News Disney Vacation Club announces plans for more than 350 new cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort

pdude81

It just seems like they want DVC to pay for this area to be redone. It'll likely be an Aulani type situation where half the points go unsold for a decade or more, but there is adequate cash demand to drive occupancy rates regardless.

And without seeing any plans, expect a new and more interesting pool complex without allowing hopping from the drive up sites.

correcaminos

I'm asking this sincerely... what is particularly "deluxe" about a 1 bedroom villa at Copper Creek? I don't understand why people are all hung up on this idea that these are free-standing structures as opposed to being all stuck together in larger buildings.

Just say you've never been there. They're nothing like "glorified RVs," even the old, pre-upgraded units. They're much more like large freestanding hotel rooms than they are RVs.

Is this even "development" in the sense of things the district would get involved in? Feels like they're using existing acreage for the same purpose that it's currently being used for, they're just going to brand and market the inventory differently.
The fact that CCV is attached to a resort with mutliple food options, great pools, not a 1-1.5 mile plus walk to the boat dock to get to MK. Bus service that isn't super complicated (even SSR and OKW is so much easier to navigate) oh and lack of camping facilities. Less bugs and wildlife. The cabins are glamping, not resort stays. Why you keep doing this is baffling to me.

I have stayed at both. I love visiting both when not staying but it's extremely plain the differences between WL and Ft Wilderness. One is a campground with nice facilities for a camp ground. The other is a resort.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
the overall resort itself. Not every DVC has everyone in a single large building but those resorts feel like deluxe resorts, not a Disney KOA campground. I think it is a nice place don’t get me wrong, just surprised they are putting dvc there as it just doesn’t have that same deluxe vibe as others. Just my opinion.
Interesting. I spend a lot of time at both KOA campgrounds and Disney resorts, and it never occurred to me that Fort Wilderness feels more like the former.

seanjclarke

Sure this must’ve been an idea for a while, but to me this screams of a PR distraction to get people to forget about the transient occupancy tax being added to the Disneyland hotel dvc stays. For days that’s all I saw dvc people talking about, and this announcement sure has shut up that conversation. Or maybe this was the announcement timing plan all along…knowing that the tax wouldn’t be well received.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Disney’s Fort Wilderness is definitely better than a KOA, but it’s closer to that than an SSR or OKW which even spread out looks and feels more like a deluxe resort
Maybe I've been very lucky in my cabin stays, or very unlucky in my DVC stays, but my DVC rooms are always beat to hell (especially the kitchens) while my cabin stays have always been wonderful.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Sure this must’ve been an idea for a while, but to me this screams of a PR distraction to get people to forget about the transient occupancy tax being added to the Disneyland hotel dvc stays. For days that’s all I saw dvc people talking about, and this announcement sure has shut up that conversation. Or maybe this was the announcement timing plan all along…knowing that the tax wouldn’t be well received.
People were blaming Disney for a tax imposed by the State of California?

Ayla

the overall resort itself. Not every DVC has everyone in a single large building but those resorts feel like deluxe resorts, not a Disney KOA campground. I think it is a nice place don’t get me wrong, just surprised they are putting dvc there as it just doesn’t have that same deluxe vibe as others. Just my opinion.
You aren't alone in that opinion. No matter how they try to spin it, a campground is not in any way, shape or form "deluxe" based on Disney's established standards.

Virtual Toad

Maybe I've been very lucky in my cabin stays, or very unlucky in my DVC stays, but my DVC rooms are always beat to hell (especially the kitchens) while my cabin stays have always been wonderful.
Hopefully the DVC trend toward cheaper, value-engineered furnishings and interiors doesn't leave the new cabin guests with trashed quarters as well. A Ft. Wilderness stay is more "rugged" by nature than at the other DVC properties. The cabins (inside and out) need to continue to be rugged and sturdy to take the built-in wear and tear. Especially given the price point and target audience.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Hopefully the DVC trend toward cheaper, value-engineered furnishings and interiors doesn't leave the new cabin guests with trashed quarters as well. A Ft. Wilderness stay is more "rugged" by nature than at the other DVC properties. The cabins (inside and out) need to continue to be rugged and sturdy to take the built-in wear and tear. Especially given the price point and target audience.
There will be nothing but the finest IKEA-grade (or similar… or lesser quality…) furniture and housewares! Spare no expense, they will.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Can’t wait to see the paintings in each cabin of Mickey and Minnie holding hands by a campfire, with Pluto by their side and Goofy roasting marshmallows. Such a uniquely Disney touch that will have families feeling all warm and fuzzy for decades to come.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They better feature Chip and Dale or else …. 🥺

Ah, good point. Hopefully the painter will sneak them in.

But it could be crowded if Bob gets his way. He wants everyone to feel included, so legendary figures such as all (recent) Disney Princesses, BB-8, Mirabel, Ant-Man, Ralph, and dozens of other of your favorite Disney characters would be included as well. (I just read that last part in the old Disney voice that did the "Coming Soon!" on Disney videotapes 😂 )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom