Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

RunningKoen

Cant complain about my job at all. We have showers, kitchen, gym and trackfield nearby. I sometimes run with co-workers and al student on monday morning. We have free entry to some races and we will do a survival run next month with mixxed team of teachers and students.

But yeah, skipping class is definitely less acceptable as teacher.

Texas84

wd19.png

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I'm still not able to train/run. does anyone know if the vacation insurance through Disney would cover my race entry if I'm unable to run?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm still not able to train/run. does anyone know if the vacation insurance through Disney would cover my race entry if I'm unable to run?

Here's the link to what the plan covers. It doesn't appear to.

I'd call runDisney and see if they still allow you to use the fee paid for a future race.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Here's the link to what the plan covers. It doesn't appear to.

I'd call runDisney and see if they still allow you to use the fee paid for a future race.

thanks for the info - i'm not going to worry about it quite yet - just wondering

LAKid53

Premium Member
thanks for the info - i'm not going to worry about it quite yet - just wondering

Hopefully you'll get better in time and your doctor will allow you to start training again in a month or so. My official training starts in August. Be a bummer if you missed that weekend. ☹️

LAKid53

Premium Member
So, with all the construction now at Epcot, wondering how this will affect this year's courses. Could it force runDisney to move the W&D 5k back to DAK? 🤞

I can't see the 10K course remaining the same.

Rose&Crown

So, with all the construction now at Epcot, wondering how this will affect this year's courses. Could it force runDisney to move the W&D 5k back to DAK? 🤞

I can't see the 10K course remaining the same.
Been wondering this since the Epcot news was announced. I hope it doesn’t make the half course go from Epcot to MK and back that route is so boring.

My hope is since the EMH at Hollywood studios end the day before the half that means it’ll be the course with every park.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Been wondering this since the Epcot news was announced. I hope it doesn’t make the half course go from Epcot to MK and back that route is so boring.

My hope is since the EMH at Hollywood studios end the day before the half that means it’ll be the course with every park.

The problem with that is runners will still be in DHS when it opens.

Could we see more WWoS added to the courses? Would they move starting and finishing areas to there during the construction at Epcot?

Texas84

The problem with that is runners will still be in DHS when it opens.

Could we see more WWoS added to the courses? Would they move starting and finishing areas to there during the construction at Epcot?
WWoS is a possibility. But Epcot shouldn't be too bad in November. The new tram lanes and front entrance should be done. That's an assumption, I have no info on that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom