Disney trademarks "Seal Team Six"

GrumpyFan

It doesn't exist 20 minutes from my house.:zipit:

Probably how they stole it from him and everyone is still out to get him.:king:

What I meant is that when they do their jobs right, they're like Ninjas, never seen or heard. The sneak in under cover of darkness, do their deed, and then disappear. Those who do see them, aren't usually lucky, nor do they (live to) tell about it.

Marcinko will always be credited with their creation, at least in his mind, and in his stories, but as he would be the first to point out, much has changed, and not necessarily for the better, since he led the team.

Is there any way we can steer this back to the original topic of Disney's trademark application for SEAL Team 6?

JimboJones123

My only response is that this makes the mouse look like munny grubbers.

They'll make munny off anything.

Even a real life plot to kill somebody.

Don't care who it is, it just rubs me the wrong way.

figment1988

My only response is that this makes the mouse look like munny grubbers.

They'll make munny off anything.

Even a real life plot to kill somebody.

Don't care who it is, it just rubs me the wrong way.

i agree as well. It seems way too serious for Disney, and if they capitalize on it, it's going to end up being just another clone of G.I. Joe.

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
It is replacing Kim Possible. You will become a Seal Team member and invade all the countries in Epcot. :lookaroun

NewfieFan

Far be it from me to engage in the Internet's greatest pastime (telling someone they're wrong)...

There is and there isn't a "SEAL Team 6". You're correct that the name SEAL Team Six was changed in 1987 (and FYI, it was changed again in October of 2010 from DEVGRU but the name hasn't been leaked or declassified) and that there are other SEAL Teams (1-10 minus "6"). The group is still unofficially known as SEAL Team Six. But, there actually is no SEAL Team Six. What do I mean? Well, each of the other SEAL teams train together to perform various missions. But when there's a *really* serious mission (like say, killing the number one terrorist on the planet), the Navy and Joint Chiefs will get together the best of each of the other teams and train them together for one specific mission, rather than an overarching mission (like objectives in the Iraq War as an example). So "SEAL Team Six" is now sort of an "All-Star SEAL Team" that only is formed when needed; hence why it does and doesn't exist.

Ooooooh, so that's the new value resort they're coming up with!

:lookaroun

splashtest

Maybe it will be used to market something to do with Marvel. Disney-like it is not, but I could definitely see this having a "comic book" connection.

Martian Crab

It will use the same ride system as Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, only it will add 3D and each seat will have an AR-15 tethered to it.

Accept the role of a Junior seal, board classified stealth Black Hawks and blast away at Evil Osama's Terrorist minions with AR-15s.

Why not M16s? AR-15's aren't fully auto. They need to rethink this.:animwink:

ob1thx1138

Why not M16s? AR-15's aren't fully auto. They need to rethink this.:animwink:

Fully auto guns would just lead to people holding down the trigger and not actively shooting at the targets, Half the fun of Buzz and TSMM is seeing how fast you can fire the guns. Why take away all that fun with a full auto weapon? Plus I am pretty sure misses will be factored into your score..... Man I am just letting too many secrets out...

Gringrinngghost

Word Mark SEAL TEAM 6
Goods and Services IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment and education services
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 85310970
Filing Date May 3, 2011
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Disney Enterprises, Inc. CORPORATION DELAWARE 500 South Buena Vista Street Burbank CALIFORNIA 91521
Attorney of Record Charles Steinberg
Type of Mark SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Word Mark SEAL TEAM 6
Goods and Services IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: Toys, games and playthings; gymnastic and sporting articles (except clothing); hand-held units for playing electronic games other than those adapted for use with an external display screen or monitor; Christmas stockings; Christmas tree ornaments and decorations; snow globes
Serial Number 85310966
Filing Date May 3, 2011
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Disney Enterprises, Inc. CORPORATION DELAWARE 500 South Buena Vista Street Burbank CALIFORNIA 91521
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Word Mark SEAL TEAM 6
Goods and Services IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Clothing, footwear and headwear
Serial Number 85310957
Filing Date May 3, 2011
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Martian Crab

Fully auto guns would just lead to people holding down the trigger and not actively shooting at the targets, Half the fun of Buzz and TSMM is seeing how fast you can fire the guns. Why take away all that fun with a full auto weapon? Plus I am pretty sure misses will be factored into your score..... Man I am just letting too many secrets out...

I'd settle for 3 round bursts like the real M-16A2s have.

Mr Bill

You can just hold down the trigger in Buzz though :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom