Disney to increase the number of FastPass+ entitlements per day and include park hopping

orky8

I'm getting to the point where I can say I like FastPass+ more than FastPass. I have not tried it yet, so can't comment with any certainty. But having more than 3 and park hopping just about does it. If they make one more change I will be sold.

They need to make it so I can book my 3 FastPass+'s in advance for evening hours and I can have one revolving that I can use any time of the day and always get one more once I use the revolving FastPass. If they made this change I would have nothing at all to complain about.

THIS. As we've discussed on here, the fourth FP needs to be revolving and independent of the other three. This will also solve the issues of FPs for parades/wishes/illuminations etc...

Mawg

While it's possible that they do something about this, my initial gut feeling is that TDO might let that one go. I feel like the number of people who park hop multiple times in a day is insignificant enough that they can ignore it. That being said, I typically only park hop once in a day, so maybe I'm underestimating the typical park-hopping guest.

I agree, I don't think they will do anything about this. People who park hop that much spend a lot of their time on transportation which takes pressure off of other queues. They would rather have this than have someone experience the same attraction 3 times. The more different attractions people experience the more gift shops their dumped into.

KatMaria

so should my strategy be to make my FP+ selections for the morning? and not evening
Yes that way your 4th fastpass comes around earlier and then you will hopefully have more selections on what you can get another fp for. What will be interesting to see is you can do it on the app or have to go to the kiosks/castmembers.

Cubfan300

How would anyone know what is finished or not? That's part of the issue.
Well, your question is the antithesis to the software development life cycle. Just as you don't announce the phases of development in case you run into issues, you also don't announce them because if for some reason, usually cost, you need to drop something from the schedule, no one really knows what they don't get.

Last edited:

doctornick

So, regarding the purple band thing, I don't see anything about it on either the wdwmagic page or the official parks blog. I think that showed up in this topic as a seperate discussion and there is no immediate plan to add that color to the band choice, right? Although it might show up as an option for a magic band you can buy.

Anyway, onto the more important topic of FP+....

The indication to me is that they are going to roll out "more than 3 FP+" first, with park hopping FP+ added later. If it is set up that you can get more than 3 FP+ in one park, the big questions in my mind are:

1. If you have to use all 3 FP+ before getting a 4th (or more), then what does that mean for FP+ for night time stuff like Illuminations, Wishes or Fantasmic! that are tight befor/at park closing. I notice a bunch of folks have brought this up.
2. Can the 4th/5th/etc FP+ be a repeat of a ride from the original 3 FP+?
3. Are their tiers enforced with the 4th/5th/etc FP+? e.g. can you ride Soarin' with one of the 3 FP+ but then pick up Test Track with the 4th FP+?

And I'll echo others that I can understand them requiring a kiosk visit to start with when they roll this out, but hope it moves to being available online or on the app going forward, such that someone can book that 4th FP+ while they are (for example) waiting in line for a ride.

PrincessNelly_NJ

While it's possible that they do something about this, my initial gut feeling is that TDO might let that one go. I feel like the number of people who park hop multiple times in a day is insignificant enough that they can ignore it. That being said, I typically only park hop once in a day, so maybe I'm underestimating the typical park-hopping guest.
I wouldn't be so sure. Another poster on here was able to "test" the park hopping feature and they were able to pick 3 fp+ in each park but headliners such as space mountain and etc. were blocked off.

twebber55

Yes that way your 4th fastpass comes around earlier and then you will hopefully have more selections on what you can get another fp for. What will be interesting to see is you can do it on the app or have to go to the kiosks/castmembers.
yeah thought so...ironically my 60 day window started today

disney4life2008

I am Usually a Debbie downer Regarding fpplus even after experiencing in January. however, i will say that I am impressed with this new development and it shows they are listening to guest feedback. So I will give team Disney credit where credit is due. And I am impressed with the rate of enhancements they are doing in such a small timeframe. Well done!

Shadowgate

Yeah, this will change everything likely for our early December trip.

Originally was planning on booking 3 FP+ for later in the day and then getting to the parks early to get into things before they got too crowded.

Now the question is do I stick with 3 afternoon FPs or not? IF they add the ablity to add additional FPs after the first 3 using the app I will probably go with earlier FPs. However, if you still have to use the kiosk I will stay with my later in the day plan. I just dont like having to depend on a kiosk that might not be working and need to go find another OR where people maybe having a problem deciding/using it. I have a hard enough time waiting for people that sometimes have a problem using an ATM. I rather not have to wait. Yes, I know there will be people trying to help but I just see, especially with them openning this up to everyone and for more than just the 3, that the kiosks are going to be overwhelmed.

The addition of allowing you to FP multiple parks while great also adds additional wrinkle with where to make your FPs? Do you use all 3 at the first park and then add more as you go in the second? That is going to make this even more a chess game.

Also, as other have said evening event FPing could torpedo plans to use FP+ beyond the first 3 unless they exempt parades/fireworks FP from effecting getting additional FPs. On one hand it would be nice if they did this but on the other then there will be a much large demand for evening event FPs which will make them harder to get.

Anyways, alot to think about and I will be interested to see it continue to evolve. Excited to see that they are evolving.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Well, your question is the antithesis to the software development life cycle. Just as you don't announce the phases of development in case you run into issues, you also don't announce them because if for some reason, usually cost, you need to drop something from the schedule, know one really knows what they don't get.

wth? "keeping secrets" is no part of any legitimate software development cycle. Anyone who keeps things secret 'in case you run into issues' is the 'antithesis' of sound development practices. Agility is the foundation for adapting to unforeseen issues... not hiding it from people. And NONE of that is reasons for keeping roadmaps secret. The top two reasons for secrecy in product development is keeping the competition at bay and protecting existing sales.

The key to solid customer relationships is trust - not 'need to know'.

kondjott

Really??? That's shocking to me. (Good news, but surprising.)

I've never understood how this system would even remotely generate the kind of revenue that would justify its cost without charging for FP+ entitlements. I mean, sure, they can sell decorated bands, sliders, etc., but how many of them can they sell, especially with the way they send out bands to guests? We got two pairs for our April trip (first pair lost in mail), a pair for being APs, and we'll get another pair in October. That's on top of the glossy mailers, thumb drive, etc. And I know I won't spend a cent more than I otherwise would have.

I don't think the focus of this system was ever to generate more revenue. There may be some indirect revenue that could be attributed to it, perhaps by encouraging guests to stay on-site to receive the advance booking benefits. However, the primary focus in my mind was always to reduce expenses in the long-run by giving them information they can use for better resource allocation. For example, maybe by now knowing what parks guest intend to visit each day, they can reduce CM expenditures by 5% (this is pure speculation). Over 10-20 years, will these cost-savings recoup the start-up expense of the system? I don't know, but Disney must think they will.

lazyboy97o

Well, your question is the antithesis to the software development life cycle. Just as you don't announce the phases of development in case you run into issues, you also don't announce them because if for some reason, usually cost, you need to drop something from the schedule, know one really knows what they don't get.
Disney was able to handle having the Blue Sky Cellar at Disney's California Adventure that showed versions and iterations of plans that were not happening. They stumbled at first with Paradise Pier not emphasizing enough that it was a presentation of many ideas, not final ideas, but people got that the presentation was about tone and concept. The same could have been done with MyMagic+. The DisneyParks Blog and other avenues, like a preview center, could have provided general information on the concept as well as a general roadmap of access so that people knew how they fit into the grand scheme of testing and rollout. MyMagic+ is supposed to be paradigm shifting and that is not something you just dump on people.

jt04

Nope, just purple. Its absence was really the only thing that had me scratching my head when this whole thing started.

Marketing. Thank you Apple. :rolleyes:

Anyway. It is only the beginning. I will definitely maybe be collecting the Star Wars line. :greedy:

SirLink

So they are increasing the number of FP+ entitlements and park hoping - yet they have an hourly ride capcity deficet to get to their purpose of having less people standing in line and spending more ... :rolleyes:

WDWFREAK53

I have been a little out of the loop as far as FP+ goes...
Can you book more than one FP for any attraction? Say...use 2 for Midway Mania?

That may be the next change to come down the pipe...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom