Disney to announce overhaul of DL Tomorrowland at D23?

Phroobar

Here is that video for queued at the Light Speed idea. I like his SolarPunk idea because it means shade. He also puts a suspended Big Hero 6 dark ride on the other side. The only thing I would do is add Horizons 2.0 and/or Seabase Delta to the lagoon.

PiratesMansion

Just popping in to say I'm still processing how @GiveMeTheMusic graced us with a Tiana post, but left without a word about the Peoplemover rumor. RIP us, we can only be so lucky I guess.
Perhaps she was just over certain posters who have continued to regurgitate stale arguments, conspiracy theories, and nonsense regarding Splash and Princess and the Frog for over two years even when the arguments/conspiracy are clearly false.

It's definitely tiring.

Last edited:

GiveMeTheMusic

Oh is there a rumor about the PeopleMover?

Drag Race Tea GIF by Dawnie Marie

Tox1cboy

So Scott Trowbridge goes to Disneyland and films the motor boat area and somehow that has to do with the People Mover? Can't the guy go to Disneyland and take videos with him like everyone else? I guess I didn't notice the trash can in the picture was moved. That always means heavy construction is coming around here.

No I don’t think it has anything to do with the Peoplemover, but I think it has everything to do with putting Frozen in that section of the park. Right next to the Matterhorn? It’s perfect, and Frozen has been rumored for years.

mickEblu

No I don’t think it has anything to do with the Peoplemover, but I think it has everything to do with putting Frozen in that section of the park. Right next to the Matterhorn? It’s perfect, and Frozen has been rumored for years.

I’m good with it as long as they don’t retheme the Matterhorn and replace Harold with Marshmallow.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I'm sure every imaginable scenario has gone through the walls of WDI at some point, so its not surprising or scary to me.
Maybe “scary” isn’t the right word to describe how I feel. But disappointing and underwhelmed are better ones if you want to take your choice of descriptor.

Considering WDI is supposed to be the “cream of the crop” of creativity many of these ideas come across as frankly pedestrian or unimaginative. Not that I’m opposed to bringing new concepts to the parks it’s just all of these ideas (as you noted) are all so predictably “paint by numbers” from a corporate IP synergy pushing standpoint that I feel like many of these ideas - if adopted - would actually reduce the unique value proposition of what make the Disney parks unique vs. the rest of the market (Universal, Merlin, etc).

Again this is only based on what we’re hearing. And this isn’t meant to patronize individuals at WDI since this is all likely a top-down dictate vs an organic brainstorm. It’s debatable if these are enhancing or “plussing” the parks themselves or just promotional tool for other divisions of TWDC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom