Disney to open DVC Preview Center in the Chicago area

DisneyPhD

Anyone know if DVC has plans to open other store fronts around the country?

I read a post on another "Dis" board where someone at the preview had talked with Jim Lewis. He said that the response was huge and that they were prepared to move quickly into other market areas.

FanofDinsey1981

Ok, here is my 'trip report'!

My family made it to the mall about 10:45 AM, and walked in to see the middle of the mall (1st floor) already lined up to see the characters. At 11 AM, they had a big ol' celebration, DIsney style, complete with gift give aways and characters and music and dancin'. The characters were Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Lilo and Stitch, and Goofy and Pluto (of what we could see). We decided against standing in line to take pictures, and headed right up to the DVC area.

I do have some pictures, but they are pretty much repeats of Zz's that were posted eariler.

The line was only about 20 people deep to get in the store front, so we waited in line (how VERY disney), but there were several helpful cast members there to hand out mickey ears and tell us about the store. Once we entered, we were shown the way to the AKL 1 bedroom and studio. All I have to say is....they have outdone themselves with the rooms. They are beautiful, and so much detail. My mom loved the tile in the master bathroom (it looked like a panaramic view of the wild!), and I loved the lace curtains that had rafiki, simba, and other lion king characters weaved in. My dad like the flatscreen tvs. My sister liked...everything.

After the walk-thru (in which I totally forgot to take pics), we signed up for the 1 pm presentation at the Improv. There were a few cast members handing out buttons, pins, lapel pins (including one for the AKL, with a price tag of at least 8 bucks if bought at WDW!). After, we headed out to get some lunch before the crowd decided to eat, so we headed for the Rainforest Cafe (again, how very DTD of us!). We had a delicious lunch while chatting about disney and DVC, and then we headed up to the Disney Store to check out what they had.

We then headed over to the Improv to do the 1 pm presentation. Our nerdy family sat front row, and we were used as the 'example' family. We were the only ones there who were already DVC members. The presentation lasted about an hour, and it was very well done. Instead of being something that was pressure filled and very in your face (which other timeshares presentations are), it was very ...opposite of that. They gave out some door prizes including realllly nice umbrellas, and a few of the nice tote bags. My dad was given one for being the 'example' family.

We chatted with the guy who did the presentation, and they were aparently running deals for those already DVC members (Zz mentioned them in his post). My parents mulled it over, but eventually decided that 110 more points were not necessary, and he may call in this week to add the minimum of 25 on.

As we walked out, they had 'thank you' bags, which had the same stuff as what Zz got, including the duffle bag, dream book, and door hanger. It seemed like the interest was quite high for those who did stay to talk with a rep as we walked passed the room housing the DVC cast members.

After, we did a bit more shopping and got a slice of cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory (NUMMMMMY). And then we headed home talking about DVC and disney. My sister is very interested in buying in for herself, and I am thinking that some day in the future I may do it as well. But for now, I will stick with mom and dad and their 310 points. :)

Oh, and I forgot to mention that there were cast members swarming the entire mall, handing out stuff and telling people where to go. It was great seeing a bit of disney magic outside of disney!

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Thank you! That was a great report. Like you, I was so impressed by the room model, I forgot to take pictures of it! The master bathroom was just spectacular - it was the size of a small room!

With our additional 110 points plus the 110 complimentary points, we are making plans to being a couple of friends with us to stay at AKL next Feb (the room with a savanah view, if we can get it). One of our friends will be celebrating her 60th b'day, and this will be our gift to her. So already the extra points are coming in hand. Besides, we have to use up the complimentary points by next August anyway. :)

Zz.

justducky78

My husband and I (and my in-laws) just toured the DVC stores at Woodfield last night. We were really impressed and received a bag of info on the DVC as well as buttons, pins and a door hanger. My in-laws are planning to buy next year so we are psyched!!! So exciting to have a bit of the magic so close to home.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Has anyone been to the Disney's Doorway To Dreams store lately? I went to see it today for the first time since they had the DVC Member preview when they were about to open. It looks the same, but all the cast members now wear lanyards. We got to trade pins with all of them.

But what was more interesting is that they also have new Mickey Ears Hat! The ones they handed out last time were the typical black Mickey Ears hat with the Disney's Doorway To Dreams logo. The one that have now is a lot more unique. Here are a couple of pictures.

img1004rd0.jpg

img1009nx3.jpg

They are giving them out if you ask for them or go for a tour of the DVC model rooms. We had a terrific time there talking with the cast members and trading pins. It is sort of a warm up for our trip to WDW next week. :)

Zz.

mainstreet1997

It is sort of a warm up for our trip to WDW next week. :)

Zz.

Zapper,

What a great idea! We leave next week too and this might be something to get us in the mood (oh wait too late!) I might just have to take a trip over to Woodfield tomorow or one day this week on my break!

Have a great trip!

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Zapper,

What a great idea! We leave next week too and this might be something to get us in the mood (oh wait too late!) I might just have to take a trip over to Woodfield tomorow or one day this week on my break!

Have a great trip!

Wait, you're not going to the pin event at Animal Kingdom also, are you? :)

Hope you have a good trip as well!

Zz.

PinMadness

Zz.

Z! :wave:

Brian and I got those fun ears when we went to Woodfield! I was so excited!!!

We will be in Disney next weekend too (to look at apartments for my internship). Maybe we'll run into each other!

mainstreet1997

Zz.

LOL. Nope. Im not really a pin person. I just buy one pin per trip as a memory of somethign I saw or did. Only going to Animal Kingdom on Wednesday morning. 4 days to Florida -- 6 days to Disney!

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Z! :wave:

Brian and I got those fun ears when we went to Woodfield! I was so excited!!!

We will be in Disney next weekend too (to look at apartments for my internship). Maybe we'll run into each other!

Oh, that's wonderful!

If you get there early, there's a pin trading night open to the public on Friday night at Coronado, the day before the Expedition Pin event. We will be there.

Cheers!

Z.

kwdsports

New Members!

Just closed yesterday and our new home is SSR! We loved the Woodfield staff! Diane is great! They all went out of their way to make things work for us!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom