Disney to increase the number of FastPass+ entitlements per day and include park hopping

cw1982

I am standing pat with my current FP+s. We will play it by ear once we use them. I ain't messing with all the dang work I did to balance my week :)

Yes, but if I can manage to swing everything I'm wanting at HS in one day, that may open up an entire day's worth of plans later in the week lol. I probably have a few days to decide before things start to book up, though, since we're still more than a week away from the 30-day mark when more people get to make their FP+ choices. I'll sleep on it :)

When you are eligible for the Additional, you can still reserve any available time, say you get your additional at 12:30pm and you set your additional at 7:00pm. After you use your additional FP at 7:00pm can you be eligible for another additional FP.

Thank you!

bferrara16

Your better bet in that scenario IMHO is just prescheduling your FP+ all at DHS -- do TSMM or RNR + TOT + Star Tours starting when you expect to get to DHS. Get to Epcot at RD, go right to Soarin' and ride it. If you want to do TT, then go right there and ride that next (potentially doing single rider if that is an option). Then ride whatever else you want in Epcot, none of which should be too bad unless it is a really crowded day.

Than boat to DHS as you plan and use the FP+.

I wouldn't get too caught up with trying to maximize the system and get extra FP+ when you can get three pretty valuable ones in the afternoon/early evening at DHS ahead of time.
Understand what you're saying, but that's a different discussion I think. The option should be there. Whether its the best option - well, that's up to the user.

(Personally, I could plan for a RD all year and still miss it by 30 minutes every time.)

BigTxEars

Yes, but if I can manage to swing everything I'm wanting at HS in one day, that may open up an entire day's worth of plans later in the week lol. I probably have a few days to decide before things start to book up, though, since we're still more than a week away from the 30-day mark when more people get to make their FP+ choices. I'll sleep on it :)

Thank you!

I understand and that makes sense. The only thing I want to do this trip that we are not already doing is BOG, other than that I am doing everything I want to do. We are not FP+ for Soarin but I am not a huge fan, well until they get the new movie then I am all in! But if we can book a FP+ to Soarin on one of the park hopping days at Epcot we will do that this trip as well. I think we are in Epcot for 3 dinners and 1 full day so we have a chance at it anyways :)

cw1982

I understand and that makes sense. The only thing I want to do this trip that we are not already doing is BOG, other than that I am doing everything I want to do. We are not FP+ for Soarin but I am not a huge fan, well until they get the new movie then I am all in! But if we can book a FP+ to Soarin on one of the park hopping days at Epcot we will do that this trip as well. I think we are in Epcot for 3 dinners and 1 full day so we have a chance at it anyways :)

Yeah... we went with Soarin' for our FP+ for Epcot and plan to do TT in single rider... or we may do TT on our second Epcot Day if we end up not needing Thursday for HS. That's part of the conundrum lol.

It sounds like we'd be more likely to get a FP+ for RnC as our additional one than we would be for TSMM, so that's the only thing I was thinking of changing. Then we might be able to get them both in on one day without waiting an hour for either, as DH has said he's not waiting an hour for anything lol. But, since our last FP+ time isn't until 4:00, we may be too late by then anyhow. I guess we'll see!

BigTxEars

Yeah... we went with Soarin' for our FP+ for Epcot and plan to do TT in single rider... or we may do TT on our second Epcot Day if we end up not needing Thursday for HS. That's part of the conundrum lol.

It sounds like we'd be more likely to get a FP+ for RnC as our additional one than we would be for TSMM, so that's the only thing I was thinking of changing. Then we might be able to get them both in on one day without waiting an hour for either, as DH has said he's not waiting an hour for anything lol. But, since our last FP+ time isn't until 4:00, we may be too late by then anyhow. I guess we'll see!

Oh you are so killing yourself with your worries! You are going to have a magical trip, stop racking your brains and nerves over it! :)

jlsHouston

Just annoucned on Disney Parks Blog:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/04/mymagic-adding-even-more-magic-to-fastpass/

Looks like you can only reserve fast pass+ at a different park after you've used your first 3 passes

I kind of read it that once you went through your 3 pre booked FP's you can go to a kiosk "at any of our parks" was the quote and select another FP. I'm just wondering if I should rearrange my FP+ for morning or early afternoon so I can use more FP's in the evening. AHHHH these vacation planning decisions.

DisneyGirl3820

I'm hoping that we can get those additional Fastpasses via the app rather than having to find a kiosk. Also, will this allow for repeat rides of attractions that were already selected in the original 3 choices? Hmmm...

DisneyGirl3820

Wow, this helps. One question and please excuse my confusion, it's early....
"The additional selection can be made at a different park than the original three selections, but must be made at a kiosk inside the required park." Can someone clarify this? Does this mean if I have used my 3 choices at Epcot I have to go to MK in order to get a fastpass at MK later that day?

PolynesianPrincess

The last line of that doesn't fly well with me.

"If one of the originally FastPass+ selections is made for close to park closing, it will not be possible to make an extra FastPass+ selection."

So basically if you pick priority seating for Illuminations as one of your picks at Epcot, you're screwed for additional FastPasses. That doesn't seem fair to me. We usually like to pick priority seating for Illuminations. Looks like those plans will have to change whenever it is we go back to WDW. It also doesn't seem fair if you're a day of guest who can only pick choices later in the day if that's all that's available.

WDWDad13

That is indeed everything I needed to know. Thanks!

How are the lines at the kiosks these days? I wonder if they will get worse with people trying to score 4th and 5th FPs.

my guess is those lines back off some in the mid afternoons but this will pick them up again for the most part. They certainly need to get this functionality built into the app because I for one don't want to stand in line at another park to schedule something to shorten a line somewhere else. I'd rather do it on my phone while I'm traveling there or something

Dads 2 Boys

my guess is those lines back off some in the mid afternoons but this will pick them up again for the most part. They certainly need to get this functionality built into the app because I for one don't want to stand in line at another park to schedule something to shorten a line somewhere else. I'd rather do it on my phone while I'm traveling there or something

Agreed about having to get it into the app. WDW is making it where the app is the main "point of functionality" so it would only make sense to add another from your phone. I don't mind going to the kiosks as before we had to go to each individual attraction so it's not all bad.

WDWDad13

Agreed about having to get it into the app. WDW is making it where the app is the main "point of functionality" so it would only make sense to add another from your phone. I don't mind going to the kiosks as before we had to go to each individual attraction so it's not all bad.

yeah, my guess is it is much quicker to enable this using the onsite kiosks than it is coding and placing into the android and iPhone apps for release to their stores... so I bet that functionality isn't far behind

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom