News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElvisMickey

Well, it's now been almost 24 hours since the CDC made their big announcement yesterday. So far, I haven't seen anything online about one private company reverting back to mandatory masks indoors. When the CDC dropped the requirement in May, social media within a few hours was nothing but post after post each time a private company dropped their requirement. Just watched the opening bell on Wall Street, 50 people shoulder to shoulder without masks. I could be wrong, but I think you're going to see a "been there, done that" approach with this new guidance.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Well, it's now been almost 24 hours since the CDC made their big announcement yesterday. So far, I haven't seen anything online about one private company reverting back to mandatory masks indoors. When the CDC dropped the requirement in May, social media within a few hours was nothing but post after post each time a private company dropped their requirement. Just watched the opening bell on Wall Street, 50 people shoulder to shoulder without masks. I could be wrong, but I think you're going to see a "been there, done that" approach with this new guidance.
It is interesting I have seen no announcements of businesses restaurants or theme parks requiring masks again indoors (yet). Even schools in our area announced this morning that masks would be optional for kids. I think in most cases and places, people (who are vaccinated for sure) are done with masking

pdude81

It's harder to add staff to watch for mask compliance and set up messaging for enforcement when you're shorthanded than it is to remove these things. This one is going to take a little thought before a decision is made. They may even be trying to decide the fate of outdoor queues now that lines are massive. I don't think these two decisions are comparable

correcaminos

Okay, but everyone here keeps arguing more vaccinations will stop the spread. It clearly didn’t in Israel. I’m saying what I’ve said all along. This is a virus. In order for it to exist, it can’t kill us all off. The variants is its way of fighting to keep living and existing. This is literally natural selection. How do you explain how some people can be in a room full of sick people and not catch it? When all this came out, they kept saying certain blood types were more prone to catching it and being more severely sick. What happened to all that science? Because I truly think this virus does attack certain people more and more severely. If we could answer that, maybe we could actually find a vaccine that works. I have a client that just tested positive with the variant. Her husband was sick at the start of all this to the point where they thought he’d have to go to the hospital. She was around him the entire time and never caught it. She’s now fully vaccinated and caught it at a work party.
Did you look at the numbers in Israel? It clearly helped. It prevents severe disease. While cases are increasing, they are not skyrocketing. Like the US vaccine hesitancy isn't helping them either.

I've read this anti-vax disguise rhetoric before. There will not be better vaccines. End of story. Using anecdotal evidence to keep people from vaccination is dangerous at this point.

FYI about blood clots. There has been no link between clots and mRNA vaccines. Not even the one case in Australia was linked. https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/are-blood-clots-a-concern-with-mrna-vaccines
You have a far higher chance of developing clots with covid. If that is you in your profile pic, I get worries of medical stuff, but I do suggest you talk to medical people to be sure you are not spreading incorrect information in the future. Consider getting the mRNA vaccines too.

Last edited:

ElvisMickey

It is interesting I have seen no announcements of businesses restaurants or theme parks requiring masks again indoors (yet). Even schools in our area announced this morning that masks would be optional for kids. I think in most cases and places, people (who are vaccinated for sure) are done with masking
And I think that's the biggest reason why...how little compliance they're going to get from it and a h*ll of a lot more push back than they did the first time.

ElvisMickey

It's harder to add staff to watch for mask compliance and set up messaging for enforcement when you're shorthanded than it is to remove these things. This one is going to take a little thought before a decision is made. They may even be trying to decide the fate of outdoor queues now that lines are massive. I don't think these two decisions are comparable
I'm not specifically saying Disney, I'm talking about just regular places like grocery stores, Walmart, etc. Admittedly, I don't know what anyone is going to do. But so far there's been no action.

pdude81

I don't think ab
I'm not specifically saying Disney, I'm talking about just regular places like grocery stores, Walmart, etc. Admittedly, I don't know what anyone is going to do. But so far there's been no action.
I don't think anybody wants to be the first. But ultimately they either have to follow guidance or not. And people will demand answers of some kind this week.

KrzyKtty

Also, less than 20 hours isn't a lot of time. Went to the chiropractor today, he said he has been to busy to even look at the new guidance. He was going to look this weekend and change accordingly.

CJR

I tend to agree, and that's one thing that really makes me mad. I am treated as the ones who have not been vaccinated. It makes me feel almost like I did it for nothing. I am glad I took care of myself and my family, but in the overall goal I didn't do much to end all this, that's how I feel.

As far as lasting long, I am unsure. They (the CDC) have so much egg on their face, they won't make any changes for a while. Maybe till Spring.

Nah, it could be sooner than that if case numbers go down. They don't have to change the guidance again this time. It's written so that companies and local governments can easily remove their mask policies once their areas covid cases go down.

Keep in mind, it's up to the said businesses, state and local governments to even follow the CDC guidelines. In Florida, it's probably going to be individual businesses, since the local governments are prohibited from enforcement by the state. Some will, some probably won't. Usually the larger, more corporate businesses will.

---------

Anyone know if CM's are wearing masks indoors today? The parks are open. It would be hard to ask it of guests if CM's aren't required to follow guidance. My guess is that CM's will be told to wear masks indoors before Disney announces anything to guests.

ElvisMickey

Also, less than 20 hours isn't a lot of time. Went to the chiropractor today, he said he has been to busy to even look at the new guidance. He was going to look this weekend and change accordingly.
I hear you, and I can't speak to your chiro, but when the CDC dropped it in May, major businesses were dropping their mandate within a few hours.

Chi84

Premium Member
I don't think ab

I don't think anybody wants to be the first. But ultimately they either have to follow guidance or not. And people will demand answers of some kind this week.
I expect that local stores and businesses will wait for mandates from local government as opposed to making changes bases on CDC guidance. I't s important to remember that the CDC did not recommend across-the-board indoor masking for vaccinated people - just in areas with high or substantial transmission. The guidance is tied to location and numbers this time, which will pose an interesting scenario for attempts at implementation.

3WaltFans

I don't think ab

People who are in favor of masks, just keep wearing them or start wearing them if you want, why would you need an announcement of any kind or guidance.
Remember this is just a recommendation from the cdc

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They don’t mean closed like took a few days off.

They mean closed out of business not coming back.

Everyone lost their job and families that worked their entire lives to build that business are devastated.

I wonder how many restaurants shut down in a normal year by comparison?

pdude81

I expect that local stores and businesses will wait for mandates from local government as opposed to making changes bases on CDC guidance. I't s important to remember that the CDC did not recommend across-the-board indoor masking for vaccinated people - just in areas with high or substantial transmission. The guidance is tied to location and numbers this time, which will pose an interesting scenario for attempts at implementation.
True, but they do also have a very specific map for what those mean. But local stores and businesses don't have the ability to "blame" an unpopular policy on corporate, and will suffer for it. In some places, politicians have stepped in to the process and usurped medical authorities, so as usual this will all be clear as mud.

Disney, however, continually claims they are following CDC guidance. I guess we'll see

DisneyCane

Yes, there is real evidence.

Comparing the weeks of 7/3/20-7/9/20 and 8/17/20-8/23/20, new cases per 100,000 people in the Kansas counties with a mask mandate dropped 6%. Counties without a mask mandate saw new cases per 100,000 people increase 100% during that same period. That's a very big difference.
There were other variables also. No study has been able to be done where it compared masks vs. no masks as the only variable. Nobody can say with any degree of certainty to what degree masks reduce spread.

pdude81

People who are in favor of masks, just keep wearing them or start wearing them if you want, why would you need an announcement of any kind or guidance.
Remember this is just a recommendation from the cdc
Everything they do is a recommendation, and has been. And it's been rehashed unknown times about what the purpose of masks would be in this situation. It's about collective action to slow spread and not about one person's risk relative to the rest of the population. You may not agree with that, but if only the people who are careful wear them then you all have finally figured out how to make the masks useless.

Wilderness Nut

It still comes down to the need for the more people to get the vax. Even though those slim few who are vax'd that are testing positive, even a smaller amount of those are going to be transmitting. I would like to see who still doesn't step up for the vax once fully approved by FDA. That excuse seems to be one of the big hang ups for some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom