Disney Toy Monorails

MickeyLover404

Original Poster
Hey everyone! I was just wondering if those working toy monorails are still being sold in the parks. I dont remember seeing them last December, but just redid my basement (ALL DISNEY... Of course) and wanted to add the monorail and all the pieces to it. I already have the Haunted Mansion monorail play set, and need the monorail to add to it lol.
Just wondering if anyone knows if they are currently being sold, or will i have to resort to buying it off ebay?
Thanks in advance everyone!!!!

TheDisneyMagic

I'm pretty sure they are still selling them, I have seen them a few times this year throughtout the resort. The guys on ebay charge fortunes for them!

montyz81

you do not have to go there to buy stuff from the store. You can call them direct and order over the phone. I have done it several times. One was actually the anniversary monorail in Gold. Call this number they should be able to direct you to World of Disney
(407) 828-3800

Chape19714

Yep, it's Monorail Blue now with working doors and sounds. The playsets still remain, and the most popular is the Castle (of coarse). Emporium on main street has some of the pieces, as does World of Disney, and Merchandice Mail Order.

MickeyLover404

Original Poster
Thanks soo much everyone. And montyz81, thank you for the number, i will be calling them shortly.
Just one more question, does anyone know about how much they cost?

DiPSU224

I just got one on ebay this week. Wow, some of the parts get really expensive. I guess the TTC piece was retired and I saw it go for $200-something last week. Some of the buy it now options on ebay were around $85-95 but I'm not sure what they cost directly in the parks. I can't wait to put mine under the tree :xmas:

Polyman

Thanks soo much everyone. And montyz81, thank you for the number, i will be calling them shortly.
Just one more question, does anyone know about how much they cost?

In the neighborhood of $60. I believe. That's what my son's cost. Of course, I used my CM 40% off Holiday discount and paid only $36. last year.:sohappy:

MattBoom

I saw green and blue ones today. The cost with tax is about $72.
I bought my son a green one at Once Upon a Toy, then exchanged it at Epcot for a blue one (His favorite color).

wdwmomof3

Oh my goodness... I have never seen this. Can someone tell me more about it? I would love to order this for Christmas for my son.

MissM

Oh my goodness... I have never seen this. Can someone tell me more about it? I would love to order this for Christmas for my son.
Here's a picture: http://www.monorails.org/tMspages/CPDisToys.html

They're really neat. It's like a toy train except it's a monorail. And they have different accessories and buildings and such to go with it like the Castle, Spaceship Earth, some of the resorts, etc. There used to be a fantastic display in Once Upon A Toy but the Build-your-own Lightsaber area took it over.
-m

Figment82

Here's a picture: http://www.monorails.org/tMspages/CPDisToys.html

They're really neat. It's like a toy train except it's a monorail. And they have different accessories and buildings and such to go with it like the Castle, Spaceship Earth, some of the resorts, etc. There used to be a fantastic display in Once Upon A Toy but the Build-your-own Lightsaber area took it over.
-m

The link you posted is of the old version, that was simply a monorail and some track (that's the one I have). The one sold now is more like a playset, and the doors open to reveal seats inside. It comes with the Fab 5 and some other characters (like Lilo and Stitch) that you can sit inside.

DiPSU224

For those of you who have the older version, how much of the monorail spiel does it do? I just got mine today from ebay and it seems like it cuts off abruptly with "please hold onto the handrails". It seems like there should be more after that...? I just want to make sure it is in proper working condition.

mikemand25

They are currently selling green now. You may still be able to find some blue monorails that are left over but the new color this year is green.

Gambit

Some of the pieces for the monorail are retired and cost ALLOT of money on ebay. Here's a few pictures of my monorail I put out every year for Christmas. The only things I never got were the TTC and California Screamin'.
:xmas:

img3597hr5.jpg
img3600vm1.jpg
img3605bg0.jpg

DiPSU224

wow that is impressive! there are currently 2 TTC on ebay that i saw this week if you wanted to give them a shot. i'm hoping to slowly add the monorail hotel stations, maybe a piece a year.

Figment82

Very nice collection! I love how you have it displayed.

I only have the original monorail, I never bought the other accessories, although I am really kicking myself for never getting the Tomorrowland palm tree. One day I will track it down. I would also love to get the original SSE model. I was going to get it when it came out, but don't have the room to display it. As it is, my poor monorail is still in its box. One day...

cooleo

Cool.... I am looking to start my collection of these pieces during my upcoming trip which starts Dec. 7th. ONLY 6 more days till I leave. :sohappy:

a2grafix

I recently purchased the Contemporary resort from Mousegear sales. I originally saw it in one of the shops at the Contemporary (of all places!:ROFLOL::drevil:) when I was on vacation in October. But since it was so big, I opted to order it through the Disney merchandise Mousegear line.

For the past few years me and my sisters have purchased a Disney monorail piece for our dad for Christmas. The collection is growing. The Contemporary is pretty nice and pretty big and it looks like we might need some more monorail track.

Just like the "old" train around the base of the Christmas tree, my dad has the "new" monorail and its accessories around the base of the tree. In addition to the tracks, the monorail goes through Spaceship Earth and the mad tea party.

I'm not sure what color the monorail is, but I do know that in the past my sisters have purchased the pieces through eBay sellers.

And I'm sure the set will continue to grow and grow as the years pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom