Disney Transport Bus in Texas

ridetech939

Original Poster
While traveling through Arlington Texas to a New Years eve party I passed a Disney Transport bus parked in an open parking lot. I stopped to take the following picture.
attachment.php

Any ideas what it is doing this far from home?

Attachments

• disney bus2.jpg
    disney bus2.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,358

Nemo14

While traveling through Arlington Texas to a New Years eve party I passed a Disney Transport bus parked in an open parking lot. I stopped to take the following picture.
attachment.php

Any ideas what it is doing this far from home?
I don't know, but I bet that driver has quite a story! :ROFLOL:

DisneyMusician2

Looking like that? It just might be a surplus they sold to another company. They have been replacing the older bus fleet if I'm not mistaken. (Could be wrong)

It is way too obvious for something Dinsey-related to be going on there. WDI would do a much better job of covering their tracks if that was the case. :D

happymom52003

Well, duh....it is there for the Disney World they are building in Texas near Dallas.:lookaroun

Sorry....could not resist! I've grown up in Texas and have heard that rumor ever since I was little. I still hear it even today and have to just laugh.:ROFLOL:

hpyhnt 1000

Hm! It's probably a surplus bus sold to someone else. Half of the design has been removed or covered. Strange though. Usually Disney does a better job covering up what they sell. Also, that's a more recent model as well. I know they have buses in their fleet that are older than this one. It's just strange all the way around. :confused: :shrug:

TTATraveler

Does the bus manufacturer have a facility in Texas? Perhaps it could be there for that. That is one of the newer buses, why sell off a newer bus in surplus when they still are using the regional transit buses?:confused:

Patsc85

Yeah thats one of the new Gillig buses. I don't know what its doing down there, but I doubt they were selling it as surplus to someone. The are the buses that are supposed to replace the whole fleet eventually. In addition, that bus looks brand spanking new. My guess? They are putting decals on it?

GymLeaderPhil

They have to perform a sacrifice each year to the Transportation gods. And driving in Texas is probably the closest to hell on wheels (no exit numbers, no mile markers?) so the ancient ritual is performed there.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yeah thats one of the new Gillig buses. I don't know what its doing down there, but I doubt they were selling it as surplus to someone. The are the buses that are supposed to replace the whole fleet eventually. In addition, that bus looks brand spanking new. My guess? They are putting decals on it?

Perhaps they were driving it from Hayward, Ca. to Orlando, and stopped in Arlington for a rest. :shrug:

http://www.gillig.com/New GILLIG WEB/contact.htm

aklodge

There is also some sort of green tape around the decal... this would lead me to believe it was there to be applied and then driven back. That is, unless, they do the decals onsite.

I agree with previous posters in saying that the bus does look new, and I doubt they'd be selling one of those to surplus.

Also, how do we know this was even shot in Texas? I'm not doubting the credibility of the poster but who's to say that this wasn't just snapped on property? Just food for thought.

Figment1986

maybe its a stress test?

if it can drive from california to texas to WDW the model can handle a lot of stress... if it can go from WDW to texas back it can handle stress..

than again it could be a weirder reason... like disney fuiling the Disney texas rumor again ;)

cnymike

They need to get rid of the old busses before they even THINK about getting rid of these ones.

Although I do love the older seating arraingment, those old ones stink.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Also note the fact there are no fleet numbers or US DOT numbers on it

Do any WDW buses have DOT numbers on the side? (I don't recall ever really paying attention)
I wouldn't think so, as they are for on property use only.

EpcotServo

I actully live near a Bus factory and I get to see new Disney busses rolling in and out every once and awhile. All of the Magical Express buses were actully built right near me. Pretty cool!
:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom