Disney to announce overhaul of DL Tomorrowland at D23?

mickEblu

They can fit Tron in if they just reimagine its scale. Double-track Space Mountain from Florida wouldn't fit in DL, so it became single-track and partially underground.

What if DL Tron was mostly an outdoor attraction, maybe using some of the Peoplemover / Rocket Rods route and the only indoor portion was the carousel building area for launch and finale? Yes, it would feel different from the other Tron attractions, but this is sort of what Disney does when it brings attractions to different parks – remember?

This is what I’ve been saying except at that scale I’m not sure a coaster would work. Not for one that needs to go the speed of Tron anyway. I think it would have to be a Rocket Rods or RSR type ride system in that limited amount of space with maybe some show scenes in the Buzz and Launch bay buildings or at least the space they currently sit.

truecoat

Tron.jpg

smooch

The Disneyland railroad and Main Street and red car vehicles actually goes to places so they considered park transportation. The Riverboat had scenery. The People Mover when through dark tunnels slowly. Granted, it was great place to make out if you don't care to be watched by the cast members.
This sounds like the newest Defunctland episode where he talks about the Old Mill ride in Kennywood and how it was a popular make out spot, even when rethemed into Garfield's Nightmare. Fun watch if you hadn't seen it and enjoy silly / random theme park history which I assume you do if you're on this site.

shambolicdefending

They can fit Tron in if they just reimagine its scale. Double-track Space Mountain from Florida wouldn't fit in DL, so it became single-track and partially underground.

What if DL Tron was mostly an outdoor attraction, maybe using some of the Peoplemover / Rocket Rods route and the only indoor portion was the carousel building area for launch and finale? Yes, it would feel different from the other Tron attractions, but this is sort of what Disney does when it brings attractions to different parks – remember?
It's what Disney does, historically. But it's definitely not what Bob "Measure Once, Cut Twice" Chapek does. I doubt he's too keen to pay whatever it would cost to re-imagineer an attraction when they've already got a perfectly good set of completed blueprints over in the corner...

britain

It's what Disney does, historically. But it's definitely not what Bob "Measure Once, Cut Twice" Chapek does. I doubt he's too keen to pay whatever it would cost to re-imagineer an attraction when they've already got a perfectly good set of completed blueprints over in the corner...

I don't think it's ridiculous for the CEO to say, "Great, find a way to put this hit Shanghai attraction in both American Tomorrowlands." The burden is on WDI to say, "Look, the scale of everything at DL is smaller, we can figure out some way to do it, but it won't be a cheap copy paste job." If all they do is say, "Yessir" and cram it in, then I blame them, not Chapek.

I still say Avatar is more likely. It's obviously a more valuable franchise to them.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Disney Fans: I'm so tired of IP based attractions. We need more original ideas.

Also Disney Fans: Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron.

britain

Limit your expectations for D23. They are not the be-all-end-all of parks announcement some people think they are.

They ARE the be-all-end-all but only once every 20 years. And the Galaxy's Edge announcement happened 5 years ago, so, we have about 15 years of "Meh" to wade through.

CaptinEO

Also Disney Fans: Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron Tron.
There are probably 5 Tron fans that exist. Its 2 mediocre movies that performed just OK.

I never see people begging for Tron anything. Someone at Disney just has a soft spot for it for some odd reason.

mickEblu

Tron is an IP yes but the way it has been used in the parks it may as well not be. The reason the attraction appeals to me is the aesthetics although I recently watched a POV and it’s not as impressive after seeing POVs of Cosmic Rewind. Also looks too short and don’t want it anywhere near Disneyland unless it’s super customized. Ive never seen any Tron movie. Not even the original.

It’s kind of like Splash Mountain in the 80s to a casual fan.

imagineer97

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
They ARE the be-all-end-all but only once every 20 years. And the Galaxy's Edge announcement happened 5 years ago, so, we have about 15 years of "Meh" to wade through.
And the 2017 one was announcing the death of the Great Movie Ride, so sometimes they can be harbingers of doom. Thankfully I was in WDW when that one happened and I got to go on it one last time.

Sharon&Susan

Does Tomorrowland really need another thrill ride when every other land in the park has one at most (except for maybe SWGE if you count MF:SR?) compared to Tomorrowland's two?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom