Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Surferboy567

I think it’ll help MAYBE with registration. If I already had the medals from last year 2020, I wouldn’t clamor for the same medal.
Fortunately I refunded last year, so I’m attempting to get in for the Half this year.

I only did the 5k last year so I'm signing up for the 2 course challenge for the after party mostly.

I did the 10K last year, which was Ursula. Right now, I plan on doing the 10K virtually. Really want to get an Oggie and Jack medal. I could possibly do more, just wish they had the cheaper option.

I plan on participating in the other race weekends virtually in some way as well. Want to see those themes.

Figment82

So working on a bit of a project tracking runDisney pricing. I have all the W/D races from 2013 on for pricing. So I am missing those first few years. If anyone has pricing for the Half and/or 5K in those first couple years that would be great!
Here’s what I could find:
2010 Half: $135
2010 Relay: $195
2010 5K: $99 (included MNSSHP ticket)

2011 Half: $145 (2/14/11-3/27/11), $155 (3/28/11-5/8/11), $165 (after 5/9/11)
2011 Relay: $250 (4/18/11-5/22/11), $265 (after 5/23/11)
2011 5K: $50 or $55 for stroller division

Rteetz

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 3.53.38 PM.png

So this is what I have for this weekend. Bolded pricing would be anniversary years.

Figment82

I think the Kids Races were $10 (Dashes) and $25 (1-Mile) for 2010-2012 - I see you tracked them as well. Not quite as bad of an increase, but still!

EDIT: It looks like for 2010 and 2011, they only had dashes (diaper dash, 100m, 200m, 300m, and 400m) - $10 for each.

Last edited:

Rteetz

I think the Kids Races were $10 (Dashes) and $25 (1-Mile) for 2010-2012 - I see you tracked them as well. Not quite as bad of an increase, but still!

EDIT: It looks like for the inaugural year (2010), they only had dashes (diaper dash, 100m, 200m, 300m, and 400m) - $10 for each.
Yeah that lines up with others. Trying to do this with every race.

surfsupdon

Didn’t the early years of WineDine also include a 1Day Park Ticket?? Am I thinking of another race weekend?? (Tower included park ticket plus a post race party)

Texas84

Didn’t the early years of WineDine also include a 1Day Park Ticket?? Am I thinking of another race weekend?? (Tower included park ticket plus a post race party)
Marathon weekend did. I only missed year one of W&D and never had a park ticket. So not sure about year one. Year one had free samples on the course which didn't end well for one of my friends.

I don't think Tower 10-miler had a park ticket. There was an earlier Tower version wasn't there? I didn't run that one.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Got Music booked this morning. Wanted PO but too expensive.
Thaaaat’s what I forgot to do today! Fortunately there’s still availability left, just booked Music as well for Nov 3-8. Trying to decide whether to drop Wednesday or not as I’m still debating on whether I want to do the 5k (definitely planning on the 2-course). The half was the only virtual I kept last year and it has the same villain as the 5k so I imagine the medals and such will be similar.

Last edited:

surfsupdon

I love the Villain theme. Glad we get it in-person now. But couldn’t they have used different villains?? There are so many!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom