Disney to make daily announcements about new park offerings - 12 Days of Disney Parks Christmas

disney4life2008

This is a joke right?
1. Pixar Play Parade additions/Pixar Fest - Not a fan of this parade but nice to see some new things added.
2. Caribbean Beach Transformation pics - Meh
3. Food & Wine extended - Ugh..
4. Shanghai Toy Story Land - Bad move cloning HKDL rides, should have been all original rides. Lazy.
5. Skyliner Images - Looks good. Excited for this one.
6. Hong Kong Castle Expansion - Not a fan of how it looks really but this is old news. Nice to see Hong Kong get some attention though.
7. Moana continues to appear at Aulani - And? who cares. Doesn't require an announcement.
8. Broadway stars at Epcot's Art Festival - Whatever.
9. Russell and Dug take over Flights of Wonder - I'd prefer they didn't but I'll judge after I see the show. FoW is pretty old at this point.
10. Star Wars Cruise events - Yawn, getting sick of Star Wars, getting way over saturated.
11. Italian restaurant coming to Disney Springs - Fine.
12. Pixar Pier Reveal - One of Disney's worst moves. Makes no sense. Already have Cars Land, A Bugs Land, Toy Story Mania and a Monster's Inc ride, Might as well rename the entire park to Disney-Pixar Adventure... In fact it writes itself, change Tower of Terror in to the Incredibles, switch the Frozen musical out for a Coco one, Soarin and Rapids themed to UP, Little Mermaid, Jellyfish and Carousel in to Nemo, Goofy's Sky School in to Planes, Paradise Pier in to Toy Story Land, put in the Ratatouille ride and then M&Gs with Merida and Inside Out characters, put statues of the Good Dinosaur, Wall-E and Luxo and then change the entrance gate to the Pixar Studios one and make World of Color Pixar themed and it already has a Pixar parade so there you go. But that would be too easy for a nice cohesive park though wouldn't it.

Are these the announcements?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Are these the announcements?

They are indeed the announcements thru yesterday. There could be one or two missing, as a couple of days had two announcements, but those are the bulk of what's been announced in this marketing fluff campaign. And some people thought I was off my rocker (or negative, or cynical) thinking there would be little substance to these announcements...

Monorail_Red_77

That is the ugliest model for a Disney park 'land' I think I've ever seen! Holy cow!! I thought at first maybe my coloring was off on my screen.
I wonder if they are making the newer models like this so they can do their projection mapping on them later. Kinda like they did for Disney Springs modeling. Just a guess. that or they are getting lazy. LOL

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I wonder if they are making the newer models like this so they can do their projection mapping on them later. Kinda like they did for Disney Springs modeling. Just a guess. that or they are getting lazy. LOL

I'm of the opinion that projections are good when used well but used sparingly. Disney seems to be increasingly relying on them, so not sparingly, and while it's sort of neat, one could argue the point that projecting onto the ToT is not using them well, as an example.

montyz81

They are indeed the announcements thru yesterday. There could be one or two missing, as a couple of days had two announcements, but those are the bulk of what's been announced in this marketing fluff campaign. And some people thought I was off my rocker (or negative, or cynical) thinking there would be little substance to these announcements...
Did you really expect anything more???... in the past 10 years over-hyping has been Disney's most successful accomplishment (from a creative point of view of course)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Did you really expect anything more???... in the past 10 years over-hyping has been Disney's most successful accomplishment (from a creative point of view of course)

Personally? No, my expectations were very low and I expected very little from these "announcements". I was just saying that some thought I was being Johnny Raincloud for posting that these would likely be all marketing fluff. And guess what we got?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
You know, with these announcements, we weren't expecting much. A couple of trinkets, perhaps some new concept art for SW:GE. But Disney gave us nothing but lumps of coal.

disnyfan89

You know, with these announcements, we weren't expecting much. A couple of trinkets, perhaps some new concept art for SW:GE. But Disney gave us nothing but lumps of coal.

Except Disney gave us exactly what they promised. If you go back to the original post advertising the 12 days of announcements it’s all pretty well laid out and they delivered on everything they said they where announcing.

“From December 5 through December 16, we’re unveiling exclusive new details about events, entertainment, attractions and more at the Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, as well as new offerings aboard Disney Cruise Line.

And each day, you’ll be able to read about the news right here on the Disney Parks Blog. Updates will include:

• Never-before-seen images and video
  • New resort hotel experiences
  • Delectable new dining options
  • Special Disney Parks events
  • Updates about new attractions announced at D23 Expo”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom