Disney Treasure, DCL’s 6th ship, debuts in 2024

JohnD

I agree that the pool deck offerings on the Wish are vastly superior to the other 4 ships.

However, I intensely dislike Arendelle...both the food and the noise. 1923 is an excellent restaurant. I don't have an issue with the restaurants on the Dream and Fantasy. Except the Pirates Night menu. On ANY of the 5 ships.

Agree about the elevators, especially the lack of midship elevators. Glad that DCL has switched out those damn buttons.

And the lack of a fully walkable promenade deck 4 was a BIG mistake. While the Wish is lovely, I'm not fond of it. And like you, I'm also Platinum Castaway Cay member. My cruise later this month is on the Magic...can't wait...so I will have sailed in all 5.

The Treasure just isn't doing it for me.

The Concierge sundecks on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy only have 1 hot tub.
My first Disney cruise is in October. From the things I've read, I'm glad my first experience is a western Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy with the promenade, etc.

JohnD

I wasn't impressed with the ports on the 7 night eastern Caribbean. But the plantation we visited in Falmouth Jamaica during the western was lovely. The view was amazing.
My initial port excursions were more "excitement" (dune buggy on Cozumel, zipline/tubing in Jamaica). I've switched them up to be more low key: Cozumel ruins, chocolate and beach break on Cozumel, Hampden Estate Rum Tour in Jamaica. I have a fraternity brother who lives in Grand Cayman. So he'll be my guide for the day.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
My first Disney cruise is in October. From the things I've read, I'm glad my first experience is a western Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy with the promenade, etc.

You'll love the ship. No dead end hallways. Midship elevators. A much bigger adults only area. Make sure to visit the Cove Cafe. It's in the adults area at the front of the ship. A nice quiet place to get a cup of coffee and a snack.

While the Grand Theatre on the Wish is pretty, the atriums on the Dream and Fantasy are stunning. And open.

Can't remember the shows on the Fantasy, but make sure to see as many as you can. They are Broadway quality.

Oh, and download the Navigator app. Everything will be on it...your dining rotation, any tastings, on board or port adventures you've purchased, movies & show times, etc. If you're sailing with someone, you can set up the "chat" feature through the app.

I always buy the Internet package, too.

You'll love Castaway Cay. Lots to explore on the island. Climb up to the top of the tower and you'll see everything.

Oh, and Pirate's Night. Bring pirates gear...people do dress up. If it's a Halloween on the High Seas cruise, make sure to catch the lighting of the tree. And people wear costumes.

You'll have fun. There's so much to do. My cruise later this month is my 16th. There are still things I haven't done.

LAKid53

Premium Member
My initial port excursions were more "excitement" (dune buggy on Cozumel, zipline/tubing in Jamaica). I've switched them up to be more low key: Cozumel ruins, chocolate and beach break on Cozumel, Hampden Estate Rum Tour in Jamaica. I have a fraternity brother who lives in Grand Cayman. So he'll be my guide for the day.

When we did the Western back in May 2022, there where port adventures not available due to COVID. I really wanted to do the snorkeling at Cozumel.

We did one of the estate tours in Falmouth. Was the best port excursion of our cruise. The submarine thing at Grand Cayman wasn't pleasant...hot and stuffy. Good that you've got a friend who can be your guide.

JohnD

You'll love the ship. No dead end hallways. Midship elevators. A much bigger adults only area. Make sure to visit the Cove Cafe. It's in the adults area at the front of the ship. A nice quiet place to get a cup of coffee and a snack.

While the Grand Theatre on the Wish is pretty, the atriums on the Dream and Fantasy are stunning. And open.

Can't remember the shows on the Fantasy, but make sure to see as many as you can. They are Broadway quality.

Oh, and download the Navigator app. Everything will be on it...your dining rotation, any tastings, on board or port adventures you've purchased, movies & show times, etc. If you're sailing with someone, you can set up the "chat" feature through the app.

I always buy the Internet package, too.

You'll love Castaway Cay. Lots to explore on the island. Climb up to the top of the tower and you'll see everything.

Oh, and Pirate's Night. Bring pirates gear...people do dress up. If it's a Halloween on the High Seas cruise, make sure to catch the lighting of the tree. And people wear costumes.

You'll have fun. There's so much to do. My cruise later this month is my 16th. There are still things I haven't done.
Currently I have the Extreme Getaway Package and Parasailing on CC. I think I may have too much. Will probably cancel parasailing. Regarding Pirates Night, I'm sure a Spirit Halloween will open soon near me and I can pick up something. I am on a Halloween cruise. Wasn't really planning on a costume. But I do have a Disney character Halloween themed Hawaiian shirt that I was planning on wearing just to be in the mood.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Currently I have the Extreme Getaway Package and Parasailing on CC. I think I may have too much. Will probably cancel parasailing. Regarding Pirates Night, I'm sure a Spirit Halloween will open soon near me and I can pick up something. I am on a Halloween cruise. Wasn't really planning on a costume. But I do have a Disney character Halloween themed Hawaiian shirt that I was planning on wearing just to be in the mood.

Our first cruise I bought the CC package that was snorkeling, tubing and bike ride. It was fun. Depending on the winds, there may be no parasailing. What side of the ship is your stateroom? If you're starboard, you'll get to watch the Fantasy back into the dock at CC. It's cool to watch the first time.

I don't dress up in a Halloween costume, just wear one of the many Mickey Halloween shirts I have. They do have a costume contest for both kids and adults and trick or treating for the kids. The ship will be decorated. Oh, and take the trams to the beaches.

JohnD

Our first cruise I bought the CC package that was snorkeling, tubing and bike ride. It was fun. Depending on the winds, there may be no parasailing. What side of the ship is your stateroom? If you're starboard, you'll get to watch the Fantasy back into the dock at CC. It's cool to watch the first time.

I don't dress up in a Halloween costume, just wear one of the many Mickey Halloween shirts I have. They do have a costume contest for both kids and adults and trick or treating for the kids. The ship will be decorated. Oh, and take the trams to the beaches.
My stateroom is port. But I could walk to the other side of the ship or go up to Deck 11 to watch. The Extreme package has snorkel, bike, tubing, and stingrays.

LAKid53

Premium Member
My stateroom is port. But I could walk to the other side of the ship or go up to Deck 11 to watch. The Extreme package has snorkel, bike, tubing, and stingrays.

You definitely want to watch her back into Castaway Cay. You'll feel her start to slow down and turn around.

That sounds like fun with the stingrays.

ToTBellHop

Here’s some early footage from the mystery Walt Disney Theatre show:

1694103434411.gif

DCLcruiser

When we did the Western back in May 2022, there where port adventures not available due to COVID. I really wanted to do the snorkeling at Cozumel.

We did one of the estate tours in Falmouth. Was the best port excursion of our cruise. The submarine thing at Grand Cayman wasn't pleasant...hot and stuffy. Good that you've got a friend who can be your guide.
At Cozumel, go to the cenotes.

At Grand Cayman, snorkel near the Kittywake wrecage and enjoy sipping a rum punch on the slow Catamaran cruise back to shore.

mickEblu

I’m not an avid Cruise goer but we did just cruise on the Dream this past April. Just wondering if other people might feel the same why I do about The Adventure. For someone that doesn’t cruise often I’m just not going to pick the ship that was 90% done when Disney got their hands on it. If I’m going to go on a Disney Cruise again I’m going with the ship that was purpose built from the ground up. I suppose the next ship i cruise on would most likely be the Treasure or whatever ship is sailing from California. We enjoyed the cruise but it would be hard to justify flying to Florida again for the sole purpose of a Disney cruise.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I’m not an avid Cruise goer but we did just cruise on the Dream this past April. Just wondering if other people might feel the same why I do about The Adventure. For someone that doesn’t cruise often I’m just not going to pick the ship that was 90% done when Disney got their hands on it. If I’m going to go on a Disney Cruise again I’m going with the ship that was purpose built from the ground up. I suppose the next ship i cruise on would most likely be the Treasure or whatever ship is sailing from California. We enjoyed the cruise but it would be hard to justify flying to Florida again for the sole purpose of a Disney cruise.

The Adventure will be sailing in Asia.

cjkeating

Lol. Welp guess it’s a non factor.
It was an opportunity buy. Basically the ship was free but they are having to pay to fit it out. So let’s say at least a 50% discount on the true total cost to enter a brand new market with a ship purpose built for the Asian market. Let’s assume it’s a success it will have been such a savvy move, if not I am sure they can sell it on or write it off for a tax break.

LAKid53

Premium Member
FYI Port Canaveral announced that 3 ships will sail from PC in 2025 (for how long, we will see): Wish, Treasure, and Fantasy. Fantasy moves to a new schedule (I presume 5/5/4 or 8/6 nights). No real surprise—no shortage of people willing to add a cruise to a WDW trip.

That's surprising. Then the 3rd Tritan class ship must be going to Port Everglades. I can't believe DCL would pay all that money to redo the birth it acquired from Carnival just to have ships there not on a full time basis.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
FYI Port Canaveral announced that 3 ships will sail from PC in 2025 (for how long, we will see): Wish, Treasure, and Fantasy. Fantasy moves to a new schedule (I presume 5/5/4 or 8/6 nights). No real surprise—no shortage of people willing to add a cruise to a WDW trip.
Well, that sounds great, if you’re right I will look forward to sailing on the Fantasy more often!

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

That's surprising. Then the 3rd Tritan class ship must be going to Port Everglades. I can't believe DCL would pay all that money to redo the birth it acquired from Carnival just to have ships there not on a full time basis.
Could Magic be there year round until Triton 3 arrives? How committed are they to Galveston? Or just continue having Dream there in the winter and Magic in the summer.

ToTBellHop

Fantasy sailing from PC allows them to offer sailings to Lookout Cay from PC, which I’m sure is desirable since they can charge so much from PC. And I very much doubt they think Port Everglades is ready to support Dream and Fantasy in early 2025.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom