Disney Visa points question

drp4video

Is there a maximum number of points (dollars) you can transfer to your rewards card?

Years ago when I got the card, it was $750. I don't see anything about that in the current information about the rewards card. I am planning a trip in September and currently have $741 and will use the rewards for my hotel or tickets. Not sure if I should redeem them now, or wait to accumulate more with July and August's charges.

Also, if there is a limit of $750 on a card, can you then have two cards in case you have more than $750? Thanks.

DizneyPryncess

You can have a maximum of 2 cards at a time, just make sure neither of them expires with points still on it because you lose them.

As far as I know, there is no maximum amount of points you can accumulate. I just know there is a minimum of 10 to transfer to a rewards card. I have never tried to transfer as many as 750, but I've trasferred points many times & have never seen a rule about a maximum. If you do get a notice that you've hit a maximum, you definitely do have the option of getting a 2nd rewards card.

Upvote 0

sbkline

I don't recall ever seeing anything about a maximum amount of points you can have...just that each month's worth of points expires after so many years. I currently have around 440 points and I hope to have around 1,000 for our April 2013 trip, to use for all our dining (or as much as 1,000 dollars will buy).

The question I will add is, can you get points by using those checks? We're sending our son to a private school and they don't take credit cards. But we just got three checks in the mail the other day and, if this school takes credit card checks, I thought I might try to pay with those in hopes that I can get the points off of the tuition. I didn't know if it would work that way or not. It's a Christian school through a church, so they may not be willing to take those anyway, but I thought I might at least ask. All they can do is say no...and then think that I'm a sinner for having a credit card. :lookaroun:lol:

Upvote 0

Jedi Wizard

Once you have one card, you can reload it with your new points.

So my suggestion is get a rewards card now (don't wait until the last min because they take a couple weeks to ship) and then reload it with all your points that you have obtained right before your trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom