Disney to reinvent the theme park shopping experience with new mobile app - Shop Disney Parks

Kman101

Really like the app. It's cool to be able to click on some items and see exactly where on the map they are located and it even says "low stock" if the store is low.

Jahona

Screenshot_2015-08-15-17-37-33.jpg

This gave me a laugh. Yeah it's that important.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Willing to sound stupid here if it gets me the answer I want ....
If I am still unable to get the app in Canada over the next week, will I be able to download it once I get to the resort on the 22nd?

I too, am so looking for the HM Dooney, ever since @MissM posted hers a few months ago.

LeeA

If I am still unable to get the app in Canada over the next week, will I be able to download it once I get to the resort on the 22nd?

I too, am so looking for the HM Dooney, ever since @MissM posted hers a few months ago.

Unfortunately if they don't put it in the Canadian App Store it won't appear when you arrive in park as your Apple ID (iTunes/App Store) account is not set to US.

It is possible to change your account location etc. in order to download the app but might be worth waiting.

Personally I'm hoping they release to other countries too - UK here.

Haylo

Every time I either click on an item, or start scrolling through one of the categories, it crashes on me :(. Love the idea of the app, but I wish it actually worked for me. Maybe I'll get lucky though and they'll get whatever glitch this is figured out before my trip next month so I'll be able to use it when I'm actually in the parks!

G00fyDad

Every time I either click on an item, or start scrolling through one of the categories, it crashes on me :(. Love the idea of the app, but I wish it actually worked for me. Maybe I'll get lucky though and they'll get whatever glitch this is figured out before my trip next month so I'll be able to use it when I'm actually in the parks!

I haven't had a problem with the app yet and I have been buring up my battery looking through the items I could buy. :) Try rebooting your device. There may be something running resident on the phone that is interfering with the app.

Haylo

I haven't had a problem with the app yet and I have been buring up my battery looking through the items I could buy. :) Try rebooting your device. There may be something running resident on the phone that is interfering with the app.

Yep, I've tried that (first thing I tried), tried uninstalling then reinstalling it, tried switching where the app was stored (sd card vs internal memory), tried switching between wifi and mobile data and tried being signed in vs. not being signed in and so far, nothing's worked.

You're probably right about something running on my phone that's causing causing it to crash. I have very few apps beyond the stock apps so if it IS something that's running causing it to crash, it's probably something that came with the phone that I have no control over. As much as I want to try out the app though, it's not worth doing a factory reset over to make it work. I guess I'll just have to hope that whenever Disney makes an update, everything will work itself out :).

MissM

I can't help you on the app for Canada, but I can tell you that the updated/redesigned HM bags have been readily available pack in the park for over a month now. (Previously, there was chipping issues with the corners so the letter carrier style and the pouchette/crossbody style now have black leather corners.) They've also released them to more stores, so MouseGear in Epcot and Co-Op in Downtown Disney will also have HM Dooneys sometimes in addition to Uptown Jewelers in MK. Currently available should be some combination of pouchette crossbody, letter carrier, smith and tote. At the very least, maybe you can use the app to search on property each style is available? If not, a CM can help you out. Good luck!

JenniferS

Premium Member
Unfortunately if they don't put it in the Canadian App Store it won't appear when you arrive in park as your Apple ID (iTunes/App Store) account is not set to US.

It is possible to change your account location etc. in order to download the app but might be worth waiting.

Personally I'm hoping they release to other countries too - UK here.
Sadly, that is what I thought. :(

Jon81uk

Not available in the UK boo hoo, would of liked to have been able to have a look even if I couldn't buy
Hopefully when they allow people to buy and collect at their resort they will open it up to UK guests. At present I assume the app can only ship to US addresses so this could be why it's not available to us.

MissM

Been wanting on for years but they never have the size I want.
I actually have the HM Satchel, but it's never been in the parks. It showed up for like a day on disneystore.com back in like April and hasn't been seen again anywhere since:

I originally had the letter carrier but it was too small for me so I sold that one to get the satchel. The new and improved letter carrier is a little bigger because the corners help give it more depth. I don't know what size you want (larger or smaller) but the LC is a decent size and if you like small, the pouchette crossbody is perfect. Then of course the Smith is HUGE! :p

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I actually have the HM Satchel, but it's never been in the parks. It showed up for like a day on disneystore.com back in like April and hasn't been seen again anywhere since:

I originally had the letter carrier but it was too small for me so I sold that one to get the satchel. The new and improved letter carrier is a little bigger because the corners help give it more depth. I don't know what size you want (larger or smaller) but the LC is a decent size and if you like small, the pouchette crossbody is perfect. Then of course the Smith is HUGE! :p
I want the satchel. I carry a bag about that size now. Smith is way to big reminds me of carrying a diaper bag.

JenniferS

Premium Member
@MissM or @RandomPrincess - Could either of you please tell what type of bag this is? Is it a champsac?
It is exactly the right size, fitting two pairs of glasses/cases, a thick Hello Kitty wallet, and a small case holding lip balm, pill vial, etc.

image.jpg

image.jpg

These are the two I bought last November:

image.jpg

This one is still in the wrapper. Which style is it please? (If you can tell.)

And this one, which I quickly realized did not really work for me, so I sold it to my SIL for $100, and bought the Sketch Champsac.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom