News Disney Vacation Club Announces Expansion at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

nickys

Premium Member
Both are true. Microwaves and toasters are on back order. The microwaves are a last minute addition to just building 9.

I suppose if you call a microwave a kitchenette then you have a kitchenette. Me personally I do not. I don't know that it's a specific response to a guest complaint.... Or Anticipation of a member complaint.

The original plan was to not have microwaves and just have them available upon a request. I do think this plan is much better.
I would rather have a real refrigerator, definitely.

And we’re not studio people normally. But I like the look of these rooms and I could be tempted to try them, once the microwaves and toasters are in.

correcaminos

Interestingly, guests who checked in yesterday were being told that microwaves and toasters are apparently on back-order. In the meantime they were able to request them. And there is a shelf ready for them.

This makes me wonder whether there were sufficient complaints about the lack of a kitchenette that they decided to back-track.

If true that would be great news.
I only question this as the DVC site does not mention this and a week before opening they said on request. I remain skeptical until something official. A real mini-fridge needs to be there as well imo

Disone

I would rather have a real refrigerator, definitely.

And we’re not studio people normally. But I like the look of these rooms and I could be tempted to try them, once the microwaves and toasters are in.
I think between a real refrigerator and a microwave I probably would take the microwave. I don't love the small beverage cooler but at least it's already there. As a side note, I was watching a vlogger talk about how big it is....

I was like, wow. Someone's drinking the juice because that's the tiniest refrigerator / beverage cooler ever for a guest room. This is a blogger I really enjoy and that has totally been to many guest rooms. But in this case definitely they were just drinking the juice because there's no way you could look at that and think it's large or that it's larger than what Disney was previously offering.

correcaminos

I think between a real refrigerator and a microwave I probably would take the microwave. I don't love the small beverage cooler but at least it's already there. As a side note, I was watching a vlogger talk about how big it is....

I was like, wow. Someone's drinking the juice because that's the tiniest refrigerator / beverage cooler ever for a guest room. This is a blogger I really enjoy and that has totally been to many guest rooms. But in this case definitely they were just drinking the juice because there's no way you could look at that and think it's large or that it's larger than what Disney was previously offering.
They were saying that about the cooler or the room? The rooms really are far larger than I expected!
They are coming.
I saw your post. My comment stands. Until officially announced I believe nothing with Disney - especially DVC. Even then I don't expect reality to occur.

nickys

Premium Member
They were saying that about the cooler or the room? The rooms really are far larger than I expected!
I saw your post. My comment stands. Until officially announced I believe nothing with Disney - especially DVC. Even then I don't expect reality to occur.
I don’t think they will update the DVC website until the microwaves and toasters are actually in all the rooms.

Better to put them in the rooms and then update the list of amenities afterwards, than to update the list of amenities and not have them in the rooms.

correcaminos

I don’t think they will update the DVC website until the microwaves and toasters are actually in all the rooms.

Better to put them in the rooms and then update the list of amenities afterwards, than to update the list of amenities and not have them in the rooms.
I agree.... and you know me... I just don't trust word of mouth as much from Disney now lol. I believe people were told this, I just will wait until it happens to actually know it to be fact. This is on Disney, not the ones relaying info.

EPCOT-O.G.

I got an email recently that said there might be work going on at my building and the main area during the day, but not at night. I'm currently scheduled to be at the original VGF building in mid August, so I'm not sure what is going on. I thought they had already done the refurb over there to move to murphy beds.
Same here. One night stay in early August. This was the exact message:

In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World®. Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to make you aware of renovations that will be taking place during your visit. While we work our magic, you may see or hear construction during daytime hours, including from common areas, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am.​

Disone

I've seen your post. Microwaves are coming.

EPCOT-O.G.

Same here. One night stay in early August. This was the exact message:

In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World®. Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to make you aware of renovations that will be taking place during your visit. While we work our magic, you may see or hear construction during daytime hours, including from common areas, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am.​
FWIW, we have a deluxe studio, theme park view reservation.

Disone

The Microwaves should be in all the resort studios within the week. And the news has broke with pictures on some other sites.

correcaminos

The Microwaves should be in all the resort studios within the week. And the news has broke with pictures on some other sites.
so the toaster part was just a rumor then? I saw it on DVC news and strange they opted for black. Doesn't fit at all. And I still don't buy this was on "back order" but an afterthought after people complained.

Disone

so the toaster part was just a rumor then? I saw it on DVC news and strange they opted for black. Doesn't fit at all. And I still don't buy this was on "back order" but an afterthought after people complained.
It was absolutely on backorder.

There was no pressure from complaining guests as the building was not even opened.

If you want or need a toaster they will bring you one. I think eventually every room will just have a toaster placed in it, but I won't swear to that like I did within the microwaves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom