Disney to outsource making of some Audio Animatronics

bdedon2

They are outsourcing a few things like It's a Small World dolls which are so basic why waste time and money building them in the States if China can make them cheaper and since they have no quality to them that won;t be an issue. Next they should send the production of the painted flats for dark rides to China as so many rides have them and they most likely pay a fortune in America for them.

And please stop moaning about jobs going to China! America created that trend because most of you want cheap, cheap, cheap* and lot's of everything*. Now you must pay with your jobs for the cheap prices and soon it's all most of the country will be able to afford. You make your bed you must lie in it as the old saying goes.

*See case in point you created the monster Walmart.

So its OK to have cheap junk in the parks when we all pay premium prices to spend our vacations there?

Who's charging a fortune in the USA?

USA created a cheap trend? Last I recall, the citizens did not vote on NAFTA or open policy to trade with China (a communist country). That was all politics driven by corporate america.

Case in point, Wal-Mart? Due to jobs being shipped overseas, people have no choice but to shop cheap. That is due to Wal-Mart moving in and shutting down mom & pop's and leaving the community with no choice but to shop and work there. Why? so the politicians could collect taxes off the junk that is sold to benefit their back pocket and I guess strengthen a communist nation.

and, moaning? No, we are expressing a concern so something can be done instead of sitting back and saying oh well I'll take what they give me. Did you get that?

Katherine

Let the economic mechanisms work. Stop tooting that trade is bad because it's not... if it were bad no one would do it. China's economy is gaining speed and prices are rising over there. Right now the US is in a good place for exporting to EU nations because we can produce comparatively cheaper goods. Many people that are out of work right now in America do not have the skills to make the AA's required by disney... so stop arguing that other nations are "taking American jobs". What is an American job? We live in a global economy now and the days of working for the same company for your entire professional life are dwindling.

If WDI cannot find enough engineers/robot technicians then let them use other companies. Yes America is corporate... get over it. Everyone is a part of the machine (as much as I'd like to say otherwise).

If everyone preferred the mom and pop stores then they should have shopped there more so that Wal-Mart and the two stores could have both stayed in business. The fact is that people will buy cheap because then they can have more disposable income to spend on things like... i don't know... vacations to disney world.

Now I don't like that disney is sending some stuff to outside firms because I would like to be an imagineer some day so this might reduce the number of entry level jobs but if I were an imagineer now I'd rather spend my time and resources on making incredible rides rather than worrying about another failed IASW doll.

The fact is disney is a company and will continue to operate as such until further notice. If it is in its best interest financially then it will outsource.

However, I do not support the high CEO pay checks... they are ridiculous and are merely an entitlement in most cases rather than a necessity.

(OKay I'm done... if you disagree please respond but there is no need to bite)

WDWFigment

So its OK to have cheap junk in the parks when we all pay premium prices to spend our vacations there?

Who's charging a fortune in the USA?

USA created a cheap trend? Last I recall, the citizens did not vote on NAFTA or open policy to trade with China (a communist country). That was all politics driven by corporate america.

Case in point, Wal-Mart? Due to jobs being shipped overseas, people have no choice but to shop cheap. That is due to Wal-Mart moving in and shutting down mom & pop's and leaving the community with no choice but to shop and work there. Why? so the politicians could collect taxes off the junk that is sold to benefit their back pocket and I guess strengthen a communist nation.

and, moaning? No, we are expressing a concern so something can be done instead of sitting back and saying oh well I'll take what they give me. Did you get that?

I think the idea is that Wal-Mart does not just magically sustain itself. Millions of Americans silently endorse its practices on a daily basis by swiping their charge cards at its checkouts. My guess is that some of those same people are complaining here about outsourcing. If that many people really had problems with Wal-Mart and comparable retailers, they should do more than just run their mouths about it. Had they, Wal-Mart would not have replaced the mom-and-pop retailers. Wal-Mart got where it is by being a mom-and-pop that was really good at what it did.

As for CEO salaries, again, if you dislike the salary, voice that dislike by not financially supporting a given entity (or, if money allows, by stock so your voice actually has some meaning behind it...but realistically, this probably isn't feasible for most). I'm of the opinion that a CEO is the single most important individual to any company, and, much like a professional athlete, their salary is justified by the returns of the business as a whole, and their proportionate contribution to that success. It may seem exorbitant, but hey, so are profits. Quite honestly, the person working the assembly line or vending hot dogs is indispensable. Their abilities are easily replaceable with just about anyone else from the workforce. The CEO's brain or slugger's hand-eye coordination make them infinitely more valuable and difficult to replace.

uklad79

So because it's cheap it's junk? I guess you haven't seen all the expensive junk in all the stores at Disney so well done for being the only person that has managed to avoid every store at WDW.

No one made you buy Chinese goods you did that off your own back. By doing that you proved Corporate America right in their assumtion you would by any old crap made anywhere by anyone as long as it was cheap. If you didn't buy it then they wouldn't make it in China.

Poor excuse of why you shop at Walmart. Walmart is a creation of the American people, not of Corporate America. Walmart never shut anybody's "mom & pop" store YOU did the people shopping at Walmart. Open your eyes and accept it's your fault, you are like kids all blaming someone else. No one made you shop their you choose to. Then the more you shopped and demanded lower prices the more Walmart sourced from China to keep up with your demands to buy cheap things you don't really need. You put your fellow Americans out of work so don't blame anyone else.

You are moaning because all you want to do is blame someone else and not do anything about it except moan it's not your fault.

If Disney outsources to China it's most likely because there will be savings and if we all demand new rides and attractions often then it's just like Walmart, the savings have to be made some how so in the long run we can have more.

WDWFigment

Hardly, but you do get an A for the ad hominem argument.:rolleyes:

Oh, I don't necessarily disagree with your assertion (that companies in other countries make inferior products), but without factual foundation, it's merely your opinion presented as fact. Sorry if it seemed as if I was just trying to attack you because I couldn't refute the assertion.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
If Disney outsources to China it's most likely because there will be savings and if we all demand new rides and attractions often then it's just like Walmart, the savings have to be made some how so in the long run we can have more.
Who said that Disney is outsourcing to China?

This is not about China.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
C`mon guys. This is getting political. bdedon2 - that`s against site rules. There will be a big padlock heading this way unless we get back OT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom