have to modify the courses to accommodate less volunteers?
God I hope not. Especially since we won’t know that til after registration…😉🤔

Surferboy567

I have pretty much decided to rule out April’s Springtime Surprise weekend as the dates for our trip. This was done for many reasons many stated above. We also desired a traditional weekend with a 5K, 10K, Half and Challenge setup.

I also figured I am going to run the Springtime Surprise weekend in some way anyway…virtually if they offer it virtually which it seems like they will by their wording.

That being said all eyes are on November 3-6 2022.

Now, the reason for this post. I am very, very interested to see what happens tomorrow. I am looking for details like how fast do these sell out, does registering multiple people work the same, and of course if registration itself has changed in any substantial way.

These questions will help me gather the information I will need to make plans as well as to gather my parties information. Currently, it will be myself, and two friends. So three registrations at once. We are going to try and shoot for the Two-Course Challenge, and 5K. The main priority is the Two Course Challenge.

I know it’s a year away and the first in-person race hasn’t happened yet but when you think about it it’s not really that far away. With everything getting kicked off in November-December for dates, registration in March, and training in July. I will already have had ran some races in that year with the virtuals I will be signing up for during Marathon, Princess, and Springtime Surprise.

I am also interested to see the event guide, to see how everything has changed or maybe has not changed.

As for this year, I will be running the 10K…virtually. Hopefully, alongside all of you on the date.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I have pretty much decided to rule out April’s Springtime Surprise weekend as the dates for our trip. This was done for many reasons many stated above. We also desired a traditional weekend with a 5K, 10K, Half and Challenge setup.

I also figured I am going to run the Springtime Surprise weekend in some way anyway…virtually if they offer it virtually which it seems like they will by their wording.

That being said all eyes are on November 3-6 2022.

Now, the reason for this post. I am very, very interested to see what happens tomorrow. I am looking for details like how fast do these sell out, does registering multiple people work the same, and of course if registration itself has changed in any substantial way.

These questions will help me gather the information I will need to make plans as well as to gather my parties information. Currently, it will be myself, and two friends. So three registrations at once. We are going to try and shoot for the Two-Course Challenge, and 5K. The main priority is the Two Course Challenge.

I know it’s a year away and the first in-person race hasn’t happened yet but when you think about it it’s not really that far away. With everything getting kicked off in November-December for dates, registration in March, and training in July. I will already have had ran some races in that year with the virtuals I will be signing up for during Marathon, Princess, and Springtime Surprise.

I am also interested to see the event guide, to see how everything has changed or maybe has not changed.

As for this year, I will be running the 10K…virtually. Hopefully, alongside all of you on the date.

The 10K bibs typically go first, as bibs are held back for the Challenge.

I expect the bibs will sell out fast. Have several devices up and running on the W&D page and logged into your rD account on each device. Have your credit card in hand. Figure out your pacing and completion time beforehand...you can change it later, if need be before the deadline. Frankly, if you're going to submit a PoT, I'd do that later so you don't have to hunt for the link to that race. You can add another race/person to your registration session, but know that means filing out the form for that race/person too, before getting to the payment section. Which you want to get to ASAP, as your place isn't guaranteed until your payment is processed. Skip the section where you can pre-order merchandise...you can do that later. I've had a race sell out as my payment was processing.

In order words, decide which race is the most important one and go for that, completing the registration.

I sure hope rD hasn't changed the process....

If I can't get the 5k tomorrow, I think I'll do what @DznyGrlSD mentioned, volunteer for that race. I'm gonna be there anyway.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. I'm sure it will be a stressful morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom