News Disney to offer discount on new MagicBand designs as an optional alternative to complimentary solid color MagicBands

kbmb

It looks like they added a few more options from what was posted yesterday. I'm able to pick 2 of ours but the third person keep getting error messages (sorcerer mickey) Assuming it means that option is limited stock or out as if I switch to say Vader it goes through.

So I tried to get one of our bands and got the error message. I just kept clicking retry and eventually it went through (this was close to 25 mins later). Seems like their system isn't doing so well with realtime updates.

Disney Dad 3000

So I tried to get one of our bands and got the error message. I just kept clicking retry and eventually it went through (this was close to 25 mins later). Seems like their system isn't doing so well with realtime updates.

Yeah, it eventually let me add the 3rd preferred one, but unable to check out. Good times.

Dave B

What are we supposed to do if one of the bands we want is available but the other isn't? There isn't a way to lock in partial orders, right? I really wanted the Castle and my boyfriend wanted Epcot, but Epcot isn't available anymore :(. So do I just bite the bullet and lock in my Castle band and get a generic band for him since Epcot is gone?
epcot is back now

YankeeMouse

I was able to purchase two Spaceship Earth and two rainbow Mickey bands (for two upcoming reservations) a few minutes ago. I got the confirmation emails and my credit card was charged for each transaction. We shall see if I actually receive them or if I get the dreaded "sorry, we can't figure out how to send this to you" emails.
Checked yesterday for some Star Wars ones for August and got message that they were out of inventory. I'll check again.

Mikey73181

Of course these come out right as I’m getting home from work and have to go to bed. I quickly asked my kids which ones they wanted, was able to choose them all, then get an error message when I try to complete the order. By the time I wake up I’m betting they’ll be gone again.

kbmb

Anyone know what the Haunted Mansion band is? It's got the purple pattern but I can't find that on the ShopDisney site anywhere? Previously they had the Maid and Butler version......but this is different. Only time I remember this pattern was on the old MBs.

And if someone still has access (I don't since I placed my order) can you post a pic of that band here? I'm betting there's a good chance that one doesn't ship correctly ;)

Last edited:

Marianne75

We have a split stay so two sets of bands. I was able to get my husband's Spaceship Earth band a couple hours ago so I snagged it quick with two plain bands to complete that order. Just about 30 minutes ago I was able to get two Dole Whips and just tossed a plain band onto that order so I could complete it. Now everyone has one design and one plain. My card was already charged as well. Availability changes fast and the website sucks at keeping the list updated. It shows a band as available up until the checkout point, then kicks out whatever selection was made that was actually unavailable. However most of the time it will still list the unavailable band as an option and let you add it again until the checkout step where your order gets kicked back to the selection screen again. I messed around with picking different ones until it would allow me to complete the order. It's frustrating because it doesn't seem you'll find out if they are actually available until you go to check out.

cosmicgirl

Anyone know what the Haunted Mansion band is? It's got the purple pattern but I can't find that on the ShopDisney site anywhere? Previously they had the Maid and Butler version......but this is different. Only time I remember this pattern was on the old MBs.

And if someone still has access (I don't since I placed my order) can you post a pic of that band here? I'm betting there's a good chance that one doesn't ship correctly ;)
It was the first time I saw it anywhere, too. I'm not ordering for another few months so I don't know if it went through. I like it a lot!
MB_HM.jpg

kbmb

It was the first time I saw it anywhere, too. I'm not ordering for another few months so I don't know if it went through. I like it a lot!
View attachment 382965

Thank you very much for posting this. Will be interesting to see if that's what gets shipped. My order did go through with it and the invoice says the name - but my listing on the site doesn't show it while the rest of my family has theirs showing.

cosmicgirl

Thank you very much for posting this. Will be interesting to see if that's what gets shipped. My order did go through with it and the invoice says the name - but my listing on the site doesn't show it while the rest of my family has theirs showing.
It's been gone for a while now but I had made a screenshot of everything available 2.5 hours ago. From what I've read the consensus seems to be that you'll get your special band as long as the picture doesn't change to a plain band in your account, even if there's no image now.

DisneyGigi

Ordered the castle and Dartb Vader last night. I wanted Sorcerer Mickey but it kept saying error. Got the confirmation email so we will see....

999th Happy Haunt

I wish they gave us a picture of what the puck looks like on each band, I really like the new HM band but not sure if the puck in the middle is black or purple.

bee

My brother has a reservation in August and was trying for the Genie. He tried twice and got to checkout on the second try, but it never went through.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom