Disney theme parks facing 'lost year' of revenue in 2021, analysts predict

Chef Mickey

I think the profit remains to be seen. Their Q3 earnings they had a net loss of almost $5b, not a profit. Granted, that has to do with Fox acquisitions they say, but I am way to lazy to go digging into their non-gaap/gaap comparisons to find out how much of that is really true.
They’ve already told us parks are accretive to operating profit. Not sure what more you want. It’s going to be profitable this quarter. Parks have been open almost the entire quarter versus completely closed. Sports have restarted. Now it’s road to recovery.

They made $0.08/share with parks closed the entire quarter and no sports.

Schweino

They’ve already told us parks are accretive to operating profit. Not sure what more you want. It’s going to be profitable this quarter. Parks have been open almost the entire quarter versus completely closed. Sports have restarted. Now it’s road to recovery.

They made $0.08/share with parks closed the entire quarter and no sports.
The 8 cents is adjusted with Non-GAAP. Again, it goes to what is being counted in Non GAAP. GAAP was a loss, not a profit, and it was a big loss.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
""Walked on to Soarin' the 10 minute wait time was due to the time it took to walk the queue.""

Something doesn't look right with that.; it looks like a bizarre way of defining "wait".

I've always understood wait times to be reflective of - wait from that point until you were on the ride. I've never seen a "0 Wait Time" even when nobody (or close to nobody) was in line.

MickeyLuv'r

""Walked on to Soarin' the 10 minute wait time was due to the time it took to walk the queue.""

Something doesn't look right with that.; it looks like a bizarre way of defining "wait".

Not my post, but it always takes several minutes to load Soarin', no matter how empty it is. With Peoplemover, you can literally walk continuously from the bottom of the ramp and onto the ride. No matter how empty Jungle Cruise is, nobody's walking on water.

to ride JC, you have to wait for the next boat, and go through the loading process. JC starts when the boat leaves the dock.

It tend to say CBJ and Philarmagic are always "near-walk-on" for this reason. For headliners like Big Thunder, if wait is under ten, I might say it was walk-on - even though technically it wasn't - just because the wait was so uncharacteristically short.

Chef Mickey

The 8 cents is adjusted with Non-GAAP. Again, it goes to what is being counted in Non GAAP. GAAP was a loss, not a profit, and it was a big loss.
Sure, we know this...I’m just telling you there is a reason they post both. The loss is a lot of one time stuff. The business is back and is profitable, according to Disney. It will be recovery from here.

Deadphish

I know you said you've been recently. I was there the week prior to Labor. I loved the fact that there were no FP and nothing was over a 20 minute wait except 7DMT. Walked on to Soarin' the 10 minute wait time was due to the time it took to walk the queue.

I kinda liked it.
I was there at the same time and absolutely loved it, pretty much same experience 7DMT was the only thing we waited for and only in the morning at 25 minutes. We went back to it for the last hour and rode it over and over, the only thing that slowed us down was running through the queue, five more rides before time ran out. Everything else was walk on all week except for slinky which was same morning experience as 7DMT, only rode that three more times at the end of the day

Duckberg

The future of currently furloughed CM's is a major issue right now. On another web site I read where a CM who has heard nothing for months tried calling their supervisor. They were told that supervisors could "not" talk to "furloughed" CM's :banghead:. Feeling for the thousands of CM's awaiting a decision on where they stand with Disney.

spock8113

“We think there’s upside to our forecast if an effective COVID vaccine becomes widely available during the next six months,” according to the analysts report.
Oh, pahleeeezzzee. Enough with the Magic Pills for the Magic Kingdom. This isn't happening this soon nor is "Heard Immunity".
COVID Immunity only seems to last a month or two and a vaccine would probably be about the same.
Then once a "vaccine" is formulated, it takes months to get it out there and how effective it is would be another huge question mark.
The flu "vaccine" is about 30% effective from year to year. In the realm of Disney, THIS is Pollyanna.
Non-existent lines are nice but the prices aren't showing the reality of Disney's situation and running at these numbers is unsustainable.
No amount of sugar will make this medicine go down.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
“We think there’s upside to our forecast if an effective COVID vaccine becomes widely available during the next six months,” according to the analysts report.
Oh, pahleeeezzzee. Enough with the Magic Pills for the Magic Kingdom. This isn't happening this soon nor is "Heard Immunity".
COVID Immunity only seems to last a month or two and a vaccine would probably be about the same.
Then once a "vaccine" is formulated, it takes months to get it out there and how effective it is would be another huge question mark.
The flu "vaccine" is about 30% effective from year to year. In the realm of Disney, THIS is Pollyanna.
Non-existent lines are nice but the prices aren't showing the reality of Disney's situation and running at these numbers is unsustainable.
No amount of sugar will make this medicine go down.

The vaccine starting to be distributed to the general public in six months is indeed reasonable.
You're right, this isn't "Heard Immunity," but, if I may ask, what have you been hearing?
Long lasting immunity from COVID can be retained by T cells, which antigen testing can't 'see.'
Vaccines are already being produced by the 10s of millions in hopes they get approved. When approval comes, it'll be ready.
The flu vaccine is about 50% effective, not 30%. Putting 'vaccine' in scare quotes is indeed a scary conspiracy.
The current numbers are indeed sustainable. In the quarter with almost no guests, the Disney company on the whole broke even thanks to the profitability of it's TV channels. Now with guests, Disney will turn a profit.
The vaccines coming out aren't being given on sugar cubes like the one for polio. Hey, when was the last time you were concerned about getting ""polio""?

Also, lrn2retrn.

chama1

I have to say...after waiting 2 wks after the Labor day weekend...being a "local" I went for breakfast at the Boardwalk...the place was almost empty...the place I went to only had five tables being use, and this place had a large dining area...also went to Disney Springs and that's when it home...Disney is losing money and I mean alot....stores might have had 15 ppl (if that) in them....eateries were open but hardly no diners...so sad...but I must say Disney has all of the COVID19 steps in place...I was impressed...if you didn't abide by their rules you had to leave....I know Disney will be back, but not as soon as they predict....Let's see what happens in Nov/Dec....

Lora Baines Bradley

I have to say...after waiting 2 wks after the Labor day weekend...being a "local" I went for breakfast at the Boardwalk...the place was almost empty...the place I went to only had five tables being use, and this place had a large dining area...also went to Disney Springs and that's when it home...Disney is losing money and I mean alot....stores might have had 15 ppl (if that) in them....eateries were open but hardly no diners...so sad...but I must say Disney has all of the COVID19 steps in place...I was impressed...if you didn't abide by their rules you had to leave....I know Disney will be back, but not as soon as they predict....Let's see what happens in Nov/Dec....
Interesting. I was at the parks the last few days and my boyfriend and I weren't even able to get into Boardwalk. Maybe I went to the wrong place, but the man at the guard gate told us it was hotel guests only, no visitors.

Also we went to Springs 3 nights in a row and it was quite busy. The CM that rang us up at World of Disney said he had no clue why it was like that.

chama1

Interesting. I was at the parks the last few days and my boyfriend and I weren't even able to get into Boardwalk. Maybe I went to the wrong place, but the man at the guard gate told us it was hotel guests only, no visitors.

Also we went to Springs 3 nights in a row and it was quite busy. The CM that rang us up at World of Disney said he had no clue why it was like that.
Wow I get I pick the right Friday, which was last week....due to Disney COVID19 regulations...they do check to see if you have a reservation for breakfast, etc. If your name is on it you can go in....Disney Springs was not even 25% full, it was so great to walk without being pushed, bumped, etc...I guess luck was on my side....planning to in Nov lets see how that goes....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom