Disney to increase the number of FastPass+ entitlements per day and include park hopping

Jakester

Wouldn't it be nice if the system knew your preferred language when it scanned your Band?

-Rob
I agree. It could be a possibility in the future. It took thousands upon thousands to voice their opinions on the current FP system(3 a day, 1 park) to get park hopping.

RSoxNo1

Here's how it will work.

Once YOU HAVE USED your 3 selections WILL YOU BE ELIGABLQE for Additional Fastpass+ Selections,
At Epcot and Hollywood Studios your additional Fastpass will be NON-TIER.
If you do not redeem any of your 3 selections then you will not be eligible for the additional Fastpass.
If you redeem One Fastpass at ANY ONE Park and miss your return times then your times will disappear and be replaced with the additional Fastpass.
**If you book fastpasses in another park, and don't redeem atleast 2 selections then you will be eligible for an additional Fastpass for another WDW park after those return times have passed.**
The amount of Additonal Fastpasses you may recieve are unlimited, however you must use your 1st Additonal FP to rebook a new one.
The only way possible to view your additional Fastpass is via In-Park Kiosks.
And as always, all Fastpasses are based on what's available at the time of booking.

Hope this helps answer a lot of questions regarding the new changes.

**I may be wrong, but reaffirm with us Fastpass Kiosks CMs, Guest Relations, or any MyMagic+ Park Support CMs
Is the Kiosk only usage meant to be temporary or a way of cutting down on usage? What about using FASTPASS+ on the same attraction multiple times?

Also, can you clarify what you mean by this?
**If you book fastpasses in another park, and don't redeem atleast 2 selections then you will be eligible for an additional Fastpass for another WDW park after those return times have passed.**

Last edited:

dreamscometrue

Forgot to mention this as well, but for all you foreigners, Mickey has given us Fastpass Kiosks the ability to display multiple languages to better suit your needs.

Thank goodness! I had trouble reading the prompts last time because it was in American English, not Canadian, eh. ;)

(Oh wait; maybe you were referring to other foreign languages.):)

cw1982

Thank goodness! I had trouble reading the prompts last time because it was in American English, not Canadian, eh. ;)

(Oh wait; maybe you were referring to other foreign languages.):)

Are you kidding me? I live just 19 miles from the school where I teach, and sometimes I don't understand what those kids are saying... and I'm only 13 years older than them, and we're all speaking some version of "American" English lol. Figure that one out ;)

bferrara16

Sorry if this has been clarified already (didn't see it), but does this mean that it is still impossible to PLAN a day of parkhopping by booking, say, 2 FP in Epcot and then 1 in DHS? Seems like its only possible if you did 3 in Epcot and then hopped to DHS for a kiosked 4th+. Is that right?

Jakester

Is the Kiosk only usage meant to be temporary or a way of cutting down on usage? What about using FASTPASS+ on the same attraction multiple times?

Also, can you clarify what you mean by this?
1. Mickey still is trying to figure out what the demand is for the in-park kiosks, once MM+ went live lines at the kiosks were reduced significantly. But since Park Hopping begins Monday for all I know the Kiosks could be swarmed come 4:00pm when most of the cast have already finished their shift for the day. TBH, I think once the summer season comes to a close will Mickey be able to see what happens long term.

2. You will be able too.. Additional Fastpasses will not be the Tier System used in your original 3 selections, and will be unlimited. You must use your current additional FP to get a new additional. And as always everything is subjected to availability.

3. Okay bear with me and hear me out.
Say you booked a Fastpass at Animal Kingdom for the day, your selections are "Safari - 9:30am - 10:30am", "Dinosaur 10:30am - 11:30am"
"Everest 11:30am - 12:30pm".
Ok, so you realized you really didn't need the safari Fastpass and do not redeem the FP, you choose to redeem your Dinosaur FP but not your Everest. You arrive at Epcot at 12:00pm, you can go ahead and book your 1st 3 Fastpasses for the day at Epcot, but (to my knowledge) you will be eligible for an additional after your Everest FP window has passed (in this case, at 12:30pm you would be eligible for the additional Fastpass and since Epcot is a tier park, the additional would be ANY experience dependent on its availability). But like I said, I highly recommend confirming this at the park when you visit. When I report for the mouse again Saturday I'll ask about it.

Jakester

Sorry if this has been clarified already (didn't see it), but does this mean that it is still impossible to PLAN a day of parkhopping by booking, say, 2 FP in Epcot and then 1 in DHS? Seems like its only possible if you did 3 in Epcot and then hopped to DHS for a kiosked 4th+. Is that right?
Just like how it currently is, the system WILL CHOOSE 3 for you. And in order to be eligible for that Additional FP you MUST use your 1st three. However read the reply I just posted above in regards to how that will work out

cw1982

@Jakester here's another question (sorry to bombard you):

I know one of the perks of the new system over the old one is that people can plan their FP+ around their ADR's. Will the system at the kiosk let guests pick the time of an additional FP+, or is that more like the old system in that you don't get to pick a time? Right now, I have two FP+ before and one after my lunch ADR's at HS, and I'm trying to decide if I need to move those so that they are all before lunch (in hopes of better odds of getting a decent 4th one) or if that might mean risking that the FP+ time on the last one would run into my ADR's.

BigTxEars

I know one of the perks of the new system over the old one is that people can plan their FP+ around their ADR's. Will the system at the kiosk let guests pick the time of an additional FP+, or is that more like the old system in that you don't get to pick a time? Right now, I have two FP+ before and one after my lunch ADR's at HS, and I'm trying to decide if I need to move those so that they are all before lunch (in hopes of better odds of getting a decent 4th one) or if that might mean risking that the FP+ time on the last one would run into my ADR's.

I am standing pat with my current FP+s. We will play it by ear once we use them. I ain't messing with all the dang work I did to balance my week :)

bferrara16

Just like how it currently is, the system WILL CHOOSE 3 for you. And in order to be eligible for that Additional FP you MUST use your 1st three. However read the reply I just posted above in regards to how that will work out
Thanks for the reply. It would be nice if the first 3 didn't all need to be at the same park. Until they remove that limitation, I don't really think this solves the park-hopping problem.

To clarify - for my August trip I am planning on going to Epcot in the morning, then boat over to DHS for the rest of the day. I only see the need to FP Soarin at Epcot, then I would like to book the other 2 FP available to me at DHS (all 60 days in advance). I don't see why this would be an issue. However, I COULD see them maintaining the tiers (used a tier 1 at Epcot? Then no tier 1 at DHS available).

As I am understanding what you've said, I'd only be able to book 3 at Epcot. Since I only need the Soarin FP, I'd book 2 dummy FPs 60 days out as early in the day as possible, with the intention of letting them go to waste (hence, dummy). I'd then be able to book FP at DHS once I use my Soarin FP, but only once I can get to a DHS kiosk. So even though I know 60 days out that I want to use 1 in Epcot and 2 in DHS for a particular day, I couldn't execute the plan until that day (and waste 2 epcot FPs in the process). I love the tier-less second park options, but they are worthless if all tier 1s are booked. Cross-park tiering + 60 days out seems more useful (I'd still be able to get a reasonable Tower of Terror/Star Tours in).

Only being able to book FP at a park you hopped to that same day (instead of 60 days out) will probably, like a previous poster said, result in less usage (and utility) of the new system.

Or, I'm just reading this all wrong. Which is quite possible.

(Edited to add: Thanks again for fielding all the questions)

doctornick

To clarify - for my August trip I am planning on going to Epcot in the morning, then boat over to DHS for the rest of the day. I only see the need to FP Soarin at Epcot, then I would like to book the other 2 FP available to me at DHS (all 60 days in advance). I don't see why this would be an issue. However, I COULD see them maintaining the tiers (used a tier 1 at Epcot? Then no tier 1 at DHS available).

As I am understanding what you've said, I'd only be able to book 3 at Epcot. Since I only need the Soarin FP, I'd book 2 dummy FPs 60 days out as early in the day as possible, with the intention of letting them go to waste (hence, dummy). I'd then be able to book FP at DHS once I use my Soarin FP, but only once I can get to a DHS kiosk. So even though I know 60 days out that I want to use 1 in Epcot and 2 in DHS for a particular day, I couldn't execute the plan until that day (and waste 2 epcot FPs in the process). I love the tier-less second park options, but they are worthless if all tier 1s are booked. Cross-park tiering + 60 days out seems more useful (I'd still be able to get a reasonable Tower of Terror/Star Tours in).

Your better bet in that scenario IMHO is just prescheduling your FP+ all at DHS -- do TSMM or RNR + TOT + Star Tours starting when you expect to get to DHS. Get to Epcot at RD, go right to Soarin' and ride it. If you want to do TT, then go right there and ride that next (potentially doing single rider if that is an option). Then ride whatever else you want in Epcot, none of which should be too bad unless it is a really crowded day.

Than boat to DHS as you plan and use the FP+.

I wouldn't get too caught up with trying to maximize the system and get extra FP+ when you can get three pretty valuable ones in the afternoon/early evening at DHS ahead of time.

UncleMike101

I am standing pat with my current FP+s. We will play it by ear once we use them. I ain't messing with all the dang work I did to balance my week :)
Yup.....
I'm leaving my FP+ choices as they are. Almost all of them are before Noon, so we'll pick up whatever we can after that.
I intend to be on Vacation, not working another job trying to play the FP game with the Disney Commandos. ;)

Jakester

When you are eligible for the Additional, you can still reserve any available time, say you get your additional at 12:30pm and you set your additional at 7:00pm. After you use your additional FP at 7:00pm can you be eligible for another additional FP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom