Disney Testing Metal Detectors, Screening Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckeye

The only people to blame for a terrorist attack are the terrorists. There can't always be a third party that you can blame (i.e. sue) for some zealot doing something crazy.

Someone said earlier that if we live in fear, the terrorists have won. I agree. Loss of liberty frightens me much more than terrorists. Yes, I want to do everything possible to protect my family, but I don't want them to have to be afaid constantly either. I certainly don't want to live in a country where armed soldiers are on every corner.

I don't have the answer, but I do know that I will not let fear rule my life.

AndyMagic

Originally posted by Buckeye
The only people to blame for a terrorist attack are the terrorists. There can't always be a third party that you can blame (i.e. sue) for some zealot doing something crazy.

Someone said earlier that if we live in fear, the terrorists have won. I agree. Loss of liberty frightens me much more than terrorists. Yes, I want to do everything possible to protect my family, but I don't want them to have to be afaid constantly either. I certainly don't want to live in a country where armed soldiers are on every corner.

Beautifully said! BRAVO! :sohappy:

Tim G

Originally posted by TAC
I will do no such thing until *I* get respect from said person.
Please stop it... this subject is very fragile and sad as it is...

BTW...
IMO this is "Trollish" behaviour, and You WILL mind your language, or risking account to be suspended.

Scanner is up!

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by Corrus

BTW...
IMO this is "Trollish" behaviour, and You WILL mind your language, or risking account to be suspended.

Scanner is up!

*Preparing Troll hunting mode!* :lookaroun

ILOVEDISNEY

Originally posted by blackride
ummmmm Since when? Strong comments for a Disney board dont you think?

Since we started using them to work in meat packing, farming, construction, landscaping, and other hard and filthy jobs most fat, lazy Americans won't do. We pay them under minimum wage with no benefits whatsoever; if they complain the business owners order up a new batch at the country club on Wednesday afternoon. You have a better definition of pseudo-slave?

My grandparents were in the same situation a 100 years ago when they were "invited" to this country to become rich--right!!!

JBSLJames

I wanted to make some snappy comment about how my 'Latino-slaves' back at the sweat shop are actually enjoying their time 'working' for me, but you see, this would be a false statement.

Name me another country, throughout history, that has not persecuted a people group in some way or another. Good Luck. (oh and Kentucky and West Virginia do not count as countries).

PKI has the detectors and yes, there are some armed guards in the check area. They are not dressed out in battle fatigues but are simply PKI security packing heat. Knowing this going in, I would be very hesitant to sneak my 9mm into the park.

Do I think it is a good idea. . .YES. Now can't we talk about puppies.

Is Disney LOOKING for a way to hurt attendance? If those things go up, I am out! No way. I refuse to live in fear. I will take my chances, so long as I can live like a free human being!

Originally posted by Buckeye

Brilliant. I don't think I could have said it better myself!

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by TheDisneyBoy
Is Disney LOOKING for a way to hurt attendance? If those things go up, I am out! No way. I refuse to live in fear. I will take my chances, so long as I can live like a free human being!

Some people would live in fear if they won't put it in so they're actually incuraging visits! :animwink:
BTW, I invite you to Israel for a week. See how much you'll love security! :)

Originally posted by DisneyFan 2000
BTW, I invite you to Israel for a week. See how much you'll love security! :)

Strange though....don't they still have bombings???? So, I go to Israel, get searched and poked and prodded, and still get bombed. Like I said, if someone wants to do something evil, they will find away. I would rather die at the age of 22 and live my life freely than be subjected to all of this searching.

DisneyFan 2000

Strange though....don't they still have bombings???? So, I go to Israel, get searched and poked and prodded, and still get bombed. Like I said, if someone wants to do something evil, they will find away. I would rather die at the age of 22 and live my life freely than be subjected to all of this searching.

The number of bombings decrease here greatly when checked properly. Dozens of explosions have been prevented! And those same bombers get caught! I see nothing negative here!

JBSLJames

I would rather die at the age of 22 and live my life freely than be subjected to all of this searching.

Based on your comments, would I be in error if I said DisneyBoy says it would be okay to shut down all border patrols to this country, remove all security devices at airports and other locations for entry to this country. To basically dissolve all armed forces and local police establishments? To truly live free?:veryconfu

TAC

Originally posted by Corrus

BTW...

Scanner is up!

So that means that others can do as they please, verbally attacking people, while others, who are defending themselves, are censured.

What "language" do I need to mind, since I do not feel that anything that I actually said was "bad."

Are YOU a moderator ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom