Disney to expand cancellation fees to all table service restaurants at Walt Disney World

jl2081

This is great news! As a passholder who alot of times decides to go about a week out or so, I now have a chance to get a reservation. I do agree that there should be a very few reasonable excuses that would get ur fee waived with less than 24 hours notice. There should be a standardized list of acceptable reasons that all cast members have so that it's not up to the cast member. And to all the haters, I'm a father of 2 kids, one is 4 and the other is 1 and have no problem with this at all. I know how to handle my children and don't need to cancel 2 hours before just because one is having a bad day.

NowInc

If they would "set aside" a good chunk of seating for walk-ins...id be all for this. Personally It doesn't really have any effect on me (I typically don't do table service aside from breakfast which RARELY is a problem getting ADR's for), but as a "local" I would like to be able to change my mind less than 24 hours in advance. Things like weather can severely alter my plans (this is the case for a lot of us who go frequently) as we don't NEED to go to the parks on a particular day due to it being designated vacation time.

aladdin2007

The system did not allow you to double-book. (I know, i tried)

I just see this as a revenue stream and I think its going to backfire horribly. I think that you'll find less reservations being made and less people in the restaurants.

Agree I hope they lose business from this but I dont think they will, walk ups will fill the slots. I guess for now on were going to have to make reservations the morning of and get what we get, being local sometimes we change our minds (but have always canceled) and or due to bad weather or something havent been able to make it on spur of the moment as planned. This now takes away any freedom and enjoyability. Sure one could call and say hey look its really storming out etc and we cant make the trip over afterall, but thats the one time you could get the mean CM who refuses to waive the fee, which I would fight it to the bank. Just not going to put up with that kind of service and punishing the guest. I guess when our tables of wonderland expires wont be renewing that either, they could very well see a huge loss across the board with this. Everyone will be afraid to make a reservation now. I know I will be. So walk up try it is or morning of.

mcstensrud

Does any one know if this applies to Breakfast ADR's?
That is about all I make other than Via Napoli and an occasional Kona.
Otherwise we eat off property to get a decent meal at a decent price.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Does any one know if this applies to Breakfast ADR's?
That is about all I make other than Via Napoli and an occasional Kona.
Otherwise we eat off property to get a decent meal at a decent price.
Yes all table service at any time of day.

WDW1974

Got a few extra minutes to rant ... so ... understand that this is all tied to saving on labor. They want to know EXACTLY how many meals they will serve at every locale on every evening. (some moron please come in and remind us that Disney is a business and has responsibilities to increase shareholder value by ANY means they feel fit and blah, blah and BLAH!)

That means that, as others have mentioned, you can be paying $400-plus a night for a room (you likely have too much money if you are, but that's another subject), walk up to what amounts to the coffee shop of your hotel, like the Grand Flo Cafe, the Kona Cafe, Captain's Grille, Olivia's etc. and be told 'we're booked for the night' at 6 p.m. with a location that is 40% full. You should ALWAYS be able to get into a deluxe resort's coffee shop, even if you have to wait a bit.

They just flat out are so money-obsessed that they do not want to properly staff the locales.

In the real world, businesses like that would go out of business. That is an amazingly blatant F-U to guests. Yet, most of you will take it and WDW standards will slip further. Yes, your vacation really would be ruined if you dined at the Swan, Dolphin, Waldorf, Hilton ... or especially the Red Lobster LBV.

My advice, which you won't follow, is if you really don't like this (or anything) use social media against them. Don't simply here. Organize a group of 500 or even half that to all call George Kalogridis and/or others at the same time and keep calling. They will not like that. They will take notice.

aladdin2007

Got a few extra minutes to rant ... so ... understand that this is all tied to saving on labor. They want to know EXACTLY how many meals they will serve at every locale on every evening. (some moron please come in and remind us that Disney is a business and has responsibilities to increase shareholder value by ANY means they feel fit and blah, blah and BLAH!)

That means that, as others have mentioned, you can be paying $400-plus a night for a room (you likely have too much money if you are, but that's another subject), walk up to what amounts to the coffee shop of your hotel, like the Grand Flo Cafe, the Kona Cafe, Captain's Grille, Olivia's etc. and be told 'we're booked for the night' at 6 p.m. with a location that is 40% full. You should ALWAYS be able to get into a deluxe resort's coffee shop, even if you have to wait a bit.

They just flat out are so money-obsessed that they do not want to properly staff the locales.

In the real world, businesses like that would go out of business. That is an amazingly blatant F-U to guests. Yet, most of you will take it and WDW standards will slip further. Yes, your vacation really would be ruined if you dined at the Swan, Dolphin, Waldorf, Hilton ... or especially the Red Lobster LBV.

My advice, which you won't follow, is if you really don't like this (or anything) use social media against them. Don't simply here. Organize a group of 500 or even half that to all call George Kalogridis and/or others at the same time and keep calling. They will not like that. They will take notice.

Count me in, but where does one start exactly? I dont use facebook etc etc.

WDW1974

Count me in, but where does one start exactly? I dont use facebook etc etc.

You could get a group together from here and other Disney communities. I guarantee (pun intended) that there are thousands of online fans who have issues with this, getting a few hundred to let Disney know your feelings shouldn't be that tough IF people want to go through the effort. the thing is, most don't. Most folks are apathetic. Look at what we're allowing in this country right now.

IWantMyMagicBand

You could get a group together from here and other Disney communities. I guarantee (pun intended) that there are thousands of online fans who have issues with this, getting a few hundred to let Disney know your feelings shouldn't be that tough IF people want to go through the effort. the thing is, most don't. Most folks are apathetic. Look at what we're allowing in this country right now.
@DisneyParks are to start charging if you cancel your dining resv - even if suddenly sick! I don't FP+ my puke! #whinendisneydine???? Just a suggestion :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom