News Disney Villains After Hours coming to the Magic Kingdom

HoldenC

A friend of mine said that Space Mountain in the dark was a completely "one of a kind experience" and I just have to laugh. It is amazing how intelligence flies out the window when you're given something for free. Anyway, from what I've seen there isn't anything that would really draw me to this event. I am a huge villain fan so I AM the market they want. But there is nothing there. A stage show? Big whoop. Why am I so moody this morning? Lol.

JusticeDisney

A friend of mine said that Space Mountain in the dark was a completely "one of a kind experience" and I just have to laugh. It is amazing how intelligence flies out the window when you're given something for free. Anyway, from what I've seen there isn't anything that would really draw me to this event. I am a huge villain fan so I AM the market they want. But there is nothing there. A stage show? Big whoop. Why am I so moody this morning? Lol.
Like I said before, if you’re going to this strictly because of the Villains theme, you might be missing the point. I’m going because it gives me an opportunity to ride everything with no waiting. I couldn’t care less if they themed the event about office furniture.

LuvWDW2

Like I said before, if you’re going to this strictly because of the Villains theme, you might be missing the point. I’m going because it gives me an opportunity to ride everything with no waiting. I couldn’t care less if they themed the event about office furniture.

Ditto. We went strictly for rides and weren’t disappointed. Of course I would have preferred the regular unthemed but vacation dates didn’t work for those. It was villainy enough for this blasé villain fan.

eliza61nyc

I guess I’m in the minority, but I just don’t get this entire concept.

Who wants to glorify the bad guys?

On top of that, the execution seems sloppy at best.
I adore Disney villians.. they are much more fun and developed characters than the good guys. Come on Ursala makes the little mermaid, same with Hades in Hercules. Jafar is right up there with Genie and my all time villain...
yzma.gif

jt04

Ditto. We went strictly for rides and weren’t disappointed. Of course I would have preferred the regular unthemed but vacation dates didn’t work for those. It was villainy enough for this blasé villain fan.

Yes, I think I would rather have the free snacks over entertainment.

That said, some of the stage acts were amazing. Disney should find a venue to present them on a regular basis. Amazing. Perhaps the Luau. Or new castle show.

Jon81uk

This seems like a much cheaper version of mnsshp but at the same ticket price.

There is none of the parades or characters meets that you get at the parties. This is just a chance to ride the rides with a shorter wait and a vague villains theme. If you think Express Pass at Universal is a good thing, then these After Dark evens are aimed at the same people who want shorter waits.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here is our video of Villains Unite the Night

Way too much dialogue. The cast couldn't keep up with all that lip syncing -- and very obviously so. It also made it a bit plodding at times. Need to edit out at least 5 minutes. Or, add some songs, which are much easier to lip sync to. It seems to want to be like a Festival of the Lion King, minus all the good music.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom