Disney Vacation Club president leaves company

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Trolling or not, i'm speaking the truth. The only people who dvc works for is the extremely rich who don't care they are being ripped off. Ive worked the numbers out many times.

Oh, well, if you've worked the numbers then......:rolleyes:

nytimez

Trolling or not, i'm speaking the truth. The only people who dvc works for is the extremely rich who don't care they are being ripped off. Ive worked the numbers out many times.

I pretty much never post here. But had to add that this is literally the dumbest thing I've ever read on WDW Magic -- which is stunning since this is generally one of the most intelligent WDW fan communities on the Web.

DougK

I pretty much never post here. But had to add that this is literally the dumbest thing I've ever read on WDW Magic -- which is stunning since this is generally one of the most intelligent WDW fan communities on the Web.

Agreed, DVC may not work for everyone but to say it is definitively a rip-off across the board is just unfair. DVC works well for many thousands of people and saves them money.

I have to say between this DVC comment and the person trying to pay Steve to ban someone from the site this has to be the weirdest thread ever. But interesting reading for sure!

sweetpee_1993

What happens to those of us who already own points in Aulani? Is that purchase still good? :lookaroun

I'd say right about now the value of what you "own" just went waaaaaay up! Supply & demand and all. Right? Consider yourself blessed with the way resales of any sort of real estate have been. :D

Just tryin' to be the glass-half-full person. :wave:

The "rich" label is a relative thing, really. Several years ago we lived way out in the country and were rather shocked when our children came home from school informing us that we were labeled "rich". Of course we are NOT and far from it. However, the hubby did a quick search online and at that time the average annual income for that area was at about $18,900. Well, okay, comparatively I guess we were "rich". You don't have to buy DVC to be rich or be rich to buy DVC. You just need to live where the average annual income is a bit below yours to earn that label. :lol:

Oh, well, if you've worked the numbers then......:rolleyes:

See above. It's all in perspective. :D:animwink:

Agreed, DVC may not work for everyone but to say it is definitively a rip-off across the board is just unfair. DVC works well for many thousands of people and saves them money.

I have to say between this DVC comment and the person trying to pay Steve to ban someone from the site this has to be the weirdest thread ever. But interesting reading for sure!

Agreed. Doesn't work for me but very happy for those who do enjoy it. Totally agree on the overall thread experience. This has been colorful to say the very least. Glad I tripped over it. News & Rumors isn't usually where I go to read. LOL!

Captain Chaos

Ahhh who said education is lost on our young???

I am not super rich, not insanely rich, not kind of rich, not rich at all and the DVC is far from a rip off for me... in fact, when I, you know, crunch the numbers, the money I have paid for my resort stays before I bought into the DVC actually has been MORE than I am paying for my DVC in total...

While everyone is entitled to an opinion, make sure your opinion makes sense first... This is where your "opinion" fails... try again.

aka_emilicious

The "rich" label is a relative thing, really. Several years ago we lived way out in the country and were rather shocked when our children came home from school informing us that we were labeled "rich". Of course we are NOT and far from it. However, the hubby did a quick search online and at that time the average annual income for that area was at about $18,900. Well, okay, comparatively I guess we were "rich". You don't have to buy DVC to be rich or be rich to buy DVC. You just need to live where the average annual income is a bit below yours to earn that label. :lol:

That happened to me in high school as well! We moved from the suburbs to the country and were suddenly labeled "rich"!

PirateFrank

Don't feed the troll peeps. Especially one that is spewing from the wrong side of its gastrointestinal track.

Gregoryp73

Ahhh who said education is lost on our young???

I am not super rich, not insanely rich, not kind of rich, not rich at all and the DVC is far from a rip off for me... in fact, when I, you know, crunch the numbers, the money I have paid for my resort stays before I bought into the DVC actually has been MORE than I am paying for my DVC in total...

While everyone is entitled to an opinion, make sure your opinion makes sense first... This is where your "opinion" fails... try again.

I agree with this...we typically have spent 5000.00 or more anytime we've gone to Disney (between park tickets and staying at the moderate resorts for 7-9 days). And if you take 3 years to save up for that, you are talking 1650.00 a year. Which isn't chump change, but it's within the typical range for family vacations.

Our membership now affords us vacations every 3 years roughly half of what it cost (including yearly dvc maint fees)...we don't eat in the parks as much anymore saving us more, we get the perks of being a member, and the rooms have much more to offer than your typical room. We broke even on our initial cost after about 3 trips.

DVC is for people who travel consistently....if you only go somewhere every 5 years then it may not pay out. Yes if you are socking away money to take vacations ever year then you probably are not on foodstamps...but our house isn't a McMansion, we don't drive a pair of luxury cars...we live comfortably. It's just that traveling and seeing new locations are very important to us. It's part of that whole experience of existence...which I think Walt had a great grasp on.

I don't think it's a debate on whether DVC is "worth" what you pay...it's going to equal out to about the same if you travel only so much. It's all about how do you use your time.

Captain Chaos

I agree with this...we typically have spent 5000.00 or more anytime we've gone to Disney (between park tickets and staying at the moderate resorts for 7-9 days). And if you take 3 years to save up for that, you are talking 1650.00 a year. Which isn't chump change, but it's within the typical range for family vacations.

Our membership now affords us vacations every 3 years roughly half of what it cost (including yearly dvc maint fees)...we don't eat in the parks as much anymore saving us more, we get the perks of being a member, and the rooms have much more to offer than your typical room. We broke even on our initial cost after about 3 trips.

DVC is for people who travel consistently....if you only go somewhere every 5 years then it may not pay out. Yes if you are socking away money to take vacations ever year then you probably are not on foodstamps...but our house isn't a McMansion, we don't drive a pair of luxury cars...we live comfortably. It's just that traveling and seeing new locations are very important to us. It's part of that whole experience of existence...which I think Walt had a great grasp on.

I don't think it's a debate on whether DVC is "worth" what you pay...it's going to equal out to about the same if you travel only so much. It's all about how do you use your time.

I visit yearly... DVC is totally worth it for me... I didn't buy into it without "crunching the numbers..." The numbers were crunched and crunched again... Believe me, it was not a purchase I was making lightly, after being suckered into it...

As for being happy with the service, I am very content... I have no complaints what so ever... I'd be interested to know if there was more to the story with Lewis getting canned... I mean, other failures are promoted in the parks and resorts divison... He must have royally screwed up more than other TDO managers, or succeeded beyond comprehension... :lol:

Computer Magic

I'll come back in 50 years and see how people feel about DVC and what it has done to the parks.

For now I'll stick to the topic of someone out of a career. He is from my area and sad to see him fail. He has climbed such a steep ladder to get where he was. No one wins, him, family, guests, or Disney.

puntagordabob

Attention: The area ahead is filled with "FUZZY MATH"........Backinaction is a professor of the School of "Fuzzy Math" and therefore all should accept his Fuzzyness in all things dealing with numbers.

Mouse Detective

Attention: The area ahead is filled with "FUZZY MATH"........Backinaction is a professor of the School of "Fuzzy Math" and therefore all should accept his Fuzzyness in all things dealing with numbers.

Well I'm interested in the math. For those of you who own a DVC unit, could you please tell me what you pay each year for your maintenance fee and property taxes? Also, when you actually use a unit, is there another fee like a maid fee? I realize each resort may vary but just wondering in general.

NewfieFan

I was going to say the same thing!

Go get your red pen ready. :lookaroun:animwink:

Ok, that's funny! :lol:

Well I'm interested in the math. For those of you who own a DVC unit, could you please tell me what you pay each year for your maintenance fee and property taxes? Also, when you actually use a unit, is there another fee like a maid fee? I realize each resort may vary but just wondering in general.

The dues are different for every resort, they're based on the individual operating costs. BLT actually has lower dues b/c it shares a lot of it's services with the Contemporary. But AK has higher dues because of the animals and the savannahs, for example!
There is no maid fee b/c there's no maid! You get a room/towel refresh on day 4, I believe, and the room is cleaned on day 7 or 8 (I can't remember now). If you want clean towels before that or want the room cleaned by mousekeeping then you would have to pay for these services.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom