Disney Treasure, DCL’s 6th ship, debuts in 2024

cjkeating

I can't believe DCL would pay all that money to redo the birth it acquired from Carnival just to have ships there not on a full time basis.
The birth is getting upgraded to the new fuel the Triton class uses so it is clearly intended to take them.
How committed are they to Galveston?
They have a contractual obligation to passenger numbers so they are committed.

ToTBellHop

The birth is getting upgraded to the new fuel the Triton class uses so it is clearly intended to take them.

They have a contractual obligation to passenger numbers so they are committed.
I presume the Galveston commitment is relatively limited since they won’t have a ship there year-round in 2024. Could just change nothing from the existing schedule moving into 2025 and just add Treasure to PC.

cjkeating

I presume the Galveston commitment is relatively limited since they won’t have a ship there year-round in 2024. Could just change nothing from the existing schedule moving into 2025 and just add Treasure to PC.
Just looked it up and they are committed to a minimum of 26 cruises from 1st November 2023 per year. This was a pre COVID agreement so they may have adjusted timelines.

No idea how this compares to this year. In 2018 there minimum commitment was 10 and had increased year on year.

ToTBellHop

Just looked it up and they are committed to a minimum of 26 cruises from 1st November 2023 per year. This was a pre COVID agreement so they may have adjusted timelines.

No idea how this compares to this year. In 2018 there minimum commitment was 10 and had increased year on year.
So that ends up being November to February or so. Leaves plenty of time for Magic to sail elsewhere, too.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Fantasy sailing from PC allows them to offer sailings to Lookout Cay from PC, which I’m sure is desirable since they can charge so much from PC. And I very much doubt they think Port Everglades is ready to support Dream and Fantasy in early 2025.
Personally/selfishly, I'd love to have the Dream available stateside year-round. Everglades would be fine with me, as it should be easier to get there from Miami than PC from MCO (despite flights into Miami for us tending to be more expensive, plus hotels are wowzers more expensive). In the event I ever want to sail a DCL cruise with friends in the future, it's my preferred choice.

jme

Personally/selfishly, I'd love to have the Dream available stateside year-round. Everglades would be fine with me, as it should be easier to get there from Miami than PC from MCO (despite flights into Miami for us tending to be more expensive, plus hotels are wowzers more expensive). In the event I ever want to sail a DCL cruise with friends in the future, it's my preferred choice.
Port Everglades is 4 miles from Fort Lauderdale Airport - which has a gate for Southwest so flights are pretty affordable (depending on where you're coming from of course). There's no need to fly into Miami (which is about 30 miles away) but the traffic will make that trek take about an hour, not much better than MCO->PC

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Port Everglades is 4 miles from Fort Lauderdale Airport - which has a gate for Southwest so flights are pretty affordable (depending on where you're coming from of course). There's no need to fly into Miami (which is about 30 miles away) but the traffic will make that trek take about an hour, not much better than MCO->PC
Good point, I forgot about flying straight into FLL. No Southwest flights for us, since it would involve at least one connection and I'm at a point in my life where I don't do layovers for leisure travel (unless there are literally no other options).

DCBaker

Premium Member
News on a new production that will debut in December 2024 at the Walt Disney Theatre on the Disney Treasure.

"In December 2024, the curtain will open on a brand-new original Broadway-style production on the Disney Treasure. Joining a dazzling lineup of fan-favorite shows including “Beauty and the Beast” and “Disney Seas the Adventure,” will be none other than “Disney The Tale of Moana.” Debuting exclusively at the Walt Disney Theatre onboard the Disney Treasure, “Disney The Tale of Moana” will bring the adventurous journey of Moana, inspired by the Walt Disney Animation Studios film, to center stage for the first time. The show will follow Moana as she embarks on an incredible journey to save her island after she is chosen by the ocean to restore the heart of Te Fiti. Fans of the original film will recognize many beloved characters like Gramma Tala, Maui and Tamatoa when they appear on stage, as well as songs from the film’s iconic soundtrack."

i2389uth3ghlerbi09345h (2).jpg

DCBaker

Premium Member
Details and photos of the Haunted Mansion bar coming to the Treasure.

IMG_8209.jpeg

“Billed as the "next chapter" of Haunted Mansion lore, the bar tells the story of a captain who entered the ghostly realm following a tragic dinner with his fiancée, and pulls aesthetic theming directly from Walt Disney's original 1969 Disneyland version of the ride, including purple wallpaper, a mantel clock, a distinct chair — which fans affectionately refer to as the Donald Duck chair — tucked into the corner, and, of course, hitchhiking ghosts behind the bar. While visitors experience the seafaring character's lair, they'll hear a custom musical arrangement by Shruti Kumar that draws inspiration from the ride's iconic theme.

Disney promises that the parlor will star "legendary characters from Haunted Mansion attractions at Disney Parks around the world, as well as new seafaring arrivals" that will come out to socialize (and expose their skeletons amid flashes of lightning) within the portrait gallery inside a first-class drawing room that recalls classic cruise liners of the golden age.“

Full details at the link below.

skibum123

Hi all, we recently took our family of 5 on our first Disney cruise earlier this year (5-day Western Caribbean excursion) on the Disney Magic. We are looking to take our next cruise in 2025. We are looking at the 7-day W/C cruise on the new Disney Treasure (put down on our deposit). The new ship seems significantly bigger than the Magic -- for those w/ experience on traveling on these larger ships, is there a particular deck to shoot for? We're currently booked on Deck 8 (out of like 15) w/ a verandah. It looks like we could go higher up if we wanted. But wanted to get some feedback from the experienced folks here if there is a particular Deck or side (port vs starboard) worth selecting.

Thanks!

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Hi all, we recently took our family of 5 on our first Disney cruise earlier this year (5-day Western Caribbean excursion) on the Disney Magic. We are looking to take our next cruise in 2025. We are looking at the 7-day W/C cruise on the new Disney Treasure (put down on our deposit). The new ship seems significantly bigger than the Magic -- for those w/ experience on traveling on these larger ships, is there a particular deck to shoot for? We're currently booked on Deck 8 (out of like 15) w/ a verandah. It looks like we could go higher up if we wanted. But wanted to get some feedback from the experienced folks here if there is a particular Deck or side (port vs starboard) worth selecting.

Thanks!

I don't have pointed advice, and hopefully others do, but in the meantime for port side Id suggest looking up Fantasy recommendations of similar itineraries.

For specific rooms I'd suggest looking up reviews of Disney Wish rooms because the ships are the same class and rooms should be same. As an example of differences, the Wish and Treasure have "bumpouts" that leave varying sized verandah.

Screenshot_20231024_115616_Samsung capture.jpg

For example, you can see that within the same category that 7570 has a bigger verandah than 7590, and 7578 has a bigger verandah than same category 7584. That's just one example. For other quirks, noise recommendations etc I'd recommend searching for Wish room recommendations.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Details and photos of the Haunted Mansion bar coming to the Treasure.

View attachment 750596

“Billed as the "next chapter" of Haunted Mansion lore, the bar tells the story of a captain who entered the ghostly realm following a tragic dinner with his fiancée, and pulls aesthetic theming directly from Walt Disney's original 1969 Disneyland version of the ride, including purple wallpaper, a mantel clock, a distinct chair — which fans affectionately refer to as the Donald Duck chair — tucked into the corner, and, of course, hitchhiking ghosts behind the bar. While visitors experience the seafaring character's lair, they'll hear a custom musical arrangement by Shruti Kumar that draws inspiration from the ride's iconic theme.

Disney promises that the parlor will star "legendary characters from Haunted Mansion attractions at Disney Parks around the world, as well as new seafaring arrivals" that will come out to socialize (and expose their skeletons amid flashes of lightning) within the portrait gallery inside a first-class drawing room that recalls classic cruise liners of the golden age.“

Full details at the link below.

Disney's video indicates that inspiration was drawn from the WDW HM, although considering interiors used for inspiration it's a distinction without a difference.

Screenshot_20231024_120658_Chrome.jpg

I'm curious how much, if any, talk went into Haunted Mansion inspiration vs. something like Mystic Manor or Phantom Manor. I'm happy with Haunted Mansion but considering it's in Florida where the ship will be home, I can see both sides to keeping it familiar for guests who already know and love Haunted Mansion vs. transporting somewhere many U.S. guests have not experienced in Mystic Manor or Phantom Manor.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'll have to disagree with you on that. I could tell from the photos that it not only lacked in decor and "spirit", but that it was made out of cardboard. And it looked just as lame in person as I expected it would.

I had higher expectations going in. It was a very big letdown, but then again, the Wish in general was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom