Disney to reinvent the theme park shopping experience with new mobile app - Shop Disney Parks

Jon81uk

I hope this will allow us to have things shipped to the room for our arrival without having to go through Disney cha Ching flourist

Given that anything you purchase in the parks is only shipped to the resort gift shop, I think they won't start shipping direct to room again. The Florist items are gifts to be in your room on arrival, not merchandise really.

asianway

I fully support this! I seem to always loose the phone number to merchandise purchasing. I bought the Red White and Blue Mickey pens for coworkers at work. Unfortunately I miss counted and ran one short, for my boss. It took me a while of searching to find the number to have one shipped to me. On a side note there was no tax and the shipping was free.

I think in order for third party resellers to survive they are going to have to change a bit. Collecting certain things that are seasonal or buying and holding on to items to sell them after they have left Disney's inventory.
Its on every receipt...

aw14

this is going to a fun and costly little app.

There is always something I regret not getting, now I can avoid such regret ;)

mikenatcity1

While I like this idea (because all too often I can't get to the park to get something, or forgot something) I hate the idea because now things could get sold out so much quick AND end up on Ebay...I also think that part of the fun of going to the parks is the shopping...now you can do that from home, it's takes out the exclusive-ness of it...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I see that it will link for AP & DVC discounts, but what about Disney Visa discount? I do all my shopping at WOD to get that discount (as little as it is).
Not sure about anything outside of AP and DVC at the moment.

Innkeeper's Club

The second the app is available all your monies will belong to Disney :p
I say it's no different when I'm already at WDW and spend a lot at the World of Disney.

Besides I like to download it to keep up to date on the theme park merchandise. I already do that when going on the Disney Store website, but this will show even more items.

Fox&Hound

Wow, I can feel myself getting poorer.

Very cool idea. I will have to find the willpower to stay away from the app right before my next visit though so the merchandise will seem new. I'd hate to feel like I have seen it all already- but I guess no one if forcing me to use the app =)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom