News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

dovetail65

The all out brawls , verbal and physical assaults on airlines are disturbing and captured on video. When I flew recently on United on a full flight there were no obvious disturbances , multiple reminders on the intercom system by the airline staff to keep masks on and warnings of possible arrest and fines by the airline for non compliance while in flight.
Our family flew maybe 20 times, I only flew once myself, but not a single family member has ever told me about an incidence either. There are very very few instances over all. There are also 186 cases of people hearts being messed up from the vaccine too, but the % is small, it doesn't mean we don't benefit as as whole society from taking it.

People not wanting to wear masks or airlines supposedly not wanting to police are not a reasons to lift a mask mandate, only the science matters, not what complainers and whiners want. And again I garantee I hate mask more than most.

Disney is one thing, Airports like Ohare and other large airports keeping the mask rules make sense to me.

DisneyCane

I never liked mask adnI am probably one of the biggest mask haters here, but to lift in September makes little sense to me. TO lift mask mandate at airports where everyone mixes before we have a chance to get through winter or give other countries a chance to get where we are at??

I Could see buses and trains within our country, but international Airports?
I think they are referring to the domestic mandates while onboard. I wish they would drop that ASAP. If you're not vaccinated and you don't want to risk COVID then don't fly. Breathing already low density cabin air through a mask on a long flight is not a very pleasant experience. At least I've yet to see any flight attendant enforce the put the mask back on in between bites or sips rule.

GimpYancIent

I think they are referring to the domestic mandates while onboard. I wish they would drop that ASAP. If you're not vaccinated and you don't want to risk COVID then don't fly. Breathing already low density cabin air through a mask on a long flight is not a very pleasant experience. At least I've yet to see any flight attendant enforce the put the mask back on in between bites or sips rule.
What happened to the ultra medical grade HEPA filter air filtration system commercial aircraft have that negates any COVID19 spread fears while flying?

CaptainAmerica

They're not going to drop it before the current order is set to expire. The flight attendants would probably strike.

willtravel

Southwest did to us recently.

Lilofan

Several verbal reminders on the intercom on my United full flight to put mask back on between drink/eat. Reminders of fines and arrest for non compliance. No Karens making a scene on masking on my flight. They would definitely get their infamous fame getting filmed and put on YouTube if that happens.

TrojanUSC

Several verbal reminders on the intercom on my United full flight to put mask back on between drink/eat. Reminders of fines and arrest for non compliance. No Karens making a scene on masking on my flight. They would definitely get their infamous fame getting filmed and put on YouTube if that happens.
Saw a woman on a JetBlue flight slowly eating M&Ms and refusing to mask up in between bites. They told her two times, on the third they gave her a yellow slip and had cops/managers meet her at the arrival gate.

GimpYancIent

I was keeping it simple. But even pre-vaccine, spread on an aircraft during flight was low risk due to the air change out and filtration.
Ok if risk is so miniscule then what's the panic and major news stories w the airlines about masks then. I suggest to anyone that wants to travel but does not need to fly, DON'T. Unless absolutely necessary! Don't give the airline's the opportunity to abuse you.

jaklgreen

Saw a woman on a JetBlue flight slowly eating M&Ms and refusing to mask up in between bites. They told her two times, on the third they gave her a yellow slip and had cops/managers meet her at the arrival gate.

That is probably the best way to handle it. To continually confront these people is escalating things. It is sad that grown adults can't follow the rules but if it takes something extreme, like having the cops called and being banned from flying, then I am all for it. More people need to reap the consequences of their actions.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Airplanes have HEPA filters? When did this happen? Maybe they decided to use all the baggage money they've been milking from people to install HEPA filters? You think maybe that was it?

Or do you think maybe the airplane doesn't use any filters whatsoever so that air is just recirculated air over and over and over again blowing right back into people's faces?

I'll think I'll go with option B.
Or it IS option A

DisneyCane

Airplanes have HEPA filters? When did this happen? Maybe they decided to use all the baggage money they've been milking from people to install HEPA filters? You think maybe that was it?

Or do you think maybe the airplane doesn't use any filters whatsoever so that air is just recirculated air over and over and over again blowing right back into people's faces?

I'll think I'll go with option B.
They've had them for a long time. They were there before COVID and were major reason no flight was a super spreader early on.

Fresh air comes in from outside continuously as well and is mixed with the recirculated air.

Flight crew are protected by OSHA and forcing people to work in a tube of recirculated dirty air would violate workplace safety.

DisneyCane

Or it IS option A

People may not notice but the pilots don't wear masks once the door is closed and there haven't been reports of major outbreaks among pilots. Considering they are not far apart and locked in a small room for hours, if the air wasn't clean pilots would have been out with COVID to the point that tons of flights would have been cancelled.

Magic Feather

People may not notice but the pilots don't wear masks once the door is closed and there haven't been reports of major outbreaks among pilots. Considering they are not far apart and locked in a small room for hours, if the air wasn't clean pilots would have been out with COVID to the point that tons of flights would have been cancelled.
The filters prevent COVID from spreading throughout the plane.

Masks prevent COVID from spreading to everyone within a ~5-6 ft radius.

Since Pilots/Co-Pilots are so far removed from passengers, masks aren’t necessary, but if one of them has COVID and masks are removed then the other will more than likely catch covid.

G00fyDad

Or it IS option A

I stand corrected. I sincerely had ZERO idea that they used HEPA filters on planes. Wow. I always figured that if someone stunk in the back of the plane that you were going to smell that in the front. Apologies! o_O

Lilofan

It was enforced. Continually would walk up and down the aisle after drinks/snacks given out and tell people to put mask on in between sips/bites.
I've not seen that on United. Just continued announcements on the intercom when finished with beverage and pretzel service. I waited for my free coffee on the plane. At the terminal where I was a small cup of coffee was $3.60 a cup which is robbery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom