News Disney Villains After Hours coming to the Magic Kingdom

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Since the Villains special event was such an amazing success at DHS it is really surprising they did not do this sooner. And it would also be surprising if they have announced all the details.

Supply meets demand.

How are those sellouts of the Standard DAH at the MK? The only reason why this more expensive reboot of the DAH is happening is because the original DAH was not cutting it.

jt04

How are those sellouts of the Standard DAH at the MK? The only reason why this more expensive reboot of the DAH is happening is because the original DAH was not cutting it.

Pretty sure Steve has posted some of the MK events sold out. Although this may be a reboot to boost numbers. It could work well.

We can say without a doubt DAH will work at DHS once they are able to offer it.

Not sure how DAK is doing but I know they have had sellouts. And with all the people showing up later this year they will sell a ton of last minute tickets for those who have experienced their time in GE and want a less crowded experience. IMO.

monothingie

Premium Member
Pretty sure Steve has posted some of the MK events sold out. Although this may be a reboot to boost numbers. It could work well.

We can say without a doubt DAH will work at DHS once they are able to offer it.

Not sure how DAK is doing but I know they have had sellouts. And with all the people showing up later this year they will sell a ton of last minute tickets for those who have experienced their time in GE and want a less crowded experience. IMO.
3 DAK sellouts and 1 DHS sellout. No MK

The Visionary Soul

They won’t be closing any earlier than last year which also had after hours events. Magic kingdoms summer hours are 10 pm close with the occasional 11 pm close thrown in.
They should be closing around 1am every night in the summer, with 3am closings on EMH nights. But Chapek refuses to operate the park any later than necessary to do a fireworks show, with the reasoning that after dinner and fireworks, the park won’t make enough money to sustain operating at an acceptable profit level.

jt04

3 DAK sellouts and 1 DHS sellout. No MK

Thanks for the info. This new offering may change things at the MK. If the previous event at DHS is an indicator.

Hopefully they will be able to offer DAH once GE opens at DHS. I would be first in line. Definitely sells out with each offering.

DAK gets the sellouts from the sheer number of people on property. Enough will be looking for an evening event besides Disney Springs.

I don't see how it fails. IMO of course.

monothingie

Premium Member
Thanks for the info. This new offering may change things at the MK. If the previous event at DHS is an indicator.

Hopefully they will be able to offer DAH once GE opens at DHS. I would be first in line. Definitely sells out with each offering.

DAK gets the sellouts from the sheer number of people on property. Enough will be looking for an evening event besides Disney Springs.

I don't see how it fails. IMO of course.
I think the sellouts depend on the quantity per park. DAK since it has the fewest rides probably has the least available tickets.

jt04

They should be closing around 1am every night in the summer, with 3am closings on EMH nights. But Chapek refuses to operate the park any later than necessary to do a fireworks show, with the reasoning that after dinner and fireworks, the park won’t make enough money to sustain operating at an acceptable profit level.

IMO you have to factor in a tighter labor market and security concerns that didn't exist in the past. Including those caused by increased sales of alcohol.

wdwgreek

This sounds cool, but why no meet and greets seems to miss the boat with how folks actually want to interact with their favorite villains.

Kman101

And he's wrong about that ... lol

The Visionary Soul

IMO you have to factor in a tighter labor market and security concerns that didn't exist in the past. Including those caused by increased sales of alcohol.
Well, the labor market isn’t what I’d call “tight” in Orlando. If anything, it’s bigger than it ever has been before. The problem is more of a pay issue and the push for backstage (and in some cases onstage) automation coming. The security concerns are not really a concern, especially not because of alcohol sales in the Magic Kingdom. You basically need to order a sit-down meal to order a beer. That’s not getting anyone overly drunk enough to cause a security concern any more than if someone pre-gamed before coming to the park.

jt04

And he's wrong about that ... lol

Not if the stress on the labor force causes overtime to increase along with maintenance costs. You need many more third shifters to accomplish what needs to be done once the park closes to get ready for the next expeditiously.

jt04

Well, the labor market isn’t what I’d call “tight” in Orlando. If anything, it’s bigger than it ever has been before. The problem is more of a pay issue and the push for backstage (and in some cases onstage) automation coming. The security concerns are not really a concern, especially not because of alcohol sales in the Magic Kingdom. You basically need to order a sit-down meal to order a beer. That’s not getting anyone overly drunk enough to cause a security concern any more than if someone pre-gamed before coming to the park.

I find it hard to believe that if staying open until 2 or 3 AM was profitable and possible logistically they wouldn't still do so.

SoupBone

I have a friend who works for the parks in one of the office buildings (so not a bus driver) who was home for our 20th reunion last week and he said something along the lines of:

Give it 10 years... when a one day ticket is about to breach $200 a day for a “normal” day, the A-E ticket concept will be back. There will be one all inclusive ticket like today for the $200 price point. And then to appeal to the “middle class” there will be a park admission for around $100 and you pay by the attraction after that. All the MDX touch points will charge your magic bands the price of the ride.

He didn’t have proof for this, but said it’s the only logical step after date based tickets.

Mind blown. Because not only would that make business sense to Disney, someone thought of this plan long ago. This is a very long term plan.

And Disney can "bring you back to an era lost to time!" with "ticket" rides. They could even bring back the paper version and people would pay for the nostalgia, not realizing what actually happened.

tirian

If the park is open from 9am to 10pm, even 11pm, that's a sufficent whole day. Anything more is just fans being self-centered. Unless I'm mistaken Disney doesn't not specify what a full day is. So they could be open from 8am to 5pm 365 days a year and charge $200. You're still getting a full 8 hour day 🤷‍♂️

And again, nobody cares what they did in 1990 or 1980 or 1971 or even 2005. Those days are dead and gone. Accept what they have now for deal with. They dont care about what you want. Why should you?

I care because the tickets cost more than ever before, compounded by my poor experience when cast scheduling and ride ops are “optimized” to keep guests in artificially long queues instead of full capacity, and with outrageous dining and merch prices driven by greedy execs.

A bottle of Coke should not cost $4.50. A single banana should not cost $2.50. This is not a stadium or movie theater where I’m in and out in a matter of hours; it’s a vacation resort where I stay for a week — usually on the monorail line.

Do you travel anywhere else? Have you been able to personally compare a Disney “Deluxe” resort to a legit Ritz or Loews? Do you realize how wildly expensive the parks have become over the last two years, and how obnoxious the upsell events and lower service standards are?

Attendance numbers continue to rise, but in 2018, the most commonly cited guest survey words included “overwhelming” and “overpriced.” In the past, the surveys typically indicated guests found WDW to be slightly expensive, but a good value for the cost. It’s hard to argue for that when two parks have fewer attractions today than in the 1980s. There was significantly more live entertainment back then too.

Fans aren’t self-centered to expect Disney to match its service standards that existed for decades. Without those standards, the parks wouldn’t have enjoyed their success, and nobody would be on these boards talking to anyone.

But you did get one thing right: they don’t care about our opinions. They’re a massive conglomerate, not Uncle Walt’s little production studio. Nobody needs to feel compelled to defend their greedy business practices.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If the park is open from 9am to 10pm, even 11pm, that's a sufficent whole day. Anything more is just fans being self-centered. Unless I'm mistaken Disney doesn't not specify what a full day is. So they could be open from 8am to 5pm 365 days a year and charge $200. You're still getting a full 8 hour day 🤷‍♂️

And again, nobody cares what they did in 1990 or 1980 or 1971 or even 2005. Those days are dead and gone. Accept what they have now for deal with. They dont care about what you want. Why should you?
For posterity.

I am Timmy

I am a huge Disney villain fan, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot offered for the price. When I saw the title of the thread, I was hoping it was another event like the Villain's Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella's Castle (2014). Except not with a halloween party this time. The interactions during that event were top notch, and it was in the castle. Not sure why they don't do that again - now that's an upcharge people will pay for. Anything in the castle.

seascape

I would like Disney to increase their Halloween offerings. MNSSHP is very enjoyable but it would be nice if they offered a Villains Not Too Scary Halloween Party and a Scary Party like Halloween Horror Nights. Currently I go to MNSSHP every 3 years but would do one of these every year on a rotating basis. WDW has AK and HS they could use for these parties. Besides with all the new hotel rooms Disney, Universal and everyone else keep building, more capacity is needed for these Halloween events.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom