News Disney to offer discount on new MagicBand designs as an optional alternative to complimentary solid color MagicBands

jrogue

Here's what I've noticed - restocks around 8-10am EST and 3-4pm EST over the past couple of weeks.
Thanks so much! Will keep fingers crossed and an eye out during those times :) Looks like early birds definitely catch the worm in this case!

LaughingGravy

Gee, Maxpass at DL worked on my cellphone for my whole party of 4 for the entire trip, and if 1 or 2 wanted to branch out and take a different fastpass, they just needed to have the app on their phone and choose different fastpasses, and they would have only needed one phone for say, the two of them. No plastic and RFIDs. DW didn't need to have a smartphone either ( she prefers a flip phone).
One smartphone for the party of 4. It was lovely.
And, we didn't need to schedule out things months in advance. It's not able to be activated and fastpasses can't be picked until the ticket holder is actually in the park.
We picked upcoming fastpasses once we were in the fastpass return queue after scanning in waiting to get on the ride.
FP+ and magic bands are in the dark ages.

WDWFanDave

This reminds me of the early days of the roll out of magic bands - Disney showing how incredibly terrible they are with digital experiences. I've tried day after day, various times through the day, and every time I pick one that shows up and try to add it, it gives me an error message. Another massive fail, in my opinion.

RememberWhen

My wife and I are now the proud owners of Rainbow Mickey bands and Spaceship Earth bands!

44d17cb8-3c1a-4a9c-83d7-4a2dd22424eb-jpeg.384578

8521bd46-8d68-4411-900a-e20d9bd53056-jpeg.384577
Those are the two I like! Sadly I have no upcoming trips so I can order them.

TOCPE82

Currently nothing has been up except the plain colors since Friday.

Waiting on the one my daughter reaaaaallyy wants (ELSA) to come back in stock, and guest relations says there is absolutely nothing they can do since it WILL be in stock by then. So I'm holding them to that. Out trip is August first, so we are getting down to the wire.

Luckily, I ordered the one I wanted using our AP Magic Band order. My wife is super flexible and just wants a cute one, so we have that going for us.

I am still VERY annoyed at how this whole thing has been rolled out. Super bad show and guest experience. It's a good thing WDW vacations are cheap, right?

Mikey73181

After emailing them a week ago and originally getting a canned response that apologized for my inconvenience and saying they would look into it, which seemed like it would be the end of it, I received another response today saying they created a new order for the bands I didn't properly get. I opened up my MDE tho and the only person who has an order for a new one is me, not my two kids, so I'm gonna try to email again and see if they can do the same for my kids since they ended up with duplicate colors instead of two different sets of bands for our split stay. Then I went and tried to look at the options for myself since my order is just me if there was anything good I could just order without trying to get all three at the same time, BUT they are once again back to only having the original solid 8 colors.

TOCPE82

After emailing them a week ago and originally getting a canned response that apologized for my inconvenience and saying they would look into it, which seemed like it would be the end of it, I received another response today saying they created a new order for the bands I didn't properly get. I opened up my MDE tho and the only person who has an order for a new one is me, not my two kids, so I'm gonna try to email again and see if they can do the same for my kids since they ended up with duplicate colors instead of two different sets of bands for our split stay. Then I went and tried to look at the options for myself since my order is just me if there was anything good I could just order without trying to get all three at the same time, BUT they are once again back to only having the original solid 8 colors.

Yup, this is super frustrating.

DocAlan02

Can I ask a different question here? Hopefully it's an easy one. We are headed to WDW on Wednesday. My daughter made a late decision to join us for part of the trip. We already had our magic bands sent to us (the plain ones, as the new options were not showing at the time I selected). She was not added to the package because she is only coming for 4 of our 7 days. We bought her a 4 day park hopper. My understanding is that we would need to buy a magic band when we get there if she wants one. We have several of them from our last trip, though. Is there a way to assign her new ticket to one of those bands so we don't have to buy one?
Thanks!

bigkbull

Can I ask a different question here? Hopefully it's an easy one. We are headed to WDW on Wednesday. My daughter made a late decision to join us for part of the trip. We already had our magic bands sent to us (the plain ones, as the new options were not showing at the time I selected). She was not added to the package because she is only coming for 4 of our 7 days. We bought her a 4 day park hopper. My understanding is that we would need to buy a magic band when we get there if she wants one. We have several of them from our last trip, though. Is there a way to assign her new ticket to one of those bands so we don't have to buy one?
Thanks!

If she has one from that last trip then she can use it. Magic bands stay assigned to your MDE account and her new ticket will show up on her magic band.

DocAlan02

If she has one from that last trip then she can use it. Magic bands stay assigned to your MDE account and her new ticket will show up on her magic band.
She wasn't on the last trip, unfortunately. She last went in January of 2016 and doesn't know where that band is. Can she use one that belonged to me?

bigkbull

She wasn't on the last trip, unfortunately. She last went in January of 2016 and doesn't know where that band is. Can she use one that belonged to me?

My understanding is that she can not. There is no way to change the MDE account that a magic band is linked to. Best thing you can try is explain the situation when you check in and the CM *might* sprinkle a little pixie dust and give you a grey one for her to use. But there's absolutely no guarantee on that. Other than that you will just have to buy her one as you said.

jrogue

Just the solid colors have been up basically all weekend. Hoping this means good news for when they re-stock? Maybe they're working on all of their issues?

dreamfinder

Thanks!

If she gets added to the room reservation (which you technically should be doing), then she would be entitled to a complementary grey magic band at check in. As you have a package you would need to add her on arrival, potentially as a day guest only, and get the band at that time.

Bands are assigned to an MDE account, not to a ticket. And once linked, there is no way to unlink it from an MDE account to let someoen else use it.

DocAlan02

If she gets added to the room reservation (which you technically should be doing), then she would be entitled to a complementary grey magic band at check in. As you have a package you would need to add her on arrival, potentially as a day guest only, and get the band at that time.

Bands are assigned to an MDE account, not to a ticket. And once linked, there is no way to unlink it from an MDE account to let someoen else use it.

We will be adding her as a day guest once we arrive. I did not know, though, that they would give us a magic band at that time. That's perfect. Thanks!

Mikey73181

FINALLY got the "Mickey Its My Birthday" band this morning. At 7am there was only one besides the solid colors, but then around 10 I tried again and most of the previous choices were back up there, I figured id do it and once again get the error, but I made it all the way thru and paid and got a confirmation email this time with the picture of the one I wanted. It only took 6 weeks for it to work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom