Disney to increase the number of FastPass+ entitlements per day and include park hopping

cw1982

My kids are either too young or afraid of the fast rides, which I imagine are some of the first FP's to sell out.

EDIT: On a side note, I am surprised that Disney is phasing out the less high-tech system as quickly as they are. With the incredibly diverse crowds they attract, I can only imagine that many visitors don't have smartphones or the computer resources to reserve online.

Yeah, I would say that you won't have to worry about being able to either FP+ or have very small queue waits for most of the slow rides. The only exception to that might be Peter Pan, which, from what I'm seeing on the MDE app, has wait times that appear to often be in line with Space Mountain.

Saquin

Longtime lurker with a question...

Does anyone know if this would work:

I have 3 fastpasses in the early morning at DHS (don't really want 3, just want Toy Story but they make you choose 3, so...) that are over by 12pm.

Atfer an afternoon break by the pool, we plan on heading into EPCOT for the evening.

Could we, after the 3 DHS fastpasses are gone at noon, take the boat to EPCOT, enter the park, go to a kiosk and choose Soarin' as our 4th fastpass for later that evening and immediately leave EPCOT. I assume the evening fastpass would still be there and not be invalidated by the fact that we left the park right after choosing it?

DisneyCane

Longtime lurker with a question...

Does anyone know if this would work:

I have 3 fastpasses in the early morning at DHS (don't really want 3, just want Toy Story but they make you choose 3, so...) that are over by 12pm.

Atfer an afternoon break by the pool, we plan on heading into EPCOT for the evening.

Could we, after the 3 DHS fastpasses are gone at noon, take the boat to EPCOT, enter the park, go to a kiosk and choose Soarin' as our 4th fastpass for later that evening and immediately leave EPCOT. I assume the evening fastpass would still be there and not be invalidated by the fact that we left the park right after choosing it?

I don't see any reason why they would invalidate a FP because you left the park. What if you want to go to your hotel for a while? If you don't have a MB and use a card ticket, there is no way for them to know you left anyway.

Saquin

I don't see any reason why they would invalidate a FP because you left the park. What if you want to go to your hotel for a while? If you don't have a MB and use a card ticket, there is no way for them to know you left anyway.

I assume it would probably be no problem but just the fact that they require you to make the fastpass selection at a kiosk within the park where you'll be using the fastpass made me wonder if there'd be any weird restrictions about leaving and reentering the park later.

Dark Aries

just a quick question, heading to WDW in may, and i was wondering,

are the old ticket style FP systems gone ?
the ones where you feed your key to the world into it and then it would spit out a ticket ?

Saquin

just a quick question, heading to WDW in may, and i was wondering,

are the old ticket style FP systems gone ?
the ones where you feed your key to the world into it and then it would spit out a ticket ?

Yes, they're gone. The only way to book fastpasses now is at the Fastpass+ kiosks situated around the parks, on the phone app or the My Disney Experience website.

lebeau

The kiosks are in abundance... it's an annoyance you can't do it 'from your pocket' - but isn't a deal breaker IMO. There are 8 different kiosk locations in the MK for instance.. at least one per land and most have 2 locations.

That's good to know. Hopefully it won't be too great of an inconvenience. I have just heard some nightmare stories about waiting in line at the kiosks. But presumably, the lines aren't as bad now.

flynnibus

Premium Member
That's good to know. Hopefully it won't be too great of an inconvenience. I have just heard some nightmare stories about waiting in line at the kiosks. But presumably, the lines aren't as bad now.

I think that's leftovers like you said. Everyone has app access now and less demand for needing to setup day of. And comments have all been even when there are lines they move well. And for this you will have demand spread out instead of the opening rush

DisneyGirl3820

Since we're going to have to rely more on kiosks now to get those extra Fastpass+ picks, perhaps they'll install some more since they're not allowing app bookings.

Rob562

I assume it would probably be no problem but just the fact that they require you to make the fastpass selection at a kiosk within the park where you'll be using the fastpass made me wonder if there'd be any weird restrictions about leaving and reentering the park later.

I think the one question we'll have to wait until people start using the system on Monday to answer is how the system will assign you the additional FP+. Will it give you a range of time choices? Will it give you first-available? If it gives you first available, can you then change it? (And if it does go for first-available, presumably it'll still keep dining reservations in mind when it chooses it)

I am anxiously awaiting reports of this usage on Monday.

-Rob

cw1982

I think the one question we'll have to wait until people start using the system on Monday to answer is how the system will assign you the additional FP+. Will it give you a range of time choices? Will it give you first-available? If it gives you first available, can you then change it? (And if it does go for first-available, presumably it'll still keep dining reservations in mind when it chooses it)

I am anxiously awaiting reports of this usage on Monday.

-Rob

@Jakester who works at HS said that the kiosks do allow you to pick the times on your FP+. I can't see why that would change between using additional FP+ and booking your first three, but that's just my best guess.

Monday reports will be interesting indeed.

Jakester

@Jakester who works at HS said that the kiosks do allow you to pick the times on your FP+. I can't see why that would change between using additional FP+ and booking your first three, but that's just my best guess.

Monday reports will be interesting indeed.
Yes. Just remember you cannot get another additional FP until after you use your current additional.
And as always everything is subject to availibility

Jakester

**If you book fastpasses in another park, and don't redeem atleast 2 selections then you will be eligible for an additional Fastpass for another WDW park after those return times have passed.**
I just want to CONFIRM that this is true. I spoke to my managers this morning to clarify.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom