Disney to reveal plans on Golden Oak development.

niteobsrvr

This has the potential to be a great idea.

The property is away from guest areas so it will be out of sight, out of mind for most.

This could be the beginnings of a local community with some influence over WDW.

If I was buying a multi-million dollar home with its primary purpose being ease of access to WDW then I would want WDW to maintain a high quality as well.

They will have little in the way of political influence if that is what you are referring to in your post. The property is being removed from the Reddy Creek Improvement District and returned to Orange County for services and governmental responsibility. The residents will have no say in anything Disney.

As for the Market, they are aiming mostly for the rich and famous from overseas markets. Think Russian, Chinese and Indian billionaires to name a few.

njDizFan

The payment for the cheapest home on property 1.5 million:

20% down minimum($300,000), lower down payment not available for "super jumbo" mortgage programs.

for 30 years (40-50 year mortgages no longer available) especially for this loan amount

$8450/month plus taxes and insurance, plus of course as a planned unit development(PUD) there will be association fees.

lets just say at least $10000/month, after you come up with the $300,000 down and closing fees

pocket change

tmp

Help? I'm confused? Disney sold this property to the four seasons a few years back. This would mean it's technically not Disney property? It is surrounded by Disney property however. I did not like the fact the gave the property up in such a prime area of property. It's not off the beaten track. It's right next to Port Orleans on one side and Ft wilderness/golf course on other side. Disney is going to have to change the toll plaza. Otherwise residence could just take a right out of community and be right in MK area past the toll plaza.

Also, aren't there a few homes on the other side of Bay Lake. Maybe ten? Nothing to this extent but this is how Disney has the zoning advantages. Who owns these homes anyway? They have to be average people.

Oh and Celebration was completely different idea and didn't Disney sell it off?

chama1

Fees and then some.

I have no doubt that there will be monthly association fees.

If I read their small print correctly, these "elite" owners will be paying for everything plus any fees which the HOA decides to increase as time goes by. The HOA might also add to the "bylaws" of this subdivision a say on the selling of their properties when the owners get "tired" of living in near Mickey land which could cause "forclosures" yep I said it. We have them in most of the "elite" subdivisions in Orlando why not there? Hey I only hope they have some "models" we of the "non-elite" can tour and dream.

WorldKey

Part of me is glad that Disney believes the economy is turning around to the degree that these houses could be built and sold. Another part of me is a little disappointed that they are being built so close to the parks...

The reality is that the economic situation doesn't really matter as much to people who can afford 1.5 to 8 million dollar homes. There will always be somewhat of a market. I agree that they shouldn't be so close to the parks.....they should save that land for future attraction development/expansion!

rangerbob

I saw that somebody said about the tolls. If you make a right out of the property you are on the road that heads in front of the TTC and then the Poly. There isn't an entrance into the parking lot for the TTC from that road unless if you have a cast member ID. Why would you want to do that since it looks like there is going to be exclusive transportation to the parks from there.

Sereral have mentioned that this is in a visible location. If you are coming or going to Disney Institute (will always be that to me), Port Orleans, Old Key West or DTD you will see it. I think that is a failry seculded area real close to the warehouse area of the property.

Now where is my winning Power Ball ticket?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I saw that somebody said about the tolls. If you make a right out of the property you are on the road that heads in front of the TTC and then the Poly. There isn't an entrance into the parking lot for the TTC from that road unless if you have a cast member ID. Why would you want to do that since it looks like there is going to be exclusive transportation to the parks from there.

Sereral have mentioned that this is in a visible location. If you are coming or going to Disney Institute (will always be that to me), Port Orleans, Old Key West or DTD you will see it. I think that is a failry seculded area real close to the warehouse area of the property.
You can bypass the tolls from this area without going back stage but most people do not know how. It is also kind of a moot points as it is my understanding that they have been considering moving the toll booths from their present location anyway.

wbc

The payment for the cheapest home on property 1.5 million:

20% down minimum($300,000), lower down payment not available for "super jumbo" mortgage programs.

for 30 years (40-50 year mortgages no longer available) especially for this loan amount

$8450/month plus taxes and insurance, plus of course as a planned unit development(PUD) there will be association fees.

lets just say at least $10000/month, after you come up with the $300,000 down and closing fees

pocket change

THe people who will be buying these problems don't worry about "down payments" or "how many months" to pay for them.

I will go out on a limb and assume many of those who will purchase these homes will pay with cash.

tmp

You can bypass the tolls from this area without going back stage but most people do not know how. It is also kind of a moot points as it is my understanding that they have been considering moving the toll booths from their present location anyway.

I heard they were considering moving the tolls, but maybe they are moving it because of the expansion of the "northeast" of property. Lucky the pet hotel will be within seconds of this section.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I heard they were considering moving the tolls, but maybe they are moving it because of the expansion of the "northeast" of property. Lucky the pet hotel will be within seconds of this section.
That is possible but personally I think it is to speed up traffic to WL and the monorail resorts and close off the last free parking loop hole.

niteobsrvr

Help? I'm confused? Disney sold this property to the four seasons a few years back. This would mean it's technically not Disney property? It is surrounded by Disney property however. I did not like the fact the gave the property up in such a prime area of property. It's not off the beaten track. It's right next to Port Orleans on one side and Ft wilderness/golf course on other side. Disney is going to have to change the toll plaza. Otherwise residence could just take a right out of community and be right in MK area past the toll plaza.

The property actually butts up against a lot of non Disney owned residential land along 535. Its not likely they would have built anything other than timeshares there. The Four Seasons aspect was directly due to a deal made with Al-Waleed bin Talal who has bailed out Disneyland Paris on Two occasions. The second time around, part of the deal was the ability to build a Four Seasons Resort at Walt Disney World. Interestingly, the Saudi Prince and Bill Gates own 100% of the Four Seasons brand.

Also, aren't there a few homes on the other side of Bay Lake. Maybe ten? Nothing to this extent but this is how Disney has the zoning advantages. Who owns these homes anyway? They have to be average people.

The homes at Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista are house trailers or manufactured homes or whatever term you want to use to describe them. There are 7 units listed as a manufactured home community and I believe they are leased to Disney Employees (possibly on temporary assignment to Central Florida?).

bugsbunny

Before any starts casting dispersion about it not "seeming right" that houses are being built on/close to WDW property.....

Being that we are all Disney Kool Aid drinkers (else why would be here on these forums ;) ), it would seem that if ANY of us had the money to build a house next to or on the Mouse, we'd be elbowing each other and shooting out each others tires as we raced to secure the 30 lots that are available.

Doesn't that seem about correct? I know if my business venture works out and I have that kind of money, I wouldn't think twice about it! Buying a lot...not shooting out your tires...just don't get in my way. :)

MarkTwain

The property actually butts up against a lot of non Disney owned residential land along 535. Its not likely they would have built anything other than timeshares there. The Four Seasons aspect was directly due to a deal made with Al-Waleed bin Talal who has bailed out Disneyland Paris on Two occasions. The second time around, part of the deal was the ability to build a Four Seasons Resort at Walt Disney World. Interestingly, the Saudi Prince and Bill Gates own 100% of the Four Seasons brand.

The Four Seasons part I understand... but was it necessary to build the homes and timeshares along with it? It seems to me like those two things are very separate from a luxury hotel.

Tom

Beta Return
Does Disney charge sales tax above the state tax level?

Since nobody ever answered this question, I thought I'd drop in a quick reply.

Neither Disney nor RCID have the authority to collect sales tax. RCID operates on property taxes collected on residential and commercial properties within its boundaries (aka, Disney).

The state of Florida collects a flat 6% sales tax on all purchases in the state. Each county is authorized to tack on their own sales tax on top of the state's. Orange adds 0.5% and Osceola adds 1%.

So, if you buy goods in Orange County (most of WDW guest areas), you'll pay 6.5% sales tax. If you buy goods in Osceola County (All-Stars & ESPN), you'll pay 7% sales tax.

However, the state also has an additional 6% hotel tax. So, at all WDW hotels in Orange County, you'll actually pay 12.5% (6+6+.5) tax on your room. At the All-Stars, you'll pay 13% (6+6+1).

The people who buy these homes will only pay property tax to Orange County, and not to "Disney" or RCID, since the property has been de-annexed from RCID.

DVC members are paying property tax in their annual dues, which go to RCID, among other entities.

toolsnspools

Did the golf course go as part of the Four Seasons deal? From what I've been able to gather, this new development, and the hotel will all be intertwined with the Eagle Pines GC. The main entrance seems to be straight off the north end of Bonnet Creek Pkwy. Then again, I can't convince Google maps to do hourly updates, so I'm not really sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom