Disney trying to get Blue Man to play in one of their parks...

DarkMeasures

Original Poster
I know this is a little off topic but I heard today on Blue Man's forums that Disney is trying hard to get Blue Man to play at the Hyperion Theatre in DCA.

However, due to the way the founders run Blue Man, it is most likely this wont happen.

DarkMeasures

Original Poster
http://miceage.com/allutz/al030204a.htm

Blue Tango

But the new TDA execs aren't only about fixing and tinkering with the day to day operation. They are also about bigger picture Anaheim problems, most notably "what to do with DCA." One of the first things they realized was that in Cynthia and Pressler's mad frenzy to shore up California Adventure's horrifically underwhelming performance in 2001, a lot of things were slapped together and added to the new park that had absolutely nothing to do with its original reason for being. They've already canned the tacky and underperforming XGames, as well as the frantic and slightly creepy Soap Opera weekends for DCA. And now Matt Ouimet has asked the Entertainment department to freshen up the atmosphere bands and entertainment around DCA.

Sadly, one of the acts that just got the axe was the very charming Chance to Shine show in the Hollywood section. And the A Cappella Groove 66 group will also be joining the girls in the unemployment line. New entertainment will be coming to the streets of DCA this summer, and the new TDA execs thought it might be refreshing if it all had a distinctly California feel to it.

Longer term, Anne Hamburger has her eye on the Hyperion Theater again. But instead of another Disney Character musical show, Disneyland's entertainment department is courting The Blue Man Group organization that is so popular in Las Vegas. With the new Snow White show packing them in over in Fantasyland, and with the Guest Research statistics coming back as very favorable for the new show, Anne would like to return the Hyperion venue to a contemporary yet family-friendly non-Disney offering.

The wild success "Blast!" had in the Hyperion didn't go unnoticed, and Anne Hamburger is looking to repeat that experience. We'll see how far they get with The Blue Man Group, but some people are already taking bets on whether or not Aladdin makes it through its originally planned three year run.

DarkMeasures

Original Poster
I know this goes under Disneyland but I find this very interesting and I want TestTrack to see this.

It will hopefully be moved if it is too off topic.

FigmentJedi

Originally posted by MagicalMonorail
What's Blue Man? :lookaroun By the way, this should go under the Disneyland forum. Just so you know. :)
Blue Man Group is a show that mixes drumming and slapstick. Their shows are incredibly humorous, and all the acts are done exclusively in pantomime. Examples of some of the things they do include a near launching of a big bucket of paint that would splatter all over the audience, but is interupted when someone enters late, to a little song "You're late, you're late!", a sing along to the song "Go Ask Alice" and the Blue Men have light up signs, one with the lyrics, one explaining the song's history to those that aren't familiar with it, and one that's completely off subject. These signs also appear when the 3 are observing a piece of art that is simply a dead fish on a canvas.
It's an incredibly funny show, and it's in Boston, NYC, Chicago, and Las Vegas.

DarkMeasures

Original Poster
Tahu, they have just redone their shows. THere are now 3 fish and other stuff.

They currently have 5 permanent venues and had a rock tour last year.

Current locations:
New York, Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, and Berlin.

If you missed the rock tour, buy their Complex Album and their Complex Tour Live DVD.

kurros

If that doesn't work, maybe they can bring back Blsat! to DCA. That was an awesome show.

I dont think Blue Man Group will happen. I mean tickets at their Las Vegas show are about $100. What kind of show would the put on for no extra admission at a theme park?

andre85

Originally posted by Disney2002
I'm sorry, but Blue Man is a decade old now. It's way beyond interesting at this point. Better to find something else.

Aerosmith was decades old when Disney built a ride around them. Classic Twilight Zone was over thirty years old when Disney built Tower of Terror. Age matters little; especially since Blueman's popularity seems to have really taken off in recent years.

Originally posted by andre85
Aerosmith was decades old when Disney built a ride around them. Classic Twilight Zone was over thirty years old when Disney built Tower of Terror. Age matters little; especially since Blueman's popularity seems to have really taken off in recent years.

Areosmith and Blueman group? Areosmith is known world wide. I have seen the BMG up here in Boston and I guess it wasnt for me.I really didnt like it much at all.Maybe this show would fit in around the DD area well.

Disney2002

Originally posted by andre85

The difference is Aerosmith has more than one song. Blue Man group is a one trick pony. Especially for anyone who lives in Chicago, NYC, or Boston... you've done the Blue Man thing... it never changes...

Disney2002

Originally posted by Palofmickey
Blue man group may be the same all the time, but what changes in WDW. PoC, IASW, CBJ etc.... It fits right in with the rest IMHO

But those attractions were not 10 years old when they opened at disney.

DarkMeasures

Original Poster
Originally posted by Disney2002
The difference is Aerosmith has more than one song. Blue Man group is a one trick pony. Especially for anyone who lives in Chicago, NYC, or Boston... you've done the Blue Man thing... it never changes...

What are you talking about? All the Tubes shows were changed last week. They released their second Album a year ago. They have over 30 songs altogether. Plus they just released their "I feel love" music video.

And a year ago their "Audio" Album went gold with abosolutly no advertising.

Anyway,
Music Video:
http://www.blueman.com/videoimages/video.shtml

Figment1986

I love Blue man group.

I wish they had a venue in FLA. I love their show, i saw a cast recording that my band director got hold of from his brother who is a Blue man in Vegas. My favoritie original song is Rods & Cones...

Testtrack321

Originally posted by DarkMeasures
I know this goes under Disneyland but I find this very interesting and I want TestTrack to see this.

It will hopefully be moved if it is too off topic.

YOU CARE!!! :cry:

Yes, I saw the news! This is really cool. Pick up the Rock Concert DVD guys if you want to see the Blue Man experence. Or go to www.blueman.com

I can only see this work if Disney gives BMG 100% on the creative and promotional process.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom