News Disney Vacation Club Announces Expansion at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

correcaminos

It was absolutely on backorder.

There was no pressure from complaining guests as the building was not even opened.

If you want or need a toaster they will bring you one. I think eventually every room will just have a toaster placed in it, but I won't swear to that like I did within the microwaves.
Follow me on this as to why I don't buy back ordering. If they really were it would have been shared by DVC originally and when we were doing tours days before they opened. It would have been announced long before. Initially, they had zero intentions of doing microwave or toaster. That's how it was presented. I get you are positive on Disney but if this was back order, it wouldn't have been billed as no toaster or microwave - which is exactly what they did. Somewhere in the last few weeks something changed.

I know they told me toasters on request, but that's what they said of microwaves to my face on the 10th too. This was a fail on Disney's part IMO to leave things out. The beverage cooler too. I wouldn't be shocked if those get replaced in the future and it won't be part of the original plan because no kitchenette ever was.

Disone

Follow me on this as to why I don't buy back ordering. If they really were it would have been shared by DVC originally and when we were doing tours days before they opened. It would have been announced long before. Initially, they had zero intentions of doing microwave or toaster. That's how it was presented. I get you are positive on Disney but if this was back order, it wouldn't have been billed as no toaster or microwave - which is exactly what they did. Somewhere in the last few weeks something changed.

I know they told me toasters on request, but that's what they said of microwaves to my face on the 10th too. This was a fail on Disney's part IMO to leave things out. The beverage cooler too. I wouldn't be shocked if those get replaced in the future and it won't be part of the original plan because no kitchenette ever was.
I'm not positive on Disney. I just have knowledge on this. Remember you didn't even believe me when I was absolutely adamant and kept repeating that the microwaves are coming. So I'm going to just repeat this....

They were absolutely on back order.

Last edited:

correcaminos

I'm not positive on Disney. I just have knowledge on this. Remember you didn't even believe me when I was absolutely adamant and kept repeating that the microwaves are coming. So I'm going to just repeat this....

They were absolutely on back order. Done.
You really are missing what I am saying. They were not part of the original plan. They failed to plan well for what DVC members want. Done.

A backorder can be around but geez, let's not pretend these were part of the original opening idea to begin with (even reputable news sources question that claim). With that I am honestly out of conversations with you. I hope you have a nice day, really and truly :)

Last edited:

Disone

You really are missing what I am saying. They were not part of the original plan. They failed to plan well for what DVC members want. Done.

A backorder can be around but geez, let's not pretend these were part of the original opening idea to begin with (even reputable news sources question that claim). With that I am honestly out of conversations with you. I hope you have a nice day, really and truly :)
All Good. Sorry about "done" I went back and deleted that as I felt it was to agressive. I just have insights on the history here.

I will add your not wrong that they were not part of the original plan, but I never said they were part of the original plan.

Thank you for the well wishes and same for you?

correcaminos

All Good. Sorry about "done" I went back and deleted that as I felt it was to agressive. I just have insights on the history here.

I will add your not wrong that they were not part of the original plan, but I never said they were part of the original plan.

Thank you for the well wishes and same for you?
All good too! I apologize if my thoughts came across negatively as an attack or reflection of you. It's absolutely not. I align with the DVC news source in that this was a bad afterthought. It's funny they are rectifying some things so quickly. I'll be happy when toasters arrive and they swap out that cooler for a real fridge.

Disone

All good too! I apologize if my thoughts came across negatively as an attack or reflection of you. It's absolutely not. I align with the DVC news source in that this was a bad afterthought. It's funny they are rectifying some things so quickly. I'll be happy when toasters arrive and they swap out that cooler for a real fridge.
Unfortunately, I don't think it will be an option to swap out the beverage cooler for a real refrigerator as the cabinet is not big enough for even the refrigerators , DVC studio or regular grand room that has not been refurbished yet.
:(

correcaminos

Unfortunately, I don't think it will be an option to swap out the beverage cooler for a real refrigerator as the cabinet is not big enough for even the refrigerators , DVC studio or regular grand room that has not been refurbished yet.
:(
I didn't even think to look at size. I wonder what options there can be for those who need it medically. Thinking out loud since I've never dealt with that but have family who do. So deep into DVC I don't pay attention to regular resort rooms.

Disone

I didn't even think to look at size. I wonder what options there can be for those who need it medically. Thinking out loud since I've never dealt with that but have family who do. So deep into DVC I don't pay attention to regular resort rooms.
An extra refrigerator can be delivered to the room. It could fit under that desk that's at the entry or in some other spots in the room. It's doable but in my opinion not ideal.

These new rooms are wonderful and beautiful. As a regular room, they're outstanding but has a studio, I think some things may need to be revisited. I remember the bathroom design of the studios at Bay lake Tower. When they first came out. They end up having to go under the knife and remodeled those. I'll be interested to see if these go down the same journey.

correcaminos

An extra refrigerator can be delivered to the room. It could fit under that desk that's at the entry or in some other spots in the room. It's doable but in my opinion not ideal.

These new rooms are wonderful and beautiful. As a regular room, they're outstanding but has a studio, I think some things may need to be revisited. I remember the bathroom design of the studios at Bay lake Tower. When they first came out. They end up having to go under the knife and remodeled those. I'll be interested to see if these go down the same journey.
Things I really wish I had thought to look at when checking out the rooms as I have T1D family. The rooms are lovely and for a few nights by myself or with just one I could see us staying there. But the omission is big for many. Would have been wise to listen to comments we saw earlier instead of maybe in the future redoing parts like BLT. Which while improved, is not a room I'd book again even if it was just for 2. It was a bit annoying for the family who stayed. We'll see I guess but I laugh at how out of touch designers were on this from practical points. Not from aesthetics. Hope PVB whatever it turns to be does better, though I was told the rooms look fantastic in renderings.

Disone

Things I really wish I had thought to look at when checking out the rooms as I have T1D family. The rooms are lovely and for a few nights by myself or with just one I could see us staying there. But the omission is big for many. Would have been wise to listen to comments we saw earlier instead of maybe in the future redoing parts like BLT. Which while improved, is not a room I'd book again even if it was just for 2. It was a bit annoying for the family who stayed. We'll see I guess but I laugh at how out of touch designers were on this from practical points. Not from aesthetics. Hope PVB whatever it turns to be does better, though I was told the rooms look fantastic in renderings.
The truth of the matter is this room product was originally designed as is for the regular Grand Floridian room refurbishment. Then they decided to also make it "resort deluxe studios" . That really means this is a regular room on points that happens to be owned by DVC instead of rented by Walt Disney World.

correcaminos

The truth of the matter is this room product was originally designed as is for the regular Grand Floridian room refurbishment. Then they decided to also make it "resort deluxe studios" . That really means this is a regular room on points that happens to be owned by DVC instead of rented by Walt Disney World.
Unlike past conversions no gutting either. Cheap and fast....

Disone

Unlike past conversions no gutting either. Cheap and fast....
I don't know about cheap. I know these rooms rank among one of the more expensive refurbishments Disney has done. There is a limited amount of structural changes, but it is true that for the most part these are the same floor plans that opened up with the resort originally. Apparently there are some structural reasons why the rooms cannot go through major changes.

I do love the room from this standpoint. With many of the past refurbishments I criticized Disney for going with the Hyatt look. Very white and very clean but also not very Disney. These rooms feel Disney without being overly Disney. They have just the right touch of Mary Poppins in them to make them a Disney room without being in your face. I give them credit for that. There's lots of color in the room and there's lots of light. Removing the closets at the entryway and building them in another place in the room. Also really opened up the entrance of the room. I don't know how true the structural issues are but they've said that for a long time. So perhaps it's true??? Perhaps it's not! But they're definitely spending a pretty penny on this refurbishment.

Villa or room, whatever you call that, there's no denying It's significantly better than the remaining rooms that haven't been upgraded yet.

correcaminos

I don't know about cheap. I know these rooms rank among one of the more expensive refurbishments Disney has done. There is a limited amount of structural changes, but it is true that for the most part these are the same floor plans that opened up with the resort originally. Apparently there are some structural reasons why the rooms cannot go through major changes.

I do love the room from this standpoint. With many of the past refurbishments I criticized Disney for going with the Hyatt look. Very white and very clean but also not very Disney. These rooms feel Disney without being overly Disney. They have just the right touch of Mary Poppins in them to make them a Disney room without being in your face. I give them credit for that. There's lots of color in the room and there's lots of light. Removing the closets at the entryway and building them in another place in the room. Also really opened up the entrance of the room. I don't know how true the structural issues are but they've said that for a long time. So perhaps it's true??? Perhaps it's not! But they're definitely spending a pretty penny on this refurbishment.

Villa or room, whatever you call that, there's no denying It's significantly better than the remaining rooms that haven't been upgraded yet.
Cheap as in not gutting to make full DVC studio like they've done in the past (PVB & CCV)... I do think the rooms look lovely so not cheap in terms of looks. They gutted to the studs for those two. Though a few claim PVB was on the cheap all studios, but they ripped everything out prior.

I love what they did otherwise and seeing in person made me more likely to stay when they said I could request a toaster. Even then 2 or 3 nights would be my limit and only if 2 of us.

I haven't stepped foot in the resort side rooms in..... well too long to matter.

Tha Realest

Are they planning on upgrading the standard DVc rooms to a similar color scheme and motif?

Disone

Are they planning on upgrading the standard DVc rooms to a similar color scheme and motif?
The DVC villas at the grand were already refurbished and that project is complete. These rooms were based on the color schemes used in the DVC Villa refurbishment. However, in my opinion they executed at a higher level for the grand side.

correcaminos

They were done this fall/winter. Very similar colors. We actually were in VGF in a 2 bedroom and saw the resort studios while there. I cannot compare a studio to resort studio though but very similar feel overall. I don't believe any of our lighting was as ornate as in the resort studios though. We were very happy with both.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I’m in love with this room. By far the most stunning DVC Studio. Wasn’t expecting either as Grand Floridian has excellent features but the exterior and other studio decor never pulled me in. BPK now has the utmost charm, it’s ridiculous 😍

ToTBellHop

These are certainly beautiful but studios should have a kitchenette…still, I’d consider this for a shorter trip. Does a beverage cooler like that hold a half gallon of milk or eggs?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom