Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Texas84

That's what I'm thinking. I may bring my 10K shirt and do a virtual around my resort. And then wear the medal to the park.
I like that idea!
maxresdefault.jpg

(decided not to post the offensive hand gesture)

Rose&Crown

Not too thrilled with the half theme.

But I’m confused maybe someone can help. If I do the virtual they’ll send me a $90 gift card for the half?

Figment82

Completely knew an inevitable cancellation was coming, but I still got a little emotional when the announcement was released. This race weekend has certainly seen its fair share of obstacles! 😂

I’m keeping the virtual option and running in my neighborhood, as I did for SW and the canceled January half. Gotta keep that legacy status, even if it’s not official. 😊 I’m not a Snow White/Snow Queen fan, but I knew that was most likely the theme and I’m fine with the choice. Would have loved Yzma/Kronk though!

We canceled our DVC res, but we’re local and can go anytime, so I know that doesn’t really help those of you who are out of state.

Not looking good for Space Coast. I think I’ll be running two virtual half marathons in November!

surfsupdon

I have been training really well for the weekend, so I believe I am leaning towards the virtual option as well. I want some closure from all these miles haha!!
I am going to hold onto my room reservation and hope to get there. I’d enjoy a virtual run around Crescent Lake very early.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Not too thrilled with the half theme.

But I’m confused maybe someone can help. If I do the virtual they’ll send me a $90 gift card for the half?

They will refund a portion of the race registration fee. I would assume to the credit card you used to pay it.

RunningKoen

Says the woman who's PERFECT for DLP. 😁

Im aswell Perfect for DLP but I've never had a decent training cycle for my full or half marathons ;-) I've never do these distances in regular races.

I have been training really well for the weekend, so I believe I am leaning towards the virtual option as well. I want some closure from all these miles haha!!
I am going to hold onto my room reservation and hope to get there. I’d enjoy a virtual run around Crescent Lake very early.

Sounds like fun! Create an alternative run weekend. Waking up early and make the miles at property. I remember the cancelled half in 2017 :)

I dislike the medals. Logo's and shirt are decent, but overall the villain theme feels like a miss to me.

Well, Wine and Dine 2021, here I come :)

LAKid53

Premium Member

I'll be running a 10k around Fort Wilderness.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Im aswell Perfect for DLP but I've never had a decent training cycle for my full or half marathons ;-) I've never do these distances in regular races.

Sounds like fun! Create an alternative run weekend. Waking up early and make the miles at property. I remember the cancelled half in 2017 :)

I dislike the medals. Logo's and shirt are decent, but overall the villain theme feels like a miss to me.

Well, Wine and Dine 2021, here I come :)

You never really train for any of the races...you're just fit. 😉

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
@LAKid53 @surfsupdon @Texas84
Y’all count me in! I think I may trim a day off the end(s) of my trip (currently Nov 5-10), but need to visit some clients anyway, so might as well go at least for a long weekend!

I think I may let them do a full refund and see if I can register just for the 13.1 separately. Even with the refund cards the $300+ left over is a lot for the 5k and Challenges when I’m not really stoked for any of the medal designs (borderline like the 13.1) and don’t see myself putting any of the t-shirts in my rotation over last year’s W&D half and challenge shirts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom