Disney to open DVC Preview Center in the Chicago area

rdour@techminds

Hmmmm, will people be able to book vacations there too? Wouldn't that make sense? Book a Disney vacation in person with a cast member. After the trip, receive a greeting card inviting you to come back and learn about how to extend the magic with a DVC membership.

At WDW, and at DLR, many convincing things exist. This is especially true for the state of mind someone may be in while experiencing a Disney resort. The issue is that you aren't in that state of mind while at the mall. I'll be very curious to see how things go at the new location. My curiosity is if they'll have some way to get people into the Disney spirit.

Personally I think an elaborate attraction simulator may help people out. Wishful thinking.

Ryan

jmvd20

I need more DVC, can't get enough of it...

So much room in this world - so few DVC kiosks, so few DVC resorts, please give me a DVC kiosk or at least a billboard on every corner. This would truly make me a happy person.

What I would really love is if every ride at WDW had an audio plug about DVC and perhaps even a sign. On Pirates they could place a flashing neon sign in the town scene, SSE could have nothing but DVC on the new descent scene - that would be awesome!

Krozar

The DVC kiosks will stalk all of us.

From the parks, to the back of the buses, to thew airport, to the home airport, and now... OUR OWN NEIGHBORHOODS.

We will all be assimilated into DVC members. Resistance is futile.

Erika

Oh man :lol: How did I miss this before?

I am from Schaumburg, spent most of my life there, lived 28 years in the area, spoke with Schaumburg patients for 12 years, and all I can say is, Woodfield is pretty close to perfect for this. :lol: That place has changed dramatically since the addition of the Nordstrom wing. Ryan, I understand your point about needing to be in a state of mind, but don't underestimate the adrenaline of a woman shopping :eek:

DVC is not for me personally but I am betting they will be able to drum up more than a few customers.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
The special preview for DVC members in the Chicagoland area is Aug 1-3. You need to make an appointment for the preview. We are all hoping there are freebies. We are scheduled for 6:00 pm on Aug. 1st.

The official opening for everyone is Aug. 4th. We will be attending that as well. Mickey and friends will be there for the opening. I'm debating if I should wear my Mickey Ears hat for that one. :)

Will report on this after we attend it.

Zz.

CastMemberJean

Cant wat to meet you at the preview

The special preview for DVC members in the Chicagoland area is Aug 1-3. You need to make an appointment for the preview. We are all hoping there are freebies. We are scheduled for 6:00 pm on Aug. 1st.

The official opening for everyone is Aug. 4th. We will be attending that as well. Mickey and friends will be there for the opening. I'm debating if I should wear my Mickey Ears hat for that one. :)

Will report on this after we attend it.

Zz.

mainstreet1997

Me too! Buzzin out of work and heading a couple miles down the road for some Disney magic

/me digs out her DVC tshirt

ZapperZ

Original Poster
I'm one of the DVC cast members that will be at the Doorway to Dreams. I will be at guest services Saturday from 1 to close. Come down and say hi :wave: . I'd love to meet ya.
Jean

We will try. Our plans have changed. We have a 6:00 pm appointment on Aug. 1st (today) which we are still going to, but we may be out of town on Aug. 4th. So we might not get to the opening festivities.

If we are, I'll be sure look for you.

Zz.

FanofDinsey1981

My family is going up to check it out on saturday, probably around 10 am. I will try and get some pictures of it to post. We have been talking about it for weeks already, it is our disney fix for the summer!

ZapperZ

Original Poster
I just got back from the DVC members preview of the Disney Doorway to Dreams. I posted the pictures here if you would like to see them.

Anyway, it was fun with lots of free gifts. We went ahead and added another 110 points at SSR, because not only did they had a $10 discount and no closing fee, but also we get 110 complimentary points in addition to what we bought that we can use within the next 12 months. So now we have a total of 340 points, all at SSR.

Needless to say, it was a fun evening. :)

Edit: P.S. If you go and you are into pin trading, bring your trading pins! A few of the cast members were actually wearing lanyards with cast lanyard pins! And they will trade! :)

Zz.

FanofDinsey1981

I just got back from the DVC members preview of the Disney Doorway to Dreams. I posted the pictures here if you would like to see them.

Anyway, it was fun with lots of free gifts. We went ahead and added another 110 points at SSR, because not only did they had a $10 discount and no closing fee, but also we get 110 complimentary points in addition to what we bought that we can use within the next 12 months. So now we have a total of 340 points, all at SSR.

Needless to say, it was a fun evening. :)

Edit: P.S. If you go and you are into pin trading, bring your trading pins! A few of the cast members were actually wearing lanyards with cast lanyard pins! And they will trade! :)

Zz.

Congrats on getting more points! And it sounds like a good deal too. Do you know if they are going to run that deal for a while? Mom and dad are members at OKW, though I don't know if they would want to add more points or not.

And thanks for the photos!

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Congrats on getting more points! And it sounds like a good deal too. Do you know if they are going to run that deal for a while? Mom and dad are members at OKW, though I don't know if they would want to add more points or not.

And thanks for the photos!

You're very welcome.

I'm not sure how long they are going to run the deal. I know they're offering it to every DVC members who are attending the DVD Member Preview. Whether they will still offer it to members on or after the official opening on Aug. 4th, that part I don't know.

Still, if anyone can make it, you should. I hear they'll be giving away a few free stuff, some of which you can already get now at the Info desk at Woodfield Mall, like buttons and pins.

Zz.

batman3101

I was at the 8:00 event last night with my parents. The promotion we were told will be good for a week. My wife and I are interested in getting our own membership. For new members, you get either the discount on points or you get the bonus points, not both. The rooms were beautiful and there were plenty of freebies.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
I was at the 8:00 event last night with my parents. The promotion we were told will be good for a week. My wife and I are interested in getting our own membership. For new members, you get either the discount on points or you get the bonus points, not both. The rooms were beautiful and there were plenty of freebies.

Oh, were you in line waiting to get in? I was one of those walking out with a bag and a "Magic Kingdom" T-shirt. :)

Too bad they're not giving both to new members. I would take the discount on points, since the complimentary points are only good for a year.

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
I've posted pictures of all the goodies that we got during the DVC preview to the Disney's Doorway To Dreams. The Mickey Ears hat was the nice one.

We won't be able to make it to the Grand Opening tomorrow. So it would be nice to know if they are giving away other special stuff. Anyone going and can post reports? :)

Zz.

FanofDinsey1981

I've posted pictures of all the goodies that we got during the DVC preview to the Disney's Doorway To Dreams. The Mickey Ears hat was the nice one.

We won't be able to make it to the Grand Opening tomorrow. So it would be nice to know if they are giving away other special stuff. Anyone going and can post reports? :)

Zz.

OOOO we are free stuff kind of people. My mom, dad, sister and I are heading up early tomorrow, we are hoping to be there for the 10 AM opening. I have my camera ready to go to take pics. I will try to get them up sometime on monday!

ZapperZ

Original Poster
OOOO we are free stuff kind of people. My mom, dad, sister and I are heading up early tomorrow, we are hoping to be there for the 10 AM opening. I have my camera ready to go to take pics. I will try to get them up sometime on monday!

Excellent! Please get as many pictures as you can. I would love to see them.

Zz.

GoofyMagic

Doorway to Dreams Show

I video taped the stage show Saturday...I am editing it together and will post it as soon as I get it online if anyone's interested...

Man do I wish I was able to get one of those bags...those were at the event at the Improv?

ZapperZ

Original Poster
I video taped the stage show Saturday...I am editing it together and will post it as soon as I get it online if anyone's interested...

That would be great! I'd love to see it. Did they give out any freebies? I want to know what stuff I missed.

Man do I wish I was able to get one of those bags...those were at the event at the Improv?

Yes. They were giving goodie bags to everyone who attended the preview. You can also win more goodies by getting selected to answer a trivia question while you wait (and while you snack on food) for your turn to go see the store.

Zz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom