News Disney transforms Magic Kingdom's famous purple wall to celebrate PRIDE Month at Walt Disney World and will donate merch profits to support LGBTQIA+

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
images (2).jpeg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Indeed. The methodist church across from one of my favorite coffee shops is flying a rainbow flag.

Also... you quoted me earlier and asked about Christmas in the parks. Was thinking of a good comparison to the pride mural since so much of Christmas is very commercial / American feel good.

I thought of a good example... the nativity scene they used to have during the Osborne lights! That’s a pretty good equivalent of the pride mural.
The Candlelight Procession is overtly Christian. The narration is from the bible, and all the songs are sacred song.

Brian

The Candlelight Procession is overtly Christian. The narration is from the bible, and all the songs are sacred song.
Agreed. Thought I like it a lot, and it's one of my favorite family holiday traditions, I also think that it's out of place in a Disney park. Not to "armchair Imagineer," but a more appropriate alternative for EPCOT would be a musical celebration of Christmas/winter holidays celebrated in the WS-represented countries.

Patcheslee

If you don't mind me asking is your child part of LGQBT community and is that why these kids are saying these awful things? I am disgusted nothing was done to these two students for saying such things to your daughter.
She identifies as bi right now. I say right now because she has explained to me she has wanted to be in mutual non-sexual relationships with either before. But she hasn't had attraction towards anyone that she would want to kiss. So it's very much her being aware of what she feels and growing herself.
She's always been outspoken about supporting LQGBT including at school, and her friend with same sex parents when bullies bugged her friends, so it may partially be to blame. She wanted to start a support club after school, but there still alot of fear of targeting, mainly from parents sadly. She already lost 1 friend who isn't allowed to speak to her due to parents finding out she supported LGBTQ. Then there's TicTok she has, with supervision been allowed to start recently, much of it is sharing funny videos and resharing the local Pride Group info, etc. The other part is she's part of the "freak" crowd. i.e. she doesn't dress like the popular ones. Here it's still much of a if you wear X brand you're cool, if not you're poor and not worth talking to. So big mixed bag of "what the heck do you have a problem with now".

Patcheslee

That is so infuriating how the school responded to those two bullying incidents.

Wait, the school EXPELLED a student who attempted suicide, because it caused an "interruption" to the school? That is so...I've got no words for it. 🤬 And if I was the parent of that child, the superintendent, principal and chair of the school board would be meeting with me and a lawyer.
Unfortunately the girls home life isn't supportive of parents. Believe she's been between grandparents, foster, and state care for the past 2 years now. Not much advocacy.

Club Cooloholic

Please don't close this thread down. Whenever there is a thread that deals with a minority group be it this one a minority actor getting cast as a character traditionally portrayed by a Caucasian...the thread gets invaded by people with only an agenda to show disapproval but really to display hate. Then the thread gets locked. Then hate wins and everyone else loses. Delete posts, ban posters from the thread or the site, or leave all comments up..but don't close it. Don't let hate win.

Anteater

Please don't close this thread down. Whenever there is a thread that deals with a minority group be it this one a minority actor getting cast as a character traditionally portrayed by a Caucasian...the thread gets invaded by people with only an agenda to show disapproval but really to display hate. Then the thread gets locked. Then hate wins and everyone else loses. Delete posts, ban posters from the thread or the site, or leave all comments up..but don't close it. Don't let hate win.
banning disagreement from a thread turns it into an echo-chamber. That's what this thread has been. Disagreement is. not. hate.

Disney Analyst

banning disagreement from a thread turns it into an echo-chamber. That's what this thread has been. Disagreement is. not. hate.

I don't know... for me a disagreement is not liking Blue Cheese when someone else does, or saying Pineapple on Pizza is the best (which it is!).

Quite frankly there is no such thing as disagreeing when it comes to an entire group of people who exist on this planet, who are real, who were born this way, and who had as much choice as anyone else on who they love.

You either realize that we exist and deserve to be safe and equal, or you see us as some other group that doesn't deserve rights. For me there is no between space.

There is no place for disagreeing, you cannot disagree with that fact that we exist, and that we deserve as much from this planet as anyone else.

Someone can be a bigot and want us to stop existing, and they may have a right to share those beliefs, but they don't have a right to not be shamed for being a bigot. (I am not calling you a bigot, I do not know your stance).

ImperfectPixie

I don't know... for me a disagreement is not liking Blue Cheese when someone else does, or saying Pineapple on Pizza is the best (which it is!).

Quite frankly there is no such thing as disagreeing when it comes to an entire group of people who exist on this planet, who are real, who were born this way, and who had as much choice as anyone else on who they love.

You either realize that we exist and deserve to be safe and equal, or you see us as some other group that doesn't deserve rights. For me there is no between space.

There is no place for disagreeing, you cannot disagree with that fact that we exist, and that we deserve as much from this planet as anyone else.

Someone can be a bigot and want us to stop existing, and they may have a right to share those beliefs, but they don't have a right to not be shamed for being a bigot. (I am not calling you a bigot, I do not know your stance).
Well said! 👏👏👏

Lilofan

Be careful with TikTok. There are security issues, and Libs of TikTok uses unsourced and unverifiable (as well as selectively edited) videos and screenshots to run a smear campaign of hate.
Kevin Mayer who was passed over to be TWDC CEO left and went to be CEO of Tik Tok. He thought the grass was greener on the side. He lasted less than four months as CEO before quitting.

Brian

Taking issue with a pride mural in a Disney park does not equate to suggesting that you or any other LGBT person should be unsafe, unequal, or shouldn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom