Disney to reveal plans on Golden Oak development.

ryguy

Not being able to rent these units out on a short term basis kinda stinks. I understand there thinking but I think this will hurt sales for these type of units. Definitely a retirement community. Or a ghost town. :eek:

DABIGCHEEZ

Help? I'm confused? Disney sold this property to the four seasons a few years back. This would mean it's technically not Disney property? It is surrounded by Disney property however. I did not like the fact the gave the property up in such a prime area of property. It's not off the beaten track. It's right next to Port Orleans on one side and Ft wilderness/golf course on other side. Disney is going to have to change the toll plaza. Otherwise residence could just take a right out of community and be right in MK area past the toll plaza.

Also, aren't there a few homes on the other side of Bay Lake. Maybe ten? Nothing to this extent but this is how Disney has the zoning advantages. Who owns these homes anyway? They have to be average people.

Oh and Celebration was completely different idea and didn't Disney sell it off?

This made me laugh... Aren't these residents living in 1.5 -8 million dollars homes? And they are going to skip the $12 parking(or whatever it is) the1 or 2 times a year they will be there. They will actually probably have their own captain bring them over in their own yacht anyway!!!

tmp

Well they can't have a yacht it's not attached to MK by any water ways. I get your point but it's not about them skipping out on paying because they are cheap. It's about them skipping out on it to save a good ten to fifteen minutes getting there. Anyway as already stated it appears the toll plaza is being moved back anyway.

niteobsrvr

Did the golf course go as part of the Four Seasons deal? From what I've been able to gather, this new development, and the hotel will all be intertwined with the Eagle Pines GC. The main entrance seems to be straight off the north end of Bonnet Creek Pkwy. Then again, I can't convince Google maps to do hourly updates, so I'm not really sure.

Yes the entrance is Directly at the end of Bonnet Creek. The picture included in the Sentinel article http://thedailydisney.com/blog/2010/06/disney-begins-pre-sales-for-luxury-residential-development/ was taken from the right side of the entrance facing toward Fort Wilderness. Directly to the photographers left or to the left of the photo is the intersection of Vista Blvd and Bonnet Creek Blvd.

niteobsrvr

Well they can't have a yacht it's not attached to MK by any water ways. I get your point but it's not about them skipping out on paying because they are cheap. It's about them skipping out on it to save a good ten to fifteen minutes getting there. Anyway as already stated it appears the toll plaza is being moved back anyway.

A yacht wouldnt be possible but If Disney chose to build a small lock and modify some of the golf course bridges, assuming they are still there, then a Sassagoula River type boat would entirely be possible running from the resort passed the campground and into Bay Lake.

However, Disney has already stated the residents will have PRIVATE VIP transportation available to them. You can rest assured that will not be Disney Buses regardless of what some Bus Drivers will want you to believe.:hammer:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Not being able to rent these units out on a short term basis kinda stinks. I understand there thinking but I think this will hurt sales for these type of units. Definitely a retirement community. Or a ghost town. :eek:
Not really. When communities lake this are allowed to rent short term many of the homes are purchased as an investment property. The investors think they can break even or make a little coin and have a residence in WDW for a month or two out of the year. If that does not pan out, which it often does not, the property tends to fall into disrepair. This clause helps to insure that the residents are actually members of the community and not just random renters.

This made me laugh... Aren't these residents living in 1.5 -8 million dollars homes? And they are going to skip the $12 parking(or whatever it is) the1 or 2 times a year they will be there. They will actually probably have their own captain bring them over in their own yacht anyway!!!
While I agree you would be surprised. Some of the most penny pinching, frugal, do any thing to save a buck people are the ones with 7 figure savings accounts. If there is a way to get around paying a $14 parking fee rest assured that they will.

DABIGCHEEZ

It says they would have Private VIP transportation, so they can leave the yacht and helicopter at home.:D

Not really. When communities lake this are allowed to rent short term many of the homes are purchased as an investment property. The investors think they can break even or make a little coin and have a residence in WDW for a month or two out of the year. If that does not pan out, which it often does not, the property tends to fall into disrepair. This clause helps to insure that the residents are actually members of the community and not just random renters.

While I agree you would be surprised. Some of the most penny pinching, frugal, do any thing to save a buck people are the ones with 7 figure savings accounts. If there is a way to get around paying a $14 parking fee rest assured that they will.

Thus, they have 7-figure bank accounts... ;)

GrumpyFan

With everything that's been built on Disney property, it seems the one thing that's missing would be large family cabins, capable of sleeping 10 or more people. I know they have the tree house villas, and their are some DVC villas that might fit this, but it just seems to me that building a dozen or so large sized cabins at Fort Wilderness would be a sure thing. My extended family will rent something this size around Christmas once every other year in the mountains of North GA or TN and everybody comes, maybe 15 or so. Something of this size, in the right price range, at WDW would be fantastic.

Buzzforprez

SO Walt came to Orlando to get away from the issues of congestion and secretly bought up all the land he could so that he wouldn't have people buying up land next to his place which would bar him from future expansion only to have those who were left to carry the torch sell out the land to "condo" developers. Can see it now. Wheres the lawsuit for affordable housing in LBV???????? Cannot just cater to the millionaires. Can see the smart ash attorney who brings that forward already.

Really bad decision. Only time will tell. IMHO

Can I get a few new attractions with the monies at least????????????????????? Not refurbed, or changed, but new!

And do they get refillable mugs at least for the price?:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom