Disney to reinvent the theme park shopping experience with new mobile app - Shop Disney Parks

MissM

@MissM or @RandomPrincess - Could either of you please tell what type of bag this is? Is it a champsac?
It is exactly the right size, fitting two pairs of glasses/cases, a thick Hello Kitty wallet, and a small case holding lip balm, pill vial, etc.
Yeah I think that's the champsac. It's a nice style and size; not too big but not too small. I'm trying to think of what other prints has that style but I don't think any are current. I know they made it in the old tonal print as well as the buttons print but both of those are discontinued now.
brownmickeybag.jpg
51e7rMnNzcL._SY395_.jpg

OH! The new Beach print has a version of that style I think.

32275.jpg

But for Haunted Mansion specific, the closest in size would probably be the HM letter carrier since it's the larger LC size. (In some prints it's very little, but in others it's a bigger size.)

DSC00684_zpszjg7wilg.jpg

image-jpg.106231

This one is still in the wrapper. Which style is it please? (If you can tell.)
Oh that's black balloons in the drawstring. CUTE bag! I love that print. It's discontinued now too.

I have become waaaay too much of a Disney Dooney fanatic. I need to get a new "family portrait" of all my bags together because the collection keeps growing!! The addiction is real! :p :D

docandsix

Not too impressed so far. Perhaps I misunderstood, but I had the impression that the app promised access to merchandise available from any Disney park. Having just returned from Disneyland Resort (still and always will prefer WDW, by the way, especially if and when they return to maintaining and refurbishing the property the way they ought to (and still do in California)), I can say that this is certainly not the case. Many items, large and small, readily available at Disneyland and DCA are nowhere to be found on the app.

Also, searching "Dinoland" (or "Dino Land") turns up nothing. Is this a testament to the general lack of merchandise currently available in Orlando or to the less-than-comprehensive scope of the app?

MissM

So...interesting observation. SOME - but not ALL - items are priced higher in the App than they are in the parks, or even on DisneyStore.com For example, some of the Disney Dooney bags are more expensive in the app than they are on the website. But some are priced the same in the app and the website.

For example. the Sketch Letter Carrier is $128 on Disneystore.com but $158 in the App. The Sketch wristlet is $88 on ds and $98 app. The wallet is $128 ds but $158 app. Meanwhile, the backpack is the same ($248) in both places and other Dooney bags are priced the same either way. I was just at MK Sunday and the website prices were the same as the in-park prices.

ZX72lok1iJdnXekJeLeqM9u0j6EVZfIxFz7nURI_Qx9z=w1478-h988-no

Pricing error? Sign of increased prices on certain items to come?

Either way, it's odd.

So...interesting observation. SOME - but not ALL - items are priced higher in the app

Pricing error? Sign of increased prices on certain items to come?.

Maybe they don't charge shipping in the app and this is to make up for that? Anyone ordered anything to see what shipping will possibly be charged?

Shipping is quite high actually - upwards of $35 for a single Dooney purse.

Oh my! That is absurdly high! In fact it's so high I would say Disney is praying on families who forgot to purchase something while at the parks or lost something! With that rate I can't see how the third party sellers will lose business, at least they ship most things for under $10 (which I still think is high, but $35! For a bag! It's not like you were getting a ceramic lamp, you know, something HEAVY!). Jeez!

dreamfinder

Oh my! That is absurdly high! In fact it's so high I would say Disney is praying on families who forgot to purchase something while at the parks or lost something! With that rate I can't see how the third party sellers will lose business, at least they ship most things for under $10 (which I still think is high, but $35! For a bag! It's not like you were getting a ceramic lamp, you know, something HEAVY!). Jeez!

Historically the ship to home prices have always been based on cost of the transaction, and not the weight or size of the item. Sometimes they come out ahead, sometimes the guest comes out ahead. Over the long run it's a wash.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
With this why bother visiting the parks at all (If you are a Disney collector), Another example of stooping for pennies while dollars fly overhead.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Because if you're a Disney collector I think the chances are you actually LIKE Disney and it's Theme Parks... more than I can say for some on this forum.

There is a big difference between liking Disney parks and the way they were run before Mr Stock Price is the only thing that matters Iger, and not liking the way they are run today which sacrifices so many of the things that made the 'Disney Difference' on the altar of the stock price.

DisDan

There is a big difference between liking Disney parks and the way they were run before Mr Stock Price is the only thing that matters Iger, and not liking the way they are run today which sacrifices so many of the things that made the 'Disney Difference' on the altar of the stock price.

Ohhh I get that, but just sayin' Disney has obviously gone sour in your mind and clinging to the past by adding negativity towards anything new Disney does is not the right way to go about it. Honestly, you seem like an educated person so I can only assume you know exactly what you are doing when every post that comes from your account pushes that anti-Disney agenda of yours.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Ohhh I get that, but just sayin' Disney has obviously gone sour in your mind and clinging to the past by adding negativity towards anything new Disney does is not the right way to go about it. Honestly, you seem like an educated person so I can only assume you know exactly what you are doing when every post that comes from your account pushes that anti-Disney agenda of yours.

My agenda is against the way the parks are managed NOW.

I'm a long time DVC member and I have more than 800 points that I've had for a very long time. I'm very sour about my last few DVC visits due to broken major appliances in a Grand Villa. These are the types of issues which should NEVER happen in a hotel's top class of accomodation. And no Disney was not gracious about fixing the issues. No I did not want free swag I just wanted things like the refrigerator to work I guess that's entirely unreasonable for a room which rents for $3000/Night.

This is OT if you want more PM me.

MissM

So...interesting observation. SOME - but not ALL - items are priced higher in the App than they are in the parks, or even on DisneyStore.com For example, some of the Disney Dooney bags are more expensive in the app than they are on the website. But some are priced the same in the app and the website.

For example. the Sketch Letter Carrier is $128 on Disneystore.com but $158 in the App. The Sketch wristlet is $88 on ds and $98 app. The wallet is $128 ds but $158 app. Meanwhile, the backpack is the same ($248) in both places and other Dooney bags are priced the same either way. I was just at MK Sunday and the website prices were the same as the in-park prices.

ZX72lok1iJdnXekJeLeqM9u0j6EVZfIxFz7nURI_Qx9z=w1478-h988-no

Pricing error? Sign of increased prices on certain items to come?

Either way, it's odd.
Just to update myself...prices went up on Disneystore.com today. They are now the higher prices seen in the app. I presume they have also gone up in the parks as well though I'm not there to verify. Boo.

Innkeeper's Club

Does anyone have an idea when Canadians are able to download this? I tried updating my iTunes account with a United States address and I thought it worked because I was able to see it in the app in the App Store, however when I clicked download it said I needed a US account. Today when I search for it obviously it won't even show up if you have a Canadian account like I do. It's not even listed with the other Disney apps when you search for it like that. I'm thinking the first time there is an update maybe it will include Canadian customers, however it has not been updated yet since it got released on August 15th.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom