Disney, VR/AR, and Apple's WWDC 2023

EricsBiscuit

Meetings on 6G are already in place. This is entirely on that route. Eventually, you will be able to do everything with holograms and such. 2030’s. 6G is many times more powerful than 5G and will enable stuff like this to advance a lot.

TheMaxRebo

The “point” is rather simple.

A smart watch is an all encompassing device. The health benefits of an Apple Watch are worth it alone IMO. From workout tracking, heart rate, ekg, fall detection, etc. if you’re not an active person I can see why it may not be appealing to you. That said outside of health smart watches of course can store/play music to your Bluetooth devices without needing a phone nearby, you can answer calls and texts without a phone as well. Sleep tracking is big. Keeping it Disney with Apple Watch you can use it like a magicband and have you park ticket loaded on it with magicmobile.
Yeah, I am not active and always have my phone with me and don't wear a regular watch, so really doesn't appeal

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Meetings on 6G are already in place. This is entirely on that route. Eventually, you will be able to do everything with holograms and such. 2030’s. 6G is many times more powerful than 5G and will enable stuff like this to advance a lot.

"more powerful" Sorry to say that most of this stuff is still a marketing spiel. If it were described in terms of more cost-effective higher bandwidth I might manage a grimace. Just like millimeter wave 5G was supposed to be so wonderful, but turned out to be so cost-prohibitive to deploy that it only works on certain blocks in a few larger cities.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
The “point” is rather simple.

A smart watch is an all encompassing device. The health benefits of an Apple Watch are worth it alone IMO. From workout tracking, heart rate, ekg, fall detection, etc. if you’re not an active person I can see why it may not be appealing to you. That said outside of health smart watches of course can store/play music to your Bluetooth devices without needing a phone nearby, you can answer calls and texts without a phone as well. Sleep tracking is big. Keeping it Disney with Apple Watch you can use it like a magicband and have you park ticket loaded on it with magicmobile.
That has sort have been Apple's strong suit is developing highly functional quality products, which meet or exceed user expectations, even if it is at a higher price point.

iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, AirPod, iPod, Mac all accomplish this.

This product does not. It falls into the Apple TV and HomePod Category.

Notes from Neverland

There's a lot of naysayers speaking in absolutes in this thread. "No one wants it." How can you possibly know that? It's pretty silly to watch some completely dismiss new tech that - like it or not - can be improved upon and will evolve. This is an introduction of something new that already has a strong foundation (Microsoft Suite integration, Disney). I'm excited to see whatever comes next after this has been around a bit.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Well done to Bob Iger being the face of this form the content side. Great to see him in the key note. Very good move in my opinion.
Interestingly right at the time AAPL announced this, it sunk to it's low, but this popped DIS to it's high for the day.
1685997591189.png

Rteetz

That has sort have been Apple's strong suit is developing highly functional quality products, which meet or exceed user expectations, even if it is at a higher price point.

iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, AirPod, iPod, Mac all accomplish this.

This product does not. It falls into the Apple TV and HomePod Category.
Apple TV has been successful tho and continues to be improved upon and updated. We just don't know what this will end up being yet. I am very much taking the wait and see approach on this product.

Trauma

Apple TV has been successful tho and continues to be improved upon and updated. We just don't know what this will end up being yet. I am very much taking the wait and see approach on this product.
Do you know how much this thing weighs ?

How long can a person realisticly wear it before becoming uncomfortable?

Those are things I would like to know.

TheMaxRebo

There's a lot of naysayers speaking in absolutes in this thread. "No one wants it." How can you possibly know that? It's pretty silly to watch some completely dismiss new tech that - like it or not - can be improved upon and will evolve. This is an introduction of something new that already has a strong foundation (Microsoft Suite integration, Disney). I'm excited to see whatever comes next after this has been around a bit.

Not sure about others but I have only spoke for myself. If other like it, good for them, and maybe over time this will develop into something more for the masses and does become something big

For me this does nothing and zero interest beyond a quick gimmick. But definitely people a lot smarter than me and with a lot more money than me involved so maybe it will become something huge

TheMaxRebo

Do you know how much this thing weighs ?

How long can a person realisticly wear it before becoming uncomfortable?

Those are things I would like to know.
I didn't see any specifics on weight - only thing mentioned was that it uses an external battery connected by a wire and chose that vs an integrated batter due to weight/make the headset itself lighter

Rteetz

So I watched the end again.

Says it starts at $3499

I assume that means this is some base model and there will be more expensive versions?
Much like an iPhone, iPad or Mac or any computer for that matter.

I would expect before long that a "budget" version will enter the market as well.

TheMaxRebo

So I watched the end again.

Says it starts at $3499

I assume that means this is some base model and there will be more expensive versions?

This is already positioned as the "Pro" version so not sure about more expensive complete models - probably more that you can upgrade elements of it (battery, etc) - but they didn't get into specifics

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom