Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Rose&Crown

Same here in central Florida. On Sunday, by the time I was able to finally get out the door for a quick 3-miler (only 8:30 or so), the “feels like” was already in the low 90s. Tried to run last night, and that crazy storm that caused the power outage at Disney Springs rolled through. Training in the summer sucks, lol!
It’s so impossible to train in the afternoon in this state. I try to do 3 miles as well a couple times a week and am always being rained out or it’s brutally hot.

surfsupdon

Do we yet know dates for 2020 Wine&Dine? And 2021 Marathon Weekend?

Would marathon weekend 2021 be Disney World’s 50th celebration or would marathon weekend 2022 be during the 50th?

Thanks fit friends.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Do we yet know dates for 2020 Wine&Dine? And 2021 Marathon Weekend?

Would marathon weekend 2021 be Disney World’s 50th celebration or would marathon weekend 2022 be during the 50th?

Thanks fit friends.

I'm guessing the 1st weekend in November for W&D.

Celebrations for DLR's 60th in July started in May of that year. I'd think 2022 Marathon would be included in the 50th, not 2021, which would be 10 months before.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Get them before they are gone....

IMG_20190905_154529.jpg
IMG_20190905_154519.jpg

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Hey folks, I’ve posted a couple of times in the running forums, but haven’t formally introduced myself. I’m David from SC and was reintroduced to Disney World through an (ex) gf in 2016 (hadn’t been since 1990’s) and started running this March after about 5 years off (not 5 years from racing but from running period!). I started my Disney racing after 2-3 local races in March and signed up for the Kessel Run/Rival Run Challenge about a week before the races in April (apparently the second to last bib when I signed in at the expo) and have become more into races from there (will have completed my first 7 half marathons all this year by the end of November). I have been doing solo trips since 2017 (starting with a few in conjunction with work trips, now moreso with races or AP previews).

Long story short, I don’t know if people from these boards try to meet up, but if so, would love to join and please message me, I’ll be down Nov 1-5 and doing the 10k and half (and at 6’9” will probably be the tallest runner in the later corrals!).

Cheers!

Figment82

Ew, the end of the course is gross. Makes it really hard for spectators to watch towards the end, unless they’ll allow them to line up along Woodpecker Lane? I too will miss running past SSE at the end - that whole Future World stretch really gives me that extra “oomph” to finish. I totally get it - there’s hardly room for the day guests to get through, but still a bummer.

surfsupdon

I am glad the course still enters the studios and we run down Sunset....I was worried we would miss out on that.

So the course is missing a little HS (Hollywood Blvd) and Epcot (FW), but looks longer in AK (if I remember correctly, I don't think Asia was included last year).

Wild to think that the photo ops of Hollywood Blvd and the Chinese Theater along with SSE and Future World will not be available this year. Running down Hollywood I always get the very BEST photos!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom