News Disney transforms Magic Kingdom's famous purple wall to celebrate PRIDE Month at Walt Disney World and will donate merch profits to support LGBTQIA+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian

It's not polite to pretend or ellude you are something you are not so others think your opinion isn't rooted in bigotry, hatred and or homophobia.
Huh? People in this very thread who have explicitly said that they identify as LGBT have expressed skepticism about the murals and/or pride month overall. Are they bigoted, hateful or homophobic?

Not everyone who identifies as LGBT has to think the exact same way. Suggesting otherwise is like when a certain incumbent president said that if you don't vote for him, you aren't black.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry there was another big clean-up job. I need to learn not to take the bait when certain things get posted. In any case, you might want to revisit post #186 where we were basically informed that gays cannot be Christians. That post is still lingering around like a pesky ghost.
Sometimes I think a poster needs to be judged by what they write - and deleting obviously takes that away. However, in this case it is ground zero so I agree it should go.

Bocabear

So you are against a pride display on the purple wall because Disney does business in China? and until Disney pulls out of China they should not supports any other groups right to exist? .. This is all becoming word salad.
I appreciated the displays that I saw... I appreciated that the Walt Disney Company, which was a big part of my childhood and a cherished piece of nostalgia in my adulthood recognizes us as consumers and human beings. It is really that simple... and a lovely gesture.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Gay Pride Love GIF

Casper Gutman

The rights of gun owners are under attack. Do they get a mural in Liberty Square?
The rights (and lives) of the unborn are under attack. Do they get a mural in EPCOT?
The rights of female athletes are under attack. Do they get a mural at Wide World of Sports?

By your logic, yes. Because your position is that there is no line.
The “line” you seemed to be asking about was that between the political and the non-political.

But…

“The rights of female athletes are under attack.”

I think we’re done here. I no longer believe you are arguing in good faith. May the American flag and the Pride flag wave proudly, side by side, wherever you go.

Brian

The “line” you seemed to be asking about was that between the political and the non-political.

But…

“The rights of female athletes are under attack.”

I think we’re done here. I no longer believe you are arguing in good faith. May the American flag and the Pride flag wave proudly, side by side, wherever you go.
If your position is that the pride murals are ok because the line between political and non-political is entirely arbitrary, why shouldn't those three causes also have murals at the Disney parks? Or any cause which has some level of popular support?

If you don't want to talk about it anymore, that's fine. I just hope you'll think about the idea that there simply must be a line between politics/social issues and what is appropriate for a Disney park, especially as it relates to the careful attention to storytelling and placemaking they pride themselves on. Obviously, the parks have some things that might be considered political (like we discussed earlier), but there has to be a line drawn somewhere, or else eventually visiting Magic Kingdom would just be like watching the nightly news.

Last edited:

maemae74

Sadly I know of 2 teens whom are not out fully due to negative beliefs around them.

Part of this is due to schools not even having the ability to do much. DD now 13 was in 3rd grade passed a note that told her to k*** herself with drawings of a person. This past year again in 7th told by a student she should k*** herself overheard by a teacher this time. In neither instance was the student punished, it was a quick call to the parents, that's it since it was the first time each student had been warned for bullying that semester. Meanwhile one of her friends 2 months prior did attempt at school bathroom, the results: her friend was expelled because it caused an interruption to the school day.
If you don't mind me asking is your child part of LGQBT community and is that why these kids are saying these awful things? I am disgusted nothing was done to these two students for saying such things to your daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom