Disney veterans..what still makes you feel like a kid again when you go???

joeytomatoes

Original Poster
Joeytomatoes here again...after discussing a few of my grumblings in last post id like to hear from the Disney veterans (started going as a child and still going back as an adult) as to what still fascinates you or still takes your breath away like you were a kid again even though you may have been there before or seen it a dozen times???
1- for me and my wife it starts when we get out of car (after paying $14.00 bucks arrrr)and even though I am near 50 now I still try to hurry and run to get on tram to get in park as quick as I can.
2-when you walk into Magic Kingdom and make your way out of train station and look down main street. After seeing this dozens of times over the last 40 years or so it still takes my breath away
3-The thrill of getting close to getting on space mountain.. brings back memories of going with my mom and dad and sister when it first opened and being scared as hell..
$- just the memories as I walk around the park (magic kingdom was only park when I went with my parents) and remembering that I was there or on same ride or in same booth or table with my folks many years ago....priceless memories no matter how many times I go back

jonesenon4

my first trip was in 1975,then a long break for military service.but since 1985 my family and i have made at least one trip a year and it never seems to get old.just being there the sights,sounds and smells of memories past,present and future gives me that happy carefree feeling of a child.the total freedom and escape from the real world and into a world of fantasy and play thats what makes me feel like a child at disney.our next trip is in may this year for my dd's graduation from college and ds's birthday.counting down the days:joyfull:

mergatroid

Getting on the monorail at he TTC always takes me back to my childhood. That point where you're excited because you're kind of there already, but aren't quite there yet really if that makes sense? Also the audio in the momorail brings back memories, listening to it and anticipating the day ahead.

Also the MK at night. We're both in our 40's now and tend to go to the parks for opening times, along with being AP holders (we've been many times) this means we're usually done in the parks before night time . Because of this we've not spent that much time in the MK after dark in the last 10 years, when we have we've arrived in the evening specifically for the fireworks and parade. This adds a bit of extra excitement and really brings back memories of long summer nights as a kid in the MK. The park has a completely different feel to it at night, especially Tomorrowland. We had such a fantastic time staying till 1am in October last year, that Mrs M has begged we do it again one night when we visit later this year and I've agreed. Feels like a kid being allowed to stay up late all over again.

Ben_since_1971

- Walking out from under the train station
- Seeing how 'scary' HM is compared to little 6 yo me in 1972 (when all I remember is my father's knee!)
- Seeing Cleopatra wink at me in Small World - to a very impressionable 6 yo me, a woman winking at me, no matter how artificial, was a BIIIIG Deal. Come to think of it, if a woman, artificial or not, winked at 47 yo me, it would still be a BIIIIIG Deal.
- Seeing Tomorrowland Speedway. I remember riding that with my sister.
- Walking past Pooh and missing Toad and 20K Leagues across the way.
- Country Bears (especially Big Al)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Fireworks.

Riding the Monorail (wish I could go up front again...)

Riding the ferry boat from TTC to MK.

Sitting on the curb on Main Street and watching a parade pass by while munching popcorn.

Riding the train at MK.

Seeing Spaceship Earth.

Seeing the Contemporary.

Riding the MCO automated train

Watching Cosmic Ray perform

Riding the Teacups

The HAUNTED MANSION!

Surge38

Disney ALWAYS makes me feel like a kid again, it's part of the whole experience...

however, if I had to pick ONE thing, its seeing the reaction on the face of my daughters.

and on this next trip, it will be my littlest one's first time. She's 2...just as old as her bigger sister was LAST time we went. So I get to relive the first time ALL over again.

God I love this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom